“Don't overlook this one!”

and 1 more site!
Smart Suites Burlington
Woodsville, New Hampshire
“Don't overlook this one!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and thought it was a great value. It was very nice to have a separate living room/kitchenette.Everything was very clean. The bedspreads have been updated from those that were pictured in the photos. The bed was VERY comfortable. The bathroom was clean. There was even a dishwasher. All pots/pans, glasses/wine glasses were included in the cupboards. Both the bedroom and the living room had a TV. There was even an outdoor community roof sitting area outside the third floor. The continental breakfast was good. A large selection, something for everyone. Nothing special, but many options and you can't beat the price! The staff was very nice and accommodating. The pool is indoor and across the parking lot at the Holiday Inn. We went briefly, but it seemed dirty and yucky. We wouldn't recommend it. We will certainly come back and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hobbsks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Lemme tell ya, this is one great hotel. Affordable, yet lots to offer.

We stayed for 4 nights. The kitchen is a nice size, complete with a stove, dishwasher, full sized refrigerator, coffee, etc. Living room area was clean with a tv, table, and couch. The couch wasn't really comfortable, but not a big deal. The bedroom was large with a very comfy king sized bed, tv, and AC (the AC is only in the bedroom, but it cools off the entire suite). Bathroom was very clean and roomy, stocked with soap, shampoo, a hair drier, etc. This suite was basically a fair sized apartment, which I liked. My traveling partner and I had enough space, and didn't have to be in a crowded little room.

The staff is very nice, and they offer a free breakfast everyday (which was actually good. Those cranberry muffins were to die for).

For those without a car, a bus is right on the corner that will drop you off in the center of Burlington (doesn't run on Sundays though). It also makes a few trips to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory which is a few miles down from the hotel.

We absolutely loved Smart Suites, and will stay here again.

1 Thank Kisha M
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel was such a nice surprise. We booked a suite only for the whirlpool tub, and were not expecting such a spacious room and bathroom. It's perfect for families or a group of friends. The room and bathroom were very clean. The front staff were so helpful and friendly! I can't speak to the breakfast as the blackout curtains and quiet room let me to sleep through it. Location is less than 10 minutes from the Waterfront.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are well worth the extra $$.
2 Thank TornadoAlli
Cape Cod MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My friend and I took our daughters for a girls only trip to Vermont and spent two nights here.
The pros:
The front desk staff is amazing, I can honestly say that they are nicer than some of the same employees I have encountered at Disney World.
The price, we had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette for less than any other room in town except maybe the motels.
The access to the pool at the Holiday Inn Express was easy and fun for the kids.
The cons:
There are not a lot of staff on duty at any one time, housekeeping didn't arrive until almost 4 pm and after we had just arrived back from a busy day. The kids were about to nap so we had to settle for swapping out towels and trash.
Because of the lack of staff some of the guests take advantage of the public areas, specifically the third floor outdoor deck where each night I encountered drinking parties when I went out to smoke. While these individuals were not troublesome it was uncomfortable to find people consuming alcohol in a public area such as that.
The free breakfast is to be avoided, cook in your room or go out. The food was not kept at proper tempuratures and the selection is extremely limited.
This property would have received four stars had it not been for the public drinking. I feel the value for the money is exceptional, the rooms were clean and had everything you could want. Finally, the staff is extremely responsive to any issue.
We would stay here again but will request a first floor room.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor.
1 Thank Cara W
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

First let me say the personnel were friendly and helpful. We got upgraded from a studio to a two room on the second floor. The breakfast offering was certainly adequate with a good selection of items. What struck me was that the place was starting to show its age and was in need of a little sprucing up. Our room although smoke-free was not necessarily odor free mainly from the air conditioning unit which if you never clean the filters will never be odor free especially if the room in some past time had been a smoking room. Strangely enough the A/C unit was in the bedroom with no unit in the main sitting area/kitchen. Of the two window in that area, one was missing a screen. Would we return? Not likely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FandB2
Pickering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with another couple in a connecting room. The rooms are a good size, the A/C worked perfectly, fridge was awesome. The bed was extremely comfortable and did not want to get out of it in the morning! I love breakfast and I was satisfied as there was plenty of choice and it was well stocked. We rode our bikes from the hotel to the downtown which made for a longer ride on the day but hey, I had to burn off my breakfast! I would stay here again as we felt safe and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tuckerton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pulled into Parking lot thinking Holiday Inn Express may have at least 1 room available. No such luck, clerk had reluctantly suggested Smart suites right next door. Check in was quick ,easy. Room was located on 3rd fl. Elevator works. Upon entering room, heard another guest in hallway complaining about AC in room not working. Our room was warm, AC wasn't on but figured its warm will turn on and go out to dinner, room should be cooled off by time we return. "No such Luck" Blowing out warm air. Called front desk, clerk understanding, nice stated will call on site Mr. Fix-it will be at your room in 30 min- max. OK that's fine, 60 min ltr, still no response and I'm not happy paying $119.00, for this room. So I decided I'll go talk to clerk, on elevator ride to 1st floor, Met a woman on elevator who said "oh, haven't seen you before you new here" My 1st thought was, OMG, I,m in a Welfare Motel. I was horrified. Talked to Clerk, was advised he's busy, He should be at your room within an hour. (it's now 11:30 PM) I just drove 9 hrs , I'm tired and my patiences are running thin. Requested room change or refund. Changed room, advised room was on lower level and in smoking area, I'm not picky at this hour so I said fine. OMG, lower level is the worst, I thought what am I doing here. I have my 2 teenage sons with me. Cigerette smoke -stench, dogs barking(Pet-friendly)Long-term residents socialing in hallway. Once inside room, couldn't get in there fast enough, barricaded door with suitcases and movable furniture. had adjoining door to another room, which on several occasions heard handle moving, someone knocked on door. AC worked great in this room. Mattress was horrible had a gully in middle and had a stench. Spider webs with deadbugs stuck. Bathroom was ok, kind of puzzled why does vent/fan have plastic wrap covering? Didn't dare remove in fear of more spiders or critters would come flooding thru. Check out in morning, I complained and advised them of my dissatifaction with accomadations, Took off $50 from bill, should of charged 19.95 thats all it was worth. Or as my son's had suggested why don't we just sleep in car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kelly F
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,257 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#6 of 11 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!