Travelodge South Burlington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Smart Suites Burlington(South Burlington)
G.G.T. Tibet Inn(Burlington)
View Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsolive gardennew carpetingroom was cleanwafflesmini fridgefree hot breakfastwould stay againsized bedshelburne museumnice stayeasy accessfront desk staffstaff was friendlyoutdoor poolconvenient locationtracyburlington
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Other reviewers speak of the motor court traditions and, yes, this motel would look in place in the 1950s. They're doing some things to modernize (bathroom, piece by piece), but it still looks tired. And our room needed maintenance: - rust on the toilet plumbing, old toilet seat, blemishes painted over, broken door frame. The bed was comfortable, and service at the front desk was pleasant. Much too expensive, but all So. Burlington motels with easy access to the airport seem overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy G, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Travelodge of South Burlington, VT. Since your stay with us, we have put in the new door frame, a new toilet seat, and fixed the plumbing concerns. We react quickly to details that are brought to our attention, and are more than willing to remedy any situation as it is brought to our attention. We thank you for your feedback, and always are taking all comments/concerns into consideration to make our hotel the best possible choice for travelers in the Burlington, VT area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a tired old building that was designed by someone who may or may not have been an architect. Whoever did the plumbing did not do a good job so when my neighbors took a shower the pipes would do a staccato banging noise loud enough to wake a hibernating bear. The same thing happened when I took a shower. The walls are paper thin so unless you have considerate neighbors you may be woken up by their movements. The wifi is terribly slow and flakey. The breakfast was horrible.
The staff are good folks; it's the owners fault the hotel is sub-par.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I apologize that you weren't satisfied with your stay at the Travelodge in South Burlington, VT. We strive to make all of our guests' stays clean, comfortable, and to give them the best possible customer service. Our free, hot continental breakfast is one of the highlights of the hotel that our guests enjoy most. We offer something for everyone. We have done alot of work to this property over the last year or so, and still continue to improve. We hope you'll give us another chance to serve you better in future stays.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Tracy G, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I don't have any complaint about the Travelodge in South Burlington.

The motel is a grand old lady in the finest of motor court traditions. I could pull up right to my room, unload the car and settle in.

The room was super clean, I suspect that the two cleaners I saw were family members of the motel owner and they do a job above and beyond what most chambers maids would do.

The room was fully equipped with a mini fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, an iron and blow dryer. Plenty of towels, toilet paper, pens, paper etc. There was even a little table that two could eat at if they wanted to save a few bucks and do some grocery shopping at the nearby supermarkets.

The air conditioning worked well for a hot day in July and everything else in the room was functional. The bathroom was in great shape and was obviously recently remodeled.
As well the carpeting was also recently replaced.

The bed was a bit of a wobbly bouncer but if you're young at heart this can be an asset.
I had a great night's sleep, by 11:00 pm there was nothing but tranquility which is something I highly value whenever I travel.

I got up late and made my way to the free breakfast expecting only crumbs and a leftover muffin. To my surprise I found a full breakfast buffet ready to go that I shared with a couple of other late birds. Hot eggs, fresh made waffles, fresh coffee, fruit juice, bagels, english muffins, cream cheese, cereal and more. This was all included in the very reasonably priced stay.

So I will repeat; I don't have any complaint about the Travelodge in South Burlington.

My complaint is with the official Travelodge web site.
My complaint is that they list this fine old motor court inn as a hotel.

It's not a hotel, it is a motel or more properly a motor court inn.
Ain't nothing wrong with a motor court inn if that's what you think you are buying.
I thought I was buying a room in a hotel.
That's what Travelodge calls this motel on their official web site.

The listing for this motel on the official Travelodge web site calls it a hotel no less then 4 times.
When I got to the hotel, surprise! It was a motel.

So please Travelodge change the listing for this great old motor court inn and call it what it really is, a motel and we all know there ain't nothing wrong with a motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dirk l
Tracy G, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Travelodge in South Burlington, VT. We are always glad to hear such great feedback from our satisfied guests. I am glad to hear that you thought our rooms were clean, quiet and of the best value possible. It's great that you were able to catch our free, hot continental breakfast that we serve every morning, and that you found the choices we offer to be plentiful. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you visit the Burlington, VT area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everything about this place was average. Our room was clean, and quiet. The place seems to have been recently renovated, and while it could have been done better, it was okay. Carpeting always creeps me out in a hotel, but at least it looked new. If you just need a place to sleep for the night, this will do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Travelodge in South Burlington, VT. We have recently upgraded our rooms in the past year or so, with new carpeting, bathrooms re-done in granite surroundings, and new fixtures, so it is good to hear that you found your stay with us clean and comfortable. We are always looking for feedback from our guests, so as to accomodate them and to make their stay of the best value possible. You have been a valued guest at our property, and we hope to see you again soon!