“No Amenities”
Review of Ho Hum Motel

Ho Hum Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Burlington
Ho Hum Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Clarence, NY
“No Amenities”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The positives: very friendly staff; clean rooms. Negatives: absolutely no amenities...no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no fridge, no complimentary continental breakfast. My husband and I stayed here during the NSRA car show at the fairgrounds and the rate was jacked up ($125 for Thurs. $140 for Fri and Sat). But all area accommodations really overcharge that weekend. It is still way too expensive for what you get! (in regard to other reviews, there are two Ho Hum motels....the other one is not too far and is older...we had two other couples in our party and all our rooms were clean)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank h0tr0dders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Paid 88 dollars. No air con and paint peeling from door. Smell of weed from office had me floating out of the door. Desperate and had no choice but to spend the night. Goes down as the worst place to stay so far..

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank X_marks_the_scott

Travelers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My 2 friends and I got a room with two full size beds for the night because we were going to a concert at the Higher Ground. We were very pleased with the price, as it was the lowest in the area, but also because they didn't charge for how many people we had! A room for 2 was much less expensive than a room for one anywhere else. No noise from guests, although there is an airport close by, but that never effected our stay. Free wifi, close to everything in town, no smoking (which was a plus in my book). The room was very clean, the staff was pleasant, and I felt very comfortable! The only bad thing I found with our room is that the drain in the shower wouldn't stay completely open, so the water didn't drain completely while showering. Nothing major! Thanks Ho Hum Motel!

Room Tip: I recommend getting a room in the building across from the main office; it's newer!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maffewwww
Bisbee, Arizona
Reviewed August 21, 2011

For the amount we spent on a "two bedroom suite" we didn't get much and the place is sorta run down and almost shabby. At least on the outside. They should take some of the extra money they make and spend it on more soap, (2 tiny bars and one already used in the shower!) maybe some little complimentary shampoos, etc. better towels and paint on the rusted base board heaters. Oh and they could replace the rusted coffee cans they use for ash trays outside of the rooms. Wifi was very iffy as well. The manager did try to help me correct it and came to my room smoking a cigarette which i thought was kind of strange. The location was ideal for the airport but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sleepydog
Calgary
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I needed a place fairly close to shopping in case I couldn't fix my motorcycle and needed parts and supplies. I just came upon it coming from Walmart and asked for a room and price. I was quoted a price just under a hundred dollars plus tax. I asked if this was normal for the area and was told that it was and it was the weekend so prices were higher. Hey it was clean the staff was friendly. It is a little aged and could use a spruce up. I thought $70.00 would be more resonable for what it is.Overall it was an average Mom & Pop.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was not the most impressive place to stay. We were in Burlington for my father-in-law's hip surgery during Jazz Festival weekend. Our mistakes was not looking for rooms in advance! We arranged a room for Thursday evening, but couldn't find one for Friday. We finally found one at the Ho Hum Motel. The staff was very pleasant, however, that cannot possibly make up for their wretched accomadations. To begin with, I had booked 3 rooms each with one queen bed, or so I was told. Once checked in- we realized we had three rooms with one full size bed each to split amoung 6 adults, some of whom are fairly large people. Once speaking to the woman at the office, 2 of our rooms were moved so that we had queen sized beds. However....two of us were moved to a room without AC (upper 80 degree temperatures) and two of us were moved to a room that smelled like a combination of Lysol and doggie diarhea. NO THANKS. Once again, the woman at the office was very pleasant and moved us to a 2 room Suite with 2 queen sized beds, which the four of us shared. One room was refunded all together (becuz we werent using it) and we were given an $11 discount on the suite I paid for. Let's add to this some uninvited guests...the ants in the bed. We found a few ants in each bed, killed them off to the best of our ability and slept miserably on lumpy rocks disguised as mattresses with pillows flatter than Fred Flintstone's feet! The ouside of the place looks decent, but don't be fooled. Aside from the ants, the room appeared clean. The staff was pleasant enough and apologetic, but that won't make up for the miserable accomadations. DO NOT STAY HERE! We sure won't make that mistake twice.

Room Tip: Won't Return
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank vbarse86
burlington
Reviewed February 2, 2011

The hotel was clean, pleasant, and right priced. The front desk lady was very accommodating, and the rooms were clean and nice sized. Would definitely stay here again! Thanks Ho-Hum!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amez3515
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Ho Hum Motel? Share your experiences!