“Excellent- I can't think of a better place to stay.”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a visiting professor at the University of Vermont, I needed long-stay accommodation for 5 months. At the outset, I had booked for an initial one month term but was not sure how long I would stay beyond that point. But I did, in fact, spend 5 months here.

As a long-stayer, I feel reasonably confident about making the following observations-

The rooms were airy and bright. It is certainly a clean hotel. The room was thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis. The breakfast was great and offered good variety. Everyone from the managers to the housekeeper had a friendly and positive attitude. One evening during my stay I needed to find a nurse or a doctor urgently. All the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out on that particular evening. They are always ready to assist guests with their needs whether small or major. I want to thank each and every one of the Smart Suites staff for their concern, support and understanding during the course of my stay. If you should ever find yourself in Burlington, VT, I can strongly recommend a stay at Smart Suites. You will be glad you did so.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Professor,

I know I speak for our entire team when I say the pleasure has been ours these past five months. We have genuinely enjoyed your presence here. We are excited to hear about your new position but are dismayed to lose you as our guest.

In regards to your kind words above: Thank You! Word travels fast and everyone on staff has taken turns reading your review. It has created a lot of smiles here at the Smart Suites.

Whenever your future travels take you, know that you have friends here at our hotel. We look forward to your return to Burlington and can’t wait to welcome you back!

With Gratitude,

There are newer reviews for Smart Suites Burlington

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time in Vermont for my daughter's wedding, partly due to Smart Suites. The time there was fantastic, rooms were excellent and the staff was great. When needing a hotel in Burlington I will make it a point to stay with them and will recommend them to my friends and family. I must give extra thanks to Tori Desautels, she was wonderful and easy to work with.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Jeff C,

Congratulations to you and your daughter in her marriage! We are thrilled that you choose to share such a momentous occasion with us here at the Smart Suites! I am happy to hear that you and your entire group were well taken care of!

Your recommendation of our hotel to your friends and family is an honor. Furthermore, taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and sharing it with the rest of the world truley makes difference to us. In response, I have already taken the time to share your comments with Tori and the rest of our staff and we can’t thank you enough.

If you ever have need of accusations in the Burlington area, you will always have friends at the Smart Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We arrived in Burlington very tired. We were on a budget for this trip and I had stopped a several other hotels before coming into Smart Suites. What a pleasure! James greeted me and answered every question I had. And, Smart Suites is pet-friendly. We didn't have our dog with us, but when we move to Vermont, we'll need a place where we can all be until our house is set up.

While SmartSuites was a bit more expensive than I'd planned to spend for our college/job-interview trip, it was well worth the few dollars more. I cannot recommend Smart Suites highly enough.

The suite was absolutely lovely. The beds were beyond comfortable--not just on the first night, but the second night as well. Free wi-fi was essential for me. Breakfast was hearty and the location is very convenient to everything in Burlington.

While I was here, I emailed two friends to tell them about Smart Suites. They travel and one of them is planning a summer time trip to Vermont.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor about mid-way in the hall. It was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Tammy,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel! It was wonderful having you as our guest. I can't clearly express just how much it means to all of us here that you took the time to write us such a phenomenal review. A perfect score never goes unnoticed!

It is great to hear that you found our accommodations to be of good value and comfortable. I understand that you will be returning to the area for an extended stay before moving into a new home. Please feel free to connect with me directly as we have weekly and monthly rates avaialbe to make your move as easy as possible.

I look forward to your return and hope to be the first one to welcome you to the Burlington area as a local!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed at this location 3 times over the past year for both business and stopover before flying out of Burlington Airport (they provide free shuttle service). The rooms are very adequate for both overall comfort and when you need to work with free WiFi. All rooms have kitchenette which is set up with all you need to (stovetop) cook or warm up a meal from the many local restaurants or grocery stores. Morning breakfast is ample, fresh, with many healthy selections to start your day. Their entry sitting area is cozy with large plasma TV and gas fireplace which is also a section for morning dining. Large business room with computer, printer, etc on main level. Fitness center is downstairs with various equipment and laundry room off to the side.
The staff is very friendly and always there at the desk when you need them (night shift ends at 10pm) but you have security on all doors. I travel alone mostly so this is essential. The location is easy access onto RT 7 but you can walk out the front door, turn left, and jog into a quiet neighborhood for fresh air, avoiding sidewalks/street traffic.

