“I will never come back!”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here at 3 occasions:

- NO housekeeping!!!!!!
- Not always hot water!!!
- Breakfast is jus ok
- Noisy! (you can hear water running thru the walls)
- Staff is just okay
- Kitchen poorly equipped

Will NOTTTT stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the main street!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexandra L
ssuites, Smart Suites Team at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel, your feedback is invaluable. I want to extend my sincerest apologies for past experiences at our hotel. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and are committed to meeting the needs of everyone who stays with us. Your feedback is invaluable to our success and I can assure you we are taking these matters very seriously.

In that spirit, I would like to open the lines of communication between us by inviting you to contact me directly. It would be a honor to hear from you and discuss these matters further. I’m am sure we amend the issues you observed and improve the quality of our hotel for your next stay.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed a Thursday evening, not booking until late afternoon. We initially stopped here in the early afternoon to look at room and confirm rate. Jessica at front desk was courteous and showed us a great studio for $79. Telling her that we had more places to check, we drove on. Our search took us to another Trip Advisor highly rated motor lodge. Pleasant desk staff. But at $69 the offer was not going to match Smart Suites. Still not sure we had the best rate, we decided to check some Marriott properties. Each of these had rates starting at $135 or higher. There was no reason to look at the rooms. the Smart Suites room was great. Carpeting looked new. Kitchenette featured a two burner stove. The bed was very comfortable and suited my light-sleeping wife well.
Over the past few years, I have been staying at Holiday Inn Express when traveling. Despite some four star ratings, they are hit and miss and the pricing is all over the map for the same standard room. ($89 -$149) America needs more Smart Suites. They topped all the HIE places I have stayed with the exception of one that was nearly twice the price.
My only quibbles about Smart Suite are, um.... Oh, the vent in the bathroom was not open, but we informed the desk staff and they said they would address it right away. Also, the hot water in the morning was not as hot as we would have liked, but they were already working to fix it when we told them about it. FYI: Smart Suites is opening a location in White River Junction, Vermont in 2014.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Room23
ssuites, Smart Suites Team at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

THANK YOU! I am so happy to hear that your experiences at our hotel and interactions with our staff were all positive ones. I am also pleased to hear you found our rooms to be so accommodating. We know we are offering the best value in Burlington; clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. It is an honor to receive such kind remarks and we are grateful that you took the time to share them on Trip Advisor. Your recommendation goes a long way.

I wanted to take the time to acknowledge it and let you know how much we appreciate your response. I look forward to your next stay at our property and hope we have the chance to meet each other then! Also, the hot water is fixed! We now have a brand new boiler that is working just fine against the Vermont winter.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I did my homework on places to stay as I was traveling with my daughter. Smart Suites exceeded my expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful upon check-in; the room was large, bright, clean & warm. The location was convenient, and being unfamiliar with the area I was concerned with safety – this was not an issue. The breakfast was varied, the coffee hot and the dining area was clean and well kept. Smart Suites is a 5 star place to stay. The only down side was a smell of smoke when we came back after supper. The smoke smell was in the front hall, but I suspect someone had been smoking outside prior to our arrival, as our room was non-smoking and the rest of the building was smoke free. I will definitely return if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a king suite and mid-way down the hall - it was very quiet. The elevator is exceptional...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your time in Burlington as well as your stay at our hotel! We too believe we are a “5 Star Stay” and appreciate your help in spreading the word! Providing an eclectic breakfast, fresh coffee, superior service, and a safe environment are all simple things we do to show how much we appreciate you for staying with us. Reviews such as this truly make a difference to our team and I am excited to share your comments with our associates. We know that many of our guests choose to stay with us because of our excellent location but we hope that you return to our hotel because of the experience. I look forward to meeting you the next time you and your daughter travel to Burlington.

With Gratitude,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that this very reasonably-priced hotel was such a great place to stay. The room was clean and cheerful, the bed was comfortable, and I liked the bank of windows that made the room brighter than most other hotels. The kitchen was clean and stocked with the essentials. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was decent. There is traffic noise from Shelburne Road, but the HVAC fan could be turned on to drown it out, and it wasn't as bad as an interstate highway whine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. Whether it’s the bay windows overlooking Lake Champlain or the comfort of our beds, we strive to create the best stay in Burlington. Our team is dedicated to your comfort which means clean rooms and warm service at the front desk. I am pleased to hear you made use of the kitchen in your room as much consideration goes into how our suites are appointed. Shelburne Road does keep busy outside because we are located in the heart of South Burlington. To amend this next time you are in town, ask about our “Forest View” rooms which provide an extra level of peace and serenity.

Thank you again for taking the time to give our hotel such an outstanding review on Trip Advisor! I am excited to share your post with our team and look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend, we checked in kinda late because we left after work on Friday so we didn't get there until 7:00 pm We didn't eat before we left so I asked for a close by place and the girl told us that there's a place attached to the parking lot called The LakeView Inn, so we went over to grab a bite to eat after a long ride. We were seated and started looking at the menu's, well after at least 15 mins gone by and many employee's walking by our table, not one person asked if we were all set or told us it would be a minute. They were not that busy since it was like 7:30 by now. I waited another 5 mins before I went up to the front desk, I asked if there was a manager on and the 2 kids looked at each other, because neither of them knew, and said no. I told them how long I was waiting and all they did is say sorry and giggled ? Well I wasn't amused and we walk out after I told them just how I felt, I wouldn't eat there if you stay at the Smart suites. The room and the staff at the hotel were very nice, the breakfast was good and the place is in a good location to every where. Just do yourself a favor and stay away from the Lake View Inn next door to the hotel.

Room Tip: They have 2 floors and we were on the first floor, could hear the people walking around on top of us...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNNYB17

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our friends next door at the Lake View House. We work very closely with them as many of our guests are shared and I will be sure to review your concerns with them immediately. It is our personal commitment to ensure that we exceed the expectations of every guest who stays at our hotel. Part of that commitment is making sure your time in Burlington outside of our walls is of the highest value possible. Additionally, I would like to open the lines of communication between us and invite you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further.

I am delighted to hear you found our staff to be friendly and breakfast good. Being less than 4 miles away from anywhere in the Burlington area, we agree that our location is also very good. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our associated and can’t wait to meet you in the future!

With Gratitude,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here overnight, three of us a bed for two and a large pull,out for one.
Comfortable and roomy for the price. Good breakfast as well thrown in.

The pool is a shared facility in the next hotel (about 4 all sharing interconnected car parks so it seemed)too far to get to and back especially if you are wet and its cold. The shared restaurant was good and so were the prices.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We are honored that you choose to stay with us for such an amazing trip! It is a long way from Australia to Vermont and we are excited we had the opportunity to meet your needs. We trust it was everything you had hoped it would be and more.

It’s great to hear that you found use of our shared facilities with our sister properties. We believe that by utilizing the resources of our neighboring hotel, we can provide a truly unique guest experience for the most affordable price. Being able to share things like pool costs, we are able to pass that savings directly on to you whether it be in your room rate at the Smart Suites or menu prices the Lake View House Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that you had what sounds like a soggy trip back from the pool facilities. Next time you stay, we would be more than happy to provide shuttle service between our properties. We hope to see you again soon and be safe in your future travels!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in Burlington in late September, traveling with our 3 year old, and had a great stay at Smart Suites - had a two room suite with full kitchen and was impressed with cleanliness and how well stocked we were with dishes, extra blankets etc. Staff was friendly and courteous and location worked well for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!