“Adequate for our one night stay”

and 1 more site!
Smart Suites Burlington
Columbia, Maryland
“Adequate for our one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

First let me say the personnel were friendly and helpful. We got upgraded from a studio to a two room on the second floor. The breakfast offering was certainly adequate with a good selection of items. What struck me was that the place was starting to show its age and was in need of a little sprucing up. Our room although smoke-free was not necessarily odor free mainly from the air conditioning unit which if you never clean the filters will never be odor free especially if the room in some past time had been a smoking room. Strangely enough the A/C unit was in the bedroom with no unit in the main sitting area/kitchen. Of the two window in that area, one was missing a screen. Would we return? Not likely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FandB2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Pickering
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with another couple in a connecting room. The rooms are a good size, the A/C worked perfectly, fridge was awesome. The bed was extremely comfortable and did not want to get out of it in the morning! I love breakfast and I was satisfied as there was plenty of choice and it was well stocked. We rode our bikes from the hotel to the downtown which made for a longer ride on the day but hey, I had to burn off my breakfast! I would stay here again as we felt safe and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tuckerton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Pulled into Parking lot thinking Holiday Inn Express may have at least 1 room available. No such luck, clerk had reluctantly suggested Smart suites right next door. Check in was quick ,easy. Room was located on 3rd fl. Elevator works. Upon entering room, heard another guest in hallway complaining about AC in room not working. Our room was warm, AC wasn't on but figured its warm will turn on and go out to dinner, room should be cooled off by time we return. "No such Luck" Blowing out warm air. Called front desk, clerk understanding, nice stated will call on site Mr. Fix-it will be at your room in 30 min- max. OK that's fine, 60 min ltr, still no response and I'm not happy paying $119.00, for this room. So I decided I'll go talk to clerk, on elevator ride to 1st floor, Met a woman on elevator who said "oh, haven't seen you before you new here" My 1st thought was, OMG, I,m in a Welfare Motel. I was horrified. Talked to Clerk, was advised he's busy, He should be at your room within an hour. (it's now 11:30 PM) I just drove 9 hrs , I'm tired and my patiences are running thin. Requested room change or refund. Changed room, advised room was on lower level and in smoking area, I'm not picky at this hour so I said fine. OMG, lower level is the worst, I thought what am I doing here. I have my 2 teenage sons with me. Cigerette smoke -stench, dogs barking(Pet-friendly)Long-term residents socialing in hallway. Once inside room, couldn't get in there fast enough, barricaded door with suitcases and movable furniture. had adjoining door to another room, which on several occasions heard handle moving, someone knocked on door. AC worked great in this room. Mattress was horrible had a gully in middle and had a stench. Spider webs with deadbugs stuck. Bathroom was ok, kind of puzzled why does vent/fan have plastic wrap covering? Didn't dare remove in fear of more spiders or critters would come flooding thru. Check out in morning, I complained and advised them of my dissatifaction with accomadations, Took off $50 from bill, should of charged 19.95 thats all it was worth. Or as my son's had suggested why don't we just sleep in car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kelly F
Malone, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here in July 2011 when my husband was a patient in the Burlington Hospital. Stayed for 4 nights; gave us a discounted rate because my husband was a patient at the hospital. Rooms very clean and spacious. Desk clerks were all very helpful and friendly. When I had to extend my stay for one day because my husband did not get released from hospital as soon as expected, staff was very accommodating. Great continental breakfast. Great location and very easy to get to from the hospital. Very good value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mlyn12953
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Booked because of the reviews on Tripadvisor/ A solid hit! A large room with a small, funtional kitchen. The workout area was well equipt. Breakfast was light but had good variety. The staff was friendly and tried to do whatever was needed to make the stay memorable. Location was great, out of the city but close to everything. Already planning to go back for a week next fall.

Room Tip: If staying for a week, ask about the suites on the hill. If you can do without the breakfast and br...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TransplantedBuckeye
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We are a family of 5 and we stayed for a period of 4 nights: first 3 nights then one additional night a week later after we were finished skiing. We stayed in a suite that would fit up to 6 people (and we had 5) which had a separate bedroom with two beds, plus a pull out couch in the LR. The room also had a small kitchenette. Both managers we talked with were very attentive and considerate. The area where continental breakfast was served is a lovely area with a fireplace and large windows so one can see outside. The last day that we stayed in this hotel, our flight did not leave until 7pm that night. The manager allowed us to stay until 4pm in our room at no charge so that we did not have to go sit at the airport. This allowed the kids to swim and do their homework until late afternoon. It is refreshing to experience hotel managers and staff that are sincere in wanting to please a patron. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you have more than 2 people.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Debora P
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was convenient to rt 89, clean, with spacious accommodations for 4, a free cot, and a very good breakfast. Plus it was quiet and service was very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebecca60745
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,258 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#6 of 11 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!