Smart Suites Burlington
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
$98
$114
$189
$170
Homewood
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
$119
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
$169
$161
Official Website
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
$143
$136
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomsmall kitchenettecontinental breakfastan extended staythe holiday inn expressshelburne roadhome away from homerooms are largeshelburne museumvalue for the moneylake champlainsitting areabed was comfortabledefinitely stay here againclose to downtownfitness room
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Each time I travel to Burlington Vermont, I stay at the Smart Suites in South Burlington. Though a few miles from downtown Burlington, this hotel is the best value --you get a small efficiency kitchen, with a living room and separate bedroom for a very reasonable price. My most recent stay really solidified my opinion. Upon arrival, I noticed that the person in front of me checking in was receiving very polite and thorough information. And the clerk, Eric, was multitasking while providing this excellent service...I thought how efficient this young man is, he is able to answer the customer's questions, and provide directions etc in a very professional manner. When it was my turn to check in, I received the same personal service, but it was not a "boxed" speech that he just gave to the other person in front of me...he tailored his responses to my questions and made me feel very welcome. I will always stay at this hotel, not only because the cost is so reasonable, but because the service is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the upper building, south side...very quiet and nice view of Lake Champlain!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear fb,

I can’t wait to share your review with Eric and our entire staff! It is wonderfully refreshing to hear someone say our hotel “Rocks!”. We think so too!

It is also worth mentioning that we do not believe in “boxed” responses or speeches that you may be use to receiving from other hotels. All of our interactions are genuine and come with a genuine concern for your satisfaction.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I followed the excellent recommendations but was very disappointed.
Room and hotel are very out dated and look very bad. The smoking smell in lobby and especially in the elevator was almost unbearable.
The bed was simply awful... So soft we felt like in a water bed... Fridge made noise like a car.. We barely slept.
Breakfast was minimal so we ate out in a great bagel place near by.
The only positive thing was the reception manager asked how was our stay (I dint intend to complaint) and her reaction when she heard all the above. She was surprised and sorry and discounted 10% of the room cost.
The hotel really needs to improve

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear MosheA,

I am so sorry to hear your most recent stay at our hotel did not exceed your expectation in every way. We truly appreciate your feedback and work hard to create the best experience we can for all of our guests. It is our mission to improve our hotel before your next stay in Burlington.

We are taking action in regards to all of your concerns. We are not currently aware of any unwanted smells in our lobby or elevator but are always prepared to respond to such things whenever we are made aware. If there is an issue with the mattress in your room, please let us know which room you stayed in so that we may address it. Also, our breakfast is in a constant state of improvement. We are always anxious to hear what items others would be interested in added or changed!

Thank you again for your feedback. It truly makes a difference to us! I want to invite you to contact me directly to discuss these matters further and hopefully have you as our guest again in the future. I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to Burlington!

All the Best,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife is a travel nurse, and took an assignment in Burlington. The travel company contracted with Smart Suites for lodging for her while she is in Vermont. She has been here since June 2013, and is extremely happy with her accommodations. I have been here twice now...once to move her in, and the second time to come see her on vacation. The staff has always been extremely friendly and willing to do what it takes to make your stay a comfortable one. It DOES have its drawbacks...communal laundry, no pool, standard definition tv's, etc. However, they have made arrangements for guests to use the Holiday Inn pool next door, and the laundry room is clean and has a small workout area in it. The Hotel has always been clean and comfortable when I've been here. Based upon my wife's comments, and my own experience, I would recommend this hotel to people who need an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear litespd_56,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! A clean room, warm breakfast and a friendly welcome are all small things we can do convey our appreciation to our guests! We loved having you here and are honored to receive your recommendation!

Be safe in your future travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm a travel nurse staying in Smart Suites from May 2013 to Aug 2013. From the staff to the accommodations, I would highly recommend it. It was clean and cozy. The pool, hot tub, ease of doing laundry and the hot breakfast were awesome. The staff made it feel like home. It truly did feel like a home away from home. In my travels as a nurse across the country, I have stayed in some really awful places. This is, by far, the best place I have stayed. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Michelle, the Manager, is very fair and accommodating. Thank you, Smart Suites and Staff.

Room Tip: Room 315 - the room with a view of the trees is very private and quiet. At times there were children in the rooms next to me and I never heard them when I was inside the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Vicki,

We will miss you a great deal. Thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. We love our traveling nurses and relationships we build as a result of extended stays. Your recommendation means the world to us!

Be safe in your future travels,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wedding on Saturday, stayed 2 nights, just a nice place to stay. They did mention to write a review on TA and you know they were confident enough to ask that it would be a good review.
Stayed in some dumps in my time that could care less about the place, this was not a dump.
I will not say more, just find out for yourself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear wwrockyou,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! More and more people are beginning to discover the value of independent hotels such as the Smart Suites over big corporate chains. We are honored you gave us a chance.

I believe Trip Advisor tells an important story about our hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and address each issue aggressively. In doing so, the satisfaction of our guests has consistently improved. Today, we are very confident in our service, product and value! We seek to exceed the expectations of all our guests. Rest assured that if something unfavorable comes up, we will correct it.

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to let others know about your positive experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back to hotel in the future!

In Gratitude,