“Not the place for a large group to go to!”
Review of Vermont SportsGrill - CLOSED

Vermont SportsGrill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We called ahead and told them we were coming the day before. Table of 14 and one waiter. They lost money because the waiter also had other tables and wasn't coming back to get people a second drink. The check was around $375.00 and that included the mandatory 18% tip which I would consider robbery given the slowness of service.
I ordered the seafood soup which was good but the Lobster Casserole for $22.98 was a joke. The lobster claw and meat was as good as shoe leather and it was put on top of mac and cheese. My friend ordered the burger with cheddar cheese and it arrived with something else and they took it back and it was obvious they took it off and slapped the right cheese on but didn't bother to melt it on.
Definitely will never be on my list of places to go again.
My Bill: two draft beers, lobster casserole and upgrade to a bowl of seafood soup from cup,plus tip - $41.00

1  Thank D P M

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Eating is one of those daily tasks that can at times be boring, but really shouldn't be. Eating also serves many of us as a wonderful time for friendly and familial interactions. Eating may also serve to lift one's spirit, especially when the food is well-prepared and served in a pleasant environment. If you are looking for the right place to dine where all of these qualities exist, then you need to visit the Vermont Sports Grill, a.k.a. the Grill.

I have established a personal, minimum visit quota of once a month for the Grill. However, the Grill is always on the top of my list whenever I am moved to eat away from home. The diversity of the menu easily allows me to enjoy a different choice each time. The selection of 10-12 Mac-n-Cheese recipes is awesome any day of the week. On "all-you-can-eat" Tuesdays, I can gorge myself with the incredible, full-size, chicken wings basted with my favorite sauces. Depending on the day, I can choose barbecue, mild, moderate, fiery, or scalding sauce. I also like that after my initial order of twelve wings I can request six wings with a new sauce. The break between servings provides me enough time to cleanse my palate and prepare for the next round of delight. Finally, I have to mention the amazing burgers and sandwiches that are made at the Grill. For you carnivores looking for a treat, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Wait!! I almost forgot, the Grill also provides its guests with a free bowl of soup for most of the entre meals on the menu. I personally like the chicken and biscuit one, but be adventurous and try them all. Again, I am convinced that you will not be disappointed.

In my opinion, Vermont Sports Grill is one of the best restaurants in Chittenden County. As a patron, I encourage you to visit and support this family owned enterprise. Come in and enjoy the food, the sports TV and the amicable staff. I guarantee that you will leave satisfied and that you will want to visit again and again as I do.

Your friendly Vermonter,
Alan

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We visited with a large group. The server struggled handling the large group. She was trying hard but needed help. The food was good and plentiful. I'd didn't hear any issues from anyone in the party. The prices were very reasonable for the amount of food. The atmosphere was fun sports themed with TVs everywhere. The only problem is that they were all on the same channel.

I'd say this is a solid choice!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dropped in for dinner just after Christmas mainly because it was the nearest restaurant to my son's condo and it had snowed about 13 inches overnight. People seemed friendly, service was decent and the food made up in quantity what it lacked in quality. Heck, it's a sports bar so it met my expectations. The one exception to the "average" assessment was the onion and ale soup, which was outstanding! The baked pasta with sausage was overwhelming in size and this carb extravaganza was served with more carbs as sides. Did have good beer!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the wings to the chicken pot pie soup to the many different types of Mac and cheese and everything in between. It's all awesome. Best flavors of wings ever. Nice roomy booths or tables. Plenty of televisions. Great staff and atmosphere. Full service bar. Ample parking and great location.