Smart Suites Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
$103
Delta Hotels
$56
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortSuites
$93
$85
Hotels.com
$101
$137
$109
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
$101
$134
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
$149
$127
Official Website
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomsmall kitchenettecontinental breakfastan extended staythe holiday inn expressshelburne roadhome away from homerooms are largeshelburne museumvalue for the moneylake champlainsitting areabed was comfortabledefinitely stay here againclose to downtownfitness room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Smart Suites in Burlington is a fine establishment. I stayed there for two nights over Christmas 2007. The rooms were very clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I just got back from 2 nights at the Mainstay property. I found it to be spacious - large bedroom with king bed (extra pillows and blanket in closet), large living area and kitchen area, balcony with great views of the Lake (4th floor). Breakfast was included and offered french toast, waffles, juice, muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit and pop tarts. Free internet access in the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and above average for the type/level of hotel. Good location- close to the highway, about 10 mnutes from downtown Burlington, less than 5 minutes drive to Magic Hat brewery, about 20 minutes to the Vermont Teddy Bear Company, the Charlotte Village Winery, Shelburne Farms and the Ben & Jerry Factory.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 21, 2007

The Mainstay is with others owned by the same people so you can use the pool/whirlpool at the H-I Express as well. Breakfast was typical but very nice. Rooms large and clean and modern. I found no problems staying here. Unless there are few people, the larger parking lots that are shared are where you will park (not right in front), but no matter. This is better than most if the price is right. Fitness room not great, but you really should be skiing instead anyway. Also, 6 mininute drive to downtown where you should go... best city life between NYC and Montreal.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2007

I booked my stay at this hotel based on the reviews I read here. I was in town for a rugby tournament and needed a place to crash for one night. My overall feeling was the hotel was just ok. It is a chain hotel. I did not expect it to be anything fantastic, however, I did expect it to be cleaner than it was.

First the positives, the location was decent to downtown Burlington. It was about a 10 minute drive. The room was large as it was a suite (obviously). There was a small kitchenette with fridge, dishwasher, two stove burners and sink. The cabinets were stocked with an adequate amount of dishes, pots, pans, etc. There was also a couch and chair with coffee table and lamps for reading. Also, on a positive note, the linens on the king sized bed were very soft and I could not hear anything from the nearby rooms. This is usually not the case for me as I am a light sleeper.

Now for the negatives, the bathroom . . . ewwww. There was hair in the shower and stuck to the inside of the bathroom door. It was pretty disgusting to see someone else’s dark hair all over the place. The housecleaning staff should have taken care of it before my arrival. Another negative was the welcome received upon check-in. I was not looking for someone to jump up and down to welcome me, but I felt as if I was really bothering the woman at the front desk by checking in. There was no smile, no how are you. It was just her saying “Name? Address? Master card used to book the room?” Maybe she was having a bad day, may not, I don’t know. One last negative, and this is really nit-picky (I know) the refrigerator was REALLY loud. There was a constant humming that sounded much like a microwave running all night long.

All in all it was an OK stay. The hair in the bathroom was just a really big turn off. If I’m paying 100 bucks for a room I’d expect it to be clean. Heck, if I’m paying 50 bucks for a room I’d expect it to be clean. I probably would not stay here again unless there were no other options available.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Always_Globetrotting
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We stayed at this property for one night on our way to Boston. The hotel is part of a collection of 4 hotels and a restaurant off the main road (Hwy 7) in South Burlington. This makes for quite a quiet location, and being up the hill gives the upper floor rooms a lovely view of Lake Champlain. The lobby is nice, the front desk being an actual sit-down desk in a room off the main lobby. While the property was basically clean, there was the oddest smell in the downstairs corridor - I couldn't decide if it was cigarette smoke or some other smoking/burning smell! This was only evident in the corridor from the lobby to the elevator, once on our own floor the smell was gone. The room itself, a large 1-bedroom suite, was lovely, clean and well-maintained. Since we booked this night with our Choice Privileges points, I was quite impressed that we got a full suite, and not just one of the studio suites. We also had a lovely balcony off the room, very nice. A full kitchen - with a proper oven, not just a cooktop - and full cable! Breakfast was your basic continental fare, perfectly adequate, served in the lobby area. Here you'll also find a computer with free internet access. All in all, a very pleasant stay, and well worth the price...!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family