“Very good meal”

Windjammer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windjammer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorset
vermont
“Very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Part of the Best Western Inn.. Very good food, comfortable and quiet seating, and excellent service. great salad bar. Also try the "Upper Deck" sports bar just above the restaurant for good pub food.

Visited August 2013

Home
“Windjammer Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We live locally and were looking forward to using a gift certificate we had received for the Windjammer Restaurant. We have been there before, but not for several years, but know that it has (had?) a fairly good local reputation. We arrived a few minutes before 5 and the staff seemed annoyed that we arrived before they started to serve dinner at 5. I noticed the restaurant's 4 circle/very good Trip Advisor certificate on the wall. We were finally seated and were unpleasantly surprised; we felt that the menu was very overpriced & there was not anything "basic" for our teenagers on the menu to order (they just wanted a burger without the infused seasonings and sauces!). But since we had a gift certificate...we went ahead and ordered. The salad boat was amply stocked with the basics, but nothing outstanding in my view - and I lost my appetite for it when I saw all the dirty food handling gloves, along with the additional boxes of food service gloves out on the salad bar and the table behind it, coupled with the loaves of uncut bread...although there was a lovely yellow napkin wrapping the bread, guess how many children's and people's hands were manhandling all the loaves cutting pieces without using the napkins? Everyone in front of me! No thanks..! Can't you put the bread out pre-cut??? When our food arrived my husband's scallops looked underdone and were rubbery, my salmon was actually cold in the center and inedible (I did not eat it), my daughter's hamburger still came with all the bells and whistles that she had asked to be left off, and my son was somewhat happy with his chicken. For the price, the salad bar experience, and the quality of the food, we would not go back - dinner for four (one beer) was over $100. Not worth it at all - how disappointing, and I'm not what you would call a picky eater or restaurant basher - like, I was fine and perfectly happy with the cafeteria food in the unbelievably crowded cafeteria of Yosemite Valley! I'm really sad not to be adding an excellent rating here for the Windjammer Restaurant.

Winsted, Connecticut
“A decent meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We chose this restaurant because we were staying at the Windjammer Best Western, and we were too tired to deal with going into Burlington. It was very comfortable and the service was very good. The food was OK. If we had to do it all over again, we would probably just order the salad bar for dinner to save money. There was a really good selection, including a variety of cheeses, and it would have been a good option for us. If you just want something easy and relaxing, this would be a good choice.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC
“Good fairly-priced food, comfortable atmosphere and good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ate in the pub and didn't expect too much from this place, but it actually delivered and exceeded our expectations. Food were good, flavorful and priced fairly (actually on the cheap side). Particularly enjoyed the trout and the dessert trio. The service (the check says Hillary) was excellent: friendly, approachable, professional and efficient. The place is mostly wood- homely and comfortable, I can imagine it being great when it's cold outside.

• Visited August 2013
Montreal
“Boatsalad afordable and fullfilling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The boatsalad won some prizes, and it deserves it. Try it combine with a clamshowder and you will pay approximately 12 $ for a diner with greens and fresh ingredients. Pardon my english, I'm francophone.

Visited August 2013