“What a great selection of Beers-free samples”

Magic Hat Brewing Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Burlington Brewery Tour with Lunch or Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: While you're in the Burlington area, come tour our brewery, where ancient alchemy meets modern day science to create the best tasting beer on the planet. FREE brewery tours, growlers, bombers, 12-packs and tchotchkes. The new bar is a sight to behold with 30 taps flowing and a constantly changing line-up of Magic Hat's best beers, including all our year-round offerings, the current seasonal and even some experimental brews! Always on tap...#9, Circus Boy, Single Chair Ale, Electric Peel, Low Key our seasonal offering, our small batch Humdinger Series and a surprise or two! Come watch our our spores dance and play! Summer Hours: (Memorial Day- Columbus Day) Mon- Sat 11- 7, Sun 12- 5 Free Guided Tours: Tues- Wed 3 & 4, Thurs- Fri 2, 3, 4 & 5, Sat 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, Sun 2 & 3 Winter Hours: (Columbus Day- Memorial Day) Mon-Sat 11- 7, Sun 12- 5 Free Guided Tours: Thurs- Fri 3, 4 & 5, Sat 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, Sun 2 & 3 Self guided tours are there for the taking anytime during open hours!
Garland, Texas
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“What a great selection of Beers-free samples”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My 32 year old son wanted to stop here during our trip into New Hampshire and the visit was indeed fun --and the samples were free--although we bought enough glasses, etc. to make up for it. Magic Hat Brewery is a little different from other breweries but even at my age of 67, I seemed to fit in. I even had a beer that tasted as though it had been smoked. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It provided a nice stopever between Ben and Jerry's and the Vermont Teddy Bear factory!! If you are around Burlington, stop in for a visit.

Visited September 2013

West Des Moines, IA
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Funky”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is by far the weirdest brewery I've ever been to. I went probably October 8 and they were in full gear for Halloween with all orange lights and decorations. You can sample beer at the bar, and buy growlers and swag, no beer by the glass since they don't serve food. The maple chocolate stout was amazing so I got 32 oz to go. It's just off the main highway so if you're headed south out of Burlington stop in.

Ellington, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“If you are driving by and like beer.... keep driving”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I went up to Burlington for the weekend and Magic Hat was on the way back from one of our stops. I stopped because I really enjoy beer and said what the heck. Upon arival to Magic Hat it was strange looking but that was ok. Inside they had a bar and a small gift shop. We did not do the tour as we did not have alot of time before out dinner reservations. We were able to try 4 samples of their beers for free which was nice. The beers themselves were not that good I was really disappointed as only one of the beers I found decent. Maybe its the fact that I have been into better beers but my wife also didnt really like their beers.

The staff was nice but Magic Hat IMO needs to step up their beer making game.

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Unique brewery”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Disclaimer: I was there on a day they did not have guided tours so I did the self-guided tour and beer tasting.
The self guided brewery tour was a a good time, had many funky features, and gave a brief glimpse into the work they do there. The beer tasting was all you would expect in a beer tasting. Why top rating then? For me, I like a brewery tour and tasting heavy on the details about their processes, how they market, came up with a beer, etc etc. Visiting this brewery was more of a chance to see some funky art and try some beer for free, making it a very worthwhile visit. If you are looking for a fact filed tour and tasting, though, you might be a on the disappointment side.

Cobleskill, New York
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Funky Brewery Tour”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived just in time for a guided tour, but frankly the self-guided option would have been sufficient. The line wasn't in operation on a Saturday, but we could see how the process would have taken place. Free tasting was fun and lots of great merch for sale. Not a big beer drinker so can't comment on quality but it was an enjoyable stop!