“if you go for the price and don't expect too much”
Review of Anchorage Inn

Anchorage Inn
Longueuil, Canada
“if you go for the price and don't expect too much”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed there cause I had to catch an early flight. It's a short drive from the airport, across the street from a mall with restaurants. Evening staff was helpful. WIFI does not work everywhere and efficiently. The bed was not confortable, there was problem with heating system so it was hot and dry...we woke up feeling we did not sleep or almost. They have a nice jacuzzi by the pool.

Pour un vol tôt, la location est bonne, en face d'un centre d'achats avec restaurants, à une courte distance de l'aéroport. Le personnel de soir était serviable. Le wifi n'est pas efficace, la connexion est souvent perdue. Le lit n'était pas confortable. Il y avait un problème avec le chauffage et la chambre est devenue sèche et chaude. Il y a un beau jacuzzi près de la piscine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Concord, Vermont
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My mom & I have stayed here before it was ok and the price was reasonable.. Thats why we booked another night.... Bad idea!!!!!!!!!!!
We went christmas shopping on Saturday December 1st 2012. (We also had my 5 month old daughter with us) We wanted to check into the room @ 2:00pm because we had a lot of gifts in the truck and no more room for anything else.. As we pulled in a lady came out of the hotel in her pj's with any unlit cigarette hanging out of her mouth... not a great 1st impression.. My mom tried to check in and the lady @ the front desk was rude and told us our room was not ready and we needed to come back at 4:00pm...
We later returned... my mom went in to check us in again and as we pulled up this time the was a very very drunk man stumbling all over the place. My mom went into the lobby and the drunk man came right up to the drive side of our truck, looked in the window @ me then walked off... This really was not a warm and cozy feeling for us!! When my mom returned to the truck she had said that the drunk man dont make her very comfortable. (and also that the lobby was not very clean)
We went out for dinner and decided that we were not comfortable staying there with my baby so we had to drive almost 2 hours home that night.
DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

South Shore
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been going there for a few years and even though it was OK at best in our opinion, we returned because of the price. Last year the toilet malfunctioned and this year we had a wide range of issues including them giving the same room and keys to two different parties as well as an early evacuation that had us walking through the smokey hallways in our sleepwear and outside in the cold. They also did not give us adjoining rooms as we had booked. When we expressed our dissatisfaction, Management simply gave excuses and offered no compensation or empathy for the many inconveniences they had caused.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane R
montreal
Reviewed December 2, 2012

On every black friday, 3 friends and I are renting rooms at the Anchorage Inn (we are from Montreal). We know this is not a 5 stars hotel but all we need is a room to sleep after shopping all day. This year, we were so disappointed with this inn that we decided to never go back...

At check in, there was a lady complaining that somebody entered her room (we figured out they gave the wrong key to another customer...).

When we tried our key in our own room, we couldnt enter. In fact, we found out that there was already somebody in our room! We were disapointed because we asked for a communicating room with our friend's and would not have it. The staff accomodated us with another room which was right in front of our friend's. I did not remember last year but the pillows were really small and flat.

Next morning we asked to get the room communicating with our friend's and got it. We noticed a dark brown stain (blood... ?) on the top comforter. It was late, we were tired and decided to sleep and talk about it next morning.

The next morning, while having breakfast, a fire alarm started! Everybody evacuated and we could smell something was burning. We waited for a while in the cold and finally left since we saw it was going to be long. We came back after 1 hour and were able to re-enter our room. The check out was only extended of 1 hour (I think we were out for 2hours).

When we checked out, we got no excuses about the fire alarm! Not even a word about it!

We asked Neil (the assistant manager) for a discount because of all the troubles we had (the key, the fire alarm, the cleanliness of the room). He told us he did not have the 'power' to give any discount.

We asked for the manager : no manager was there.

We asked for the manager name : couldnt give us any name!

He said he was going to transfer our request to the manager and we would get some news in 1 week or 2!

I waited 1 week and decided to call back. I spoke directly with the general manager (Shanna) and explained her our situation.

She said that on the fire alarm day :
- she was there all day long.
- she never got our request.
- Neil was able to give us a discount if he needed to.
- Clients would not have any excuses for keeping people in security (she is right, everybody got out safe but I hoped for a "sorry for the inconvenient").
- if we complained on the day or the next day, they could have done something (we did but were told to wait for 1 week or 2).
- About the comforter : we could have asked another one.
- About the room key : everybody makes mistakes.
- Her name was on business cards at the front desk (didnt see it and Neil did not talked about it when we asked for the name of the manager).

I found the general manager really rude while trying to explain my point. I told her politely that we would not go back and she hanged up...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Anchorage on 11/16 thru 11/18 and I can honestly say that the place was just fine... nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. I did NOT see any mold, mildew, bugs, or have any bad odors or stains in MY room. My linens and towels were spotless. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and my room was cleaned everyday . I did NOT experience any noisy, biligerent guests nor did I see any "riff-raff' hanging around....and I stayed there during a weekend !!!! The breakfast was basic, but suited my needs---- it had pastries, fruit, cereal, milk, assorted yogurts, coffee, tea, juice.... What more do you expect from a budget hotel ???
The only complaints I have is that the bathroom needs enlarging and an update, and my TV was an old-fashioned one and the color was a bit off, tint-wise-- but the remote worked just fine and had all of the cable channels...( but I don't really watch tv much anyway)...also the room could have benefitted from a mini fridge and small microwave I heard the place is under new managment, so maybe they will be added in the near future.

I would stay here again... I give it a 7 or 8 out of 10....

Kathy Y.

Room Tip: Request to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellerHouston_TX
Thornbury, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I arrived in South Burlington at a very busy time and quite late, without a reservation, and the folks at Anchorage did provide me with a room. Unfortunately, I had to vacate the room at 2:00 a.m. to escape the noise coming from the room next door. The drunken guests in that room arrived back at the hotel and showed no consideration for other guests as evidenced by the noise and disturbances they generated. As parts of their easily overheard conversation revolved around guns and drugs, I decided to vacate immediately without risking asking the night clerk to intercede.
I spent the rest of the night at an all-night restaurant.
I did notify the general manager by email about what happened, but I have not received the courtesy of even an acknowledgement of my information, although the night clerk gave me her card and suggested I let her know what had transpired.
The room itself was on the lower level, and of minimal quality...but I was desperate and needed accommodation.
I would not stay there again, nor could I recommend it to anyone....but the town of Burlington VT is beautiful and deserves a return visit.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shanna S, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would first and foremost like to start by saying thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your stay. I am very sorry that your stay, by no faults ours, was cut so short. I can understand the frustration you must have felt. I would like to let you know, I did not receive any e-mail from you. I have spent much time today going through my inbox to see if it was over looked. I can assure you, had I received your email, I would not have only contacted you directly, but the police department as well. If you would like to call the hotel directly, and ask to speak with me, I will be happy to discuss this issue with you. I am sorry that we are, just now, finding out about a situation that the hotel would have liked to know sooner about so we could take swift action to remove any discomfort you had experienced. Please, do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time. Again, I thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn. I do hope you would give us another chance in the future.
Acton, MA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This place is run by really nutty people - stay away from this place.
We cancelled reservations once because of illness and had done the cancellation before their deadline which was before noon the day before arrival. A week later we make reservations through Orbitz and when we show up they would not check us in!!! We were listed as "Do Not Rent To"! After a long day we had to go shop around for a place to spend the night. What they did is illegal and we plan to rep or them to the Vermont Better Business Bureau and the Vermont Visitors Office.

Room Tip: Please do not go there! All the reviews say they have bugs in the beds also.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nahid04
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!