“Setting High Standards For Decades”

Windjammer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windjammer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dorset
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Setting High Standards For Decades”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This fine establishment was my first employer in the food and beverage service industry. They were the first of many and all others have fallen short of their high standards and longevity. As a young man with no experience I was quickly trained and promoted finding it easy to succeed and take pride in my work. There was a system in place and it worked for me and it seems it has continued to work in much the same way for many years. The facility has ample space and is well maintained. The consistent quality of the food is reassuring and the Windjammer is an extremely comfortable place where one can relax and be assured of an enjoyable experience. I consider the salad bar (the boat) to be it's best feature, but the hand cut steaks and fresh seafood are some of the best in the area at any price. The Windjammer is reasonably priced and never a disappointment and they can handle any size group. Usually a couple can find a quiet booth for two even if there are large parties dinning at the same time and the Upper Deck Pub offers another wide variety of accommodation. The Windjammer is a success because it consistently meets peoples needs for any occasion, it sets the standards all other should hope to achieve.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ED C

Burlington, Vermont
“A Long Time Favorite!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Windjammer is great because it provides excellent value for "date night" or "family night"! I've been there with friends, for business, and when my grandchild was visiting. Each occasion I experienced excellent food (the best steaks in town), an amazing salad bar, and an incredible wine list.....all at a very reasonable price. You can't lose at the Windjammer! I've been going at least 25 years and I don't imagine I'll stop!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank G_Amori
Orange County, California
“Don't miss the (salad) boat!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting for a show at Higher Ground and staying at the Best Western next door. So, we stopped into the Windjammer's pub pre-dinner for a couple drinks and appetizers to hold us over. We ordered the chips and salsa (very good salsa) and Wood Chips. I'd skip the Wood Chips next time ... while the cheese on top was tasty, they definitely live up to their dry, wood-y name.

We returned for dinner around 6ish and were told the dining room was booked until 8. But, after a last-minute cancellation, we were able to be seated within minutes. The salad boat comes with each entree and it is NOT to be missed! Filled with everything you could imagine on a salad, it has to be a reason why they do such good business. Everything was fresh and refilled promptly.

Our entree, which we split, was ravioli in asparagus sauce and it was delish.

We commend the Windjammer on friendly, fun, delicious and professional service and food! Very much looking forward to returning soon.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Arae81
Vermont
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I are regulars here. Food is always cooked perfect, great selection, and an amazing salad bar. You won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank joycekul
Goshen, New York
“Best Western's hidden secrets”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The restaurant offers very good food , though not inexpensive, and a salad bar with entrees. The steaks were the best I've had in Burlington and seemed size-appropriate. We had a fillet, salmon (very large piece), seafood combo and a prime rib. All come with the salad bar and rice or a large baked potato. The fruit crisps (apple and raspberries) with ice cream was very good. Service was so-so (never came to ask about refilling water glasses). Salad bar people were friendly and helpful, especially the fellow from Moldavia. It's a very busy place but well worth a visit.

Visited January 2013