Smart Suites Burlington
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
$103
ComfortSuites
$71
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
$143
$105
$189
$170
Homewood
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
$119
$76
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
$169
$161
Official Website
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomsmall kitchenettecontinental breakfastan extended staythe holiday inn expressshelburne roadhome away from homerooms are largeshelburne museumvalue for the moneylake champlainsitting areabed was comfortabledefinitely stay here againclose to downtownfitness room
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the smart suites at the beginning of July. The entire staff was so incredibly friendly and welcoming. A special mention to Bridget and James, front desk staff, who were so friendly and helpful during our entire stay. We were traveling with our two pugs and they could not have made us feel more welcome. Every time we saw them they had a smile on there faces. What an asset to your company smart suites. Also, our housekeeper Helen did an amazing job with our room, it was impeccably clean and her sunny disposition was such a pleasure. It was a wonderful experience and I can see why my Mother loves staying there so much. Thank you J&J

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Couchpugs,

It was a pleasure having you as our guests! It was great meeting you after hearing such wonderful things from Carolyn. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor. Positive feedback such as this really makes a difference and we appreciate your contribution.

I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel to stay again. Please do not hesitate to connect with me directly to arrange your next stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here for a 5 day 50th class reunion. The staff was consistently so cheerful and helpful. It was clean and centrally located for our needs. The breakfast was well done. We would certainly day again.

Room Tip: no pool-had to go to lodging next door
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Thomas D,
It was great having you as our guest! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during you class reunion and thank you for sharing a positive review here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to having you back for your 60th class reunion!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed at the Smart Suites for 5 weeks, starting when my spouse received a kidney transplant at Fletcher Allen Hospital. You might think that staying at a hotel, even a suites hotel for that long would be tedious, but it became our home.

I chose the one-bedroom apartment rather than the studio and it was the right decision for such a long stay. The bathroom has the sink separate from the tub/toilet area, which was helpful. The bedroom is large with its own TV. The living room is large with couch, chair, coffee table, TV and desk. The compact kitchen area is visually separated from the above by the small dining table. The kitchen of the 1BR apartment has a full stove with small oven, full refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, sink and pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. The only thing that would have improved our stay was if there were exhaust fans in the bathrooms. This is not the only hotel with this shortcoming, but it really is a poor design.

Cooperation of the manager and the people working at the Smart Suites was way beyond any expectations we might have had and this extended from the front desk, through the maintenance, kitchen and housekeeping staff. Here are just a few examples. The day that my spouse was discharged from the hospital, he was able to walk but was weak. The hotel had a wheel chair to help him get to the room. He needed a safety bar in the shower – the maintenance man brought one to our room and attached it to the tub. A friend sent us a jigsaw puzzle to entertain us, but it was too big for the coffee table – the maintenance guy found and delivered a larger table. The kitchen staff graciously helped us deal with special food needs that we had immediately after the transplant.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, as were the afternoon snacks. The laundry facility was adequate. The gym facility was quite modest, but they have a deal with the neighboring hotel that allows use of their gym and pool.

Part of what made it feel like home was that the entire crew was genuinely interested in how my spouse’s health was doing and they were quite flexible regarding how long we would be staying. When we finally left, though happy to be heading home, we felt a bit sad to be leaving our new friends.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic noise, ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy K

Dear Judy K,
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience here on Trip Advisor. As an independent hotel, we depend on the recommendations of previous guests and it is an honor to receive yours. I can’t wait to share this review with our entire staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!
In Gratitude,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed here for 10 days. My daughter was in the hospital. The staff was so accomadating and friendly.They went beyond their duty to make my stay comfortable. The room was great and the breakfasts and snacks in the afternoon were wonderful. I want to personally thank Michelle and James for being so nice to me.
It was the best hotel I have been in a very long time. The price was also affordable compared to a lot of others in the area. The room was fully equipped with dishes microwave stove full size refrigerator.
Best of the Best

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara P

Dear Barbara P,
It was an honor having you as our guest. Although we wish the circumstances of your stay could have been better, I am glad to hear your were comfortable and well taken care of. I know I speak for everyone here on staff when I say we truly enjoyed having you here and look forward to welcoming you back to Smart Suites.
Let me know the next time you travel to Burlington and I will see to your accommodations personally.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The reason I give this hotel 5 stars isn't because it's perfect. This hotel does a fine job of what it is meant for. The staff was friendly, the 2 room suites was very large and overlooked a forest. The free breakfast was great and the cookies and snacks in the lobby was nice. This hotel is just fine for what it was meant to be for, and this is the hotel we will stay at every time we are in Burlington.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt M

Dear Matt M,
A perfect review never goes unnoticed! Thank you so much for your review and your business. We all work very hard here at Smart Suites to ensure every guest receives 5 star service and a high value per dollar. Next time you are in the Burlington area, please feel free to connect with me directly to book your stay!
In Gratitude,