“Disgusting.”

Anchorage Inn
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Disgusting.”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was expecting an older, yet clean hotel. I got a filthy, smelly room in a basement with broken everything and bugs all over the place... dead and alive. There was a tear in the window screen, like someone had tried to break in, the drop ceiling had water stains all over it, and the carpet was so vile I thought I might get sick if I stayed in the room any longer than I did. The beds were sagging and the comforters had stains on them as well. It took me about 2 minutes to discover all of this, and I was on the phone with another hotel making reservations. I didn't get my money back, of course, even though this place should be shut down by the board of health.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value your health.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Lindsay A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Palm, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Didn't spend alot of time in the room. After getting into town late, we really didn't want to look at anymore rooms, and settled on the Anchorage. The front desk was nice enough, but the hotel smells like it has been smoked in for many years. Water didn't drain very well in the tub. Building could stand some renovations. Basic breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob J
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The hotel looked nice from outside and is in a prime location but is full of problems: Bathroom sink clogged, fleas in bed, filthy mattress, and cigarette burns on chairs and blankets. Reception desk messed up our reservation and we were forced to stay in a "student room" instead of a regular double. After we found fleas while lying in bed, we were treated rudely by reception and had to move our things to another room. Too many problems during a short stay. I would recommend staying elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Ultravi

Travelers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Danville
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a cancelled flight and they did not have the courtesy to waive the charges for the room. I called to discuss this with someone and the service I received from the front desk manager Allison was possibly the worst experiance I have ever had with a hotel; she was rude, demeaning and completely unwilling to be of assistnce. The rates they charge guests to stay in their dilapidated establishment should at least come with good customer service.

Room Tip: DO not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric B
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed on a very busy weekend the rooms are a nice size the front desk was very helpful actually met both managers at check in and both were delightful. They were willing to accommodate with the few problems that I encountered nothing big I needed a hair dryer extra pillows and towels rooms was clean. I have read previous reviews and yes the housekeepers were working when I checked in and the hall had dirty laundry but i at least knew my room was clean. You do get what you pay for ..... Great price for great service

• Stayed September 2011
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have been staying here for thirty years. It has slowly gone downhill. The last stay will literally be my last stay. I checked in at around 5:30 -6:00 PM. The halls were littered with dirty bed linens and towels. Everywhere. House cleaning had apparently stripped the sheets and piled them in the halls, but not picked them up. Dirty too.
My room was not good. I had to change from one room to another because the first was so poor. The second had a broken outlet so the television plug did not stay in. The cell phone would not charge. The light in the shower / bathroom was broken.
People were smoking and drinking right outside the side door to the rooms.

Room Tip: I looked at three rooms, one on each floor. The top floor was the best, but still not good.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank James S
gatineau
Reviewed September 5, 2011

i stayed there september 3rd.

there was no hotels that has rooms availlable for this labor day weekend in burlington except the anchorage inn. when i arrived, iv seen the outside of the hotel,seems okay.they got a small check-in counter that show a lot of wear. so, when i walked to my room(3rd floor) i been scared.the carpets looked very old,and the baseboards was removed from the bottom of the walls. but the room looks good. its not the hilton but it was very clean.this hotel shows its age but its not that bad. comfy bed,bad pillows(i always bring mine anyway). they got a great indoor pool. unfortunately the hot tub was out of order. the breakfast aera is not very good,cereals n donuts,thats it. so if youre gonna stay there,just bring your pillow and plan to have a breakfast at a restaurant.

staff is great and helpful

i do recommend this hotel to somebody who wants a not expensive room,and is ready to live with some little flaws

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chainsman1
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!