“Good food; a bit pricey; awesome service”

Windjammer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windjammer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorset
Reviewed August 31, 2018

We came in at dinner time and wound up more or less accidentally in the downstairs (higher priced) restaurant. Our awesome waiter found us menus from upstairs, so we were able to order both a burger AND a higher-priced ravioli dish. All were very good. Dinner includes a salad bar and fresh bread.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I am from out of town and was visiting someone at the UVM Medical Center, not far from the restaurant. The past few days had been stressful and so our family met for dinner at the Windjammer.
We ordered the salad bar as it looked appetizing with lots of possibilities for everyone.
I was hungry and helped myself to two servings. The food looked and tasted fresh, was attractively presented and was reasonably priced.
Our server was prompt in greeting us and was attentive throughout the meal (despite us being salad bar customers!)
The restaurant seemed surprisingly dark inside (despite the Windjammer name - suggesting blue skies, sun and sailing).
All in all, the Windjammer was a pleasant refuge from the hospital and I hope to return in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is one of our go to Restaurants in Burlington. The salad bar is very well stocked with a great variety of foods to choose from. Service was very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Went with my son after moving him back into college. The restaurant was full with lots of activity. I ordered the St Jacques scallops and my son the broiled salmon. Dinner price does include the salad bar which was very fresh along with the fresh baked bread. Dinner however was a little disappointing. For the cost, my scallops were lacking in flavor with only a small number on the dish. I did try the salmon which had nice flavor but seemed a little dry. If I were to return I would probably go with something different.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

the Burger was outstanding. Juicy, tender, cooked to order. The athmosphere is relaxed, the staff nice, friendly and professional. Huge beer selection.