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone, there are rooms that have the king bed with sitting area and kitchenette...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank suzi d
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear suzi d,

We truly appreciate you continued business over the course of this past year! It is wonderful to hear experiences here have been positive ones. The details you provide in your review are extensive and of great value to future travelers. I do want to clarify by saying that our front desk service is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will never be a time someone is not on staff to meet your needs.

I am glad that you talked about safety in your review! This is always of first priority (even before comfort and service) and a great deal of time and care is given to ensuring the safety of all our guests. Our hotel features an active security camera system, interior/exterior door locks, a well lit parking lot, an over night security guard, and has a dedicated Safety Committee that meets regularly.

I look forward to your next trip to Burlington and can’t wait to welcome you back to the Smart Suites!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband was hospitalized in the Fletcher Allen Hospital and I needed to remain in Burlington for an indefinite stay. The Smart Suites accommodated my needs easily, especially financially. When I wasn't certain about "checking out" they assured me not to worry about my personal items in the room, it was mine for as long as I needed it. At this time of sorrow, utmost worry, the management eased my mind GREATLY. I will always be grateful for the consideration given to me.

Room Tip: The ease in driving to the hospital was important to me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn B
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dawn,

It is always a privilege to have an opportunity to offer a service that exceeds our daily commitment to our guests as a hotel. When faced with a situation such as yours, we will always make a decision that favors your needs rather than our bottom line. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel and hope you know that no thanks are necessary. We are so sorry to hear about the circumstance of your last stay and are humbled that we have the chance to make things a little easier.

I hope that everything worked out well in regards to your husband’s hospitalization. I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future under brighter circumstances.

In Gratitude,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My daughter and I have been staying at Smart Suites for several years now. Sometimes just the 2 of us and other times with the children. The service is always excellent and the staff are firendly and welcoming. We love having the kitchenette with the stove and full fridge, especially when we have the children with us. It keeps their snacks available for any hour of the day. Not having to go out for breakfast is a plus and the children love the fresh baked goodies in the afternoon.
The location for travelling around the area is great. Shopping and dining are just a stones throw away.

Room Tip: I personally love the corner rooms at the front - and the top floor - the view is awesome
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Marlene,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! It was an honor and a pleasure having you as our guest. It is great to discover that you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Burlington and your time at our hotel. I never grow tired of hearing how friendly our staff is and can’t wait to share your comments with them. It is also reassuring to hear that you made use of our all suite amenities including the full kitchen, evening reception, and complimentary Continental Breakfast.

Finally, as I always say, we know guests choose to stay with us because of our fantastic location and tremendous value however, we hope you return as our guest because of you experience.

I can’t wait to welcome you back to the Smart Suites the next time you are in the Burlington area!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first time at this hotel but definetely not the last! The staff and people at the desk were very friendly. We booked a room with a king sized bed and the sofa was a pull out bed. Perfect for our 2 kids. It also was fully equiped with a kitchenette but we didn't use it since we were there only 1 day. The room was super clean and spacious. Beds were cozy. Breakfast was included and they had, toast, muffins, eggs, sausages and french toast. Something for everyone.
Close to shopping, Costco, and restaurants. Will go back for sure!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Smart Suites during your most recent trip to Burlington. It sounds like you found the additional space of our suites to be of good value. Our mission has always been to provide clean, comfortable suites at a reasonable price. As you noticed, our beds are exceedingly restful as we invest in brand name mattresses and high quality linens. Although our location, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, and price are all outstanding, we hope you decide to return because of your experience!

I look forward to inviting you and your family back to hotel the next time you are in the Burlington area. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It means so much to our staff that you decided to do so!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!