“2nd time we go and will go again”

and 1 more site!
Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
montreal
“2nd time we go and will go again”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This our second stay here and we actually thought it was nicer this time around. We were put on the 3rd floor and our friends got a room with a huge window facing the water, so we got to enjoy sunsets in their room. We appreciate so much how friendly the staff is and when arriving they didn't have the studio we booked for our friends so they upgraded them to a 1 bedroom for the same price! The 1 bedroom units are huge, a full kitchen and the beds were very comfortable. The location is close to downtown and shopping, and honestly having shopped around this place has the best price in town for what you get. We are going back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear georgie39,

Thank you for being our guest a second time around! It is important to us that we remain in a constant state of improvement. Part of our commitment to each guest is to ensure that your next stay is even better than the last. I am so happy to hear our staff kept this commitment to you by being friendly and accommodating!

Your friend must have stayed in one of our Bay Window Suites. These rooms feature the best view of the lake (and sunset) and we can usual offer them at no additional charge for those who know to ask. Availability is very limited so booking in advance helps too!

Thank you again! It really means a lot to that you chose to share your recommendation with others here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you as our guest again next year for an even better experience!

All the Best,

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent a week in the Smart Suites in Burlington Vermont. We found it to be an excellent choice for our needs. We had a 1 bedroom suite and my only complaint is the air conditioner is in the bedroom is right next to the bed and the noise made it almost impossible to fall asleep. After the first night we had to turn it off when we went to bed. We would stay there again. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were on the third floor and there is a large deck where you can see the Adirondack mountains and Lake Champlain. The hotel is located relatively close to the shore of the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side or back of the hotel is advisable although the traffic on Shelburne Rd. at night i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KittyO897
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear KittyO897,

From all of us here at the Smart Suites, Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with others. I am glad to discover you consider us to be an excellent choice and we are grateful for your recommendation.

For your next stay, we want it to be nothing short of perfect! In this, please feel free to connect with me directly and we can discuss all of our options for resolving the issues you encountered with the air conditioning unit. I am sure we can find the best accommodations suited to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to have you as our guest again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed a few days there last week. We have stayed there a number of times before.
This time was a little different. The room we were given had a mild odor. I phoned the front desk.
( I hate doing this it always turns out bad somehow its going to be my fault ) The lady at the front desk said she would send someone to check out the problem. He was there in less than one minute. To my surprise he agreed there was a odor. He said call the front desk again. I did and the polite lady ask if we would come back and she would see what she could do. We went back and the lady was already working on the problem. After checking her computer for a few minutes she ask her boss Jim Davision assistant manager if he could help. He came over really friendly and said lets see what can we do to fix this problem. He played with the computer a few minute and then ask if we could follow him after asking if he could carry my bags. He then showed us 2 rooms both were great. My wife picked one. Everything was great. I was satisfied. Jim Davision then turned to us and ask if we were going out to eat that night we said yes. He said for our in convince he would like to buy us dinner. I first thought he was joking. He wasn’t. He treated us like we were staying at one of the finest hotel in New York City. All hotels are great until something goes wrong then you find out if they really do care. I tell you Smart Suites in South Burlington do care and I recommend them not only for there good value but there service when something does go wrong. Thank you Jim and all your friendly staff.
I will see you again
Bill McCarthy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill M
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Bill,

It was a unique pleasure having the opportunity to serve you by correcting the problem you experienced and it is an honor to see such a wonderful review! Thank You!

Our team enjoys reading these reviews because we truly care about the service we provide and the satisfaction of each our guests. There is no reward greater in customer service than hearing that you’ve done a great job. I am genuinely sorry for the trouble you encountered but and happy to hear we were able to resolve it.

Again, Thank You! It means the world to us that you took the time to write this review Bill. We can’t wait to welcome you and your wife back to our hotel!

All the Best,

Montreal
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent the long weekend here and were very pleased. The suites are ideal for those with children, as they are roomy and have the closed off bedroom. I would definitely recommend this place. The staff were indeed very friendly and accommodating. My only constructive criticism would be that the beds are a little on the soft/worn down side, and could use replacing, but that could just be a matter of taste. That said, I'd gladly return to the same room as the price and convenience were excellent. Thanks again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear robibio,

It is always a pleasure to have our friends from Canada visiting over the weekend! We too enjoyed celebrating this past St. Jean Baptiste Day and are glad you choose to spend the weekend with us! You recommendation is invaluable and we can’t thank you enough for “getting the word out” about the Smart Suites!

In regards to the beds, I would be honored if you had the time to connect with me directly to discuss this matter (jamesd@innvermont.com or 802-846-1904). We purchase only brand name mattresses and high quality linens to ensure the comfort of all of our guests. If there is a mattress in our hotel not meeting our standards or your needs, we would like to get it replaced promptly.

Thank you again!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The price was very reasonable. The staff were extremely friendly and personable. The place was spotless. Their breakfast had a great selection. Lots of parking. Well maintained grounds. Their restaurant had the appearance and feel of a 5 star restaurant, but the prices were affordable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anicycle,

Perfect Score! Thank You! It is wonderful to hear such nice things about our hotel and the service we offer.

Our all inclusive rate (free breakfast, parking, wi-fi, ect) will remain reasonable and of good value despite the opportunity to raise it like so many hotels do. We do not believe in overcharging our guests and often give our best deals at the last minute when other hotels won’t budge!

I can’t wait to share your comments with our entire staff and I will also share your kind words with our neighbors at the Lake View House Restaurant.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June. We had a very pleasant suite which was well serviced and clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times. The breakfast was a well stocked continental type. Coffee and tea available all day and in late afternoon the staff put out some'nibbles which was a nice touch.
It's well situated for exploring the Burlington/ Lake Champlain area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear George,

It was our pleasure having you as our guests! We truly appreciate such an outstanding review as well as your business. Our staff is always anxious to read about what our guests are saying about us and I look forward to sharing your comments with them!

It is also a privilege to read that you found your suite to be pleasant, clean and well serviced. We know that many guests decide to stay with us because of our great location (as you mentions) and excellent value however, we hope you decide to return because of your experience!

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and making your next stay with us even better!

In Gratitude,

Assistant General Manager

P.S. - Thank you for writing our 100th review on Trip Advisor!
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good value for extended stay. Rooms were spacious with fully equipped kitchen area. Microwave and full size refrigerator with ice maker. Free bottled water at the front desk and the afternoon sweet treat was an nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carolyn B
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We truly appreciate you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Here at the Smart Suites, we take a lot of pride in the service we offer to each and every one of our guests. Although you gave us high marks, we want to ensure your next stay is nothing short of perfect! To do so, I would like to invite you to connect with me personally to discuss how we can earn a 5/5 in every category during your next stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to invite you back to our hotel!

In Gratitude,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!