“Not bad for the money”

Travelodge South Burlington
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room was nice enough and clean. The biggest problem was no heat in the bathroom. In order to get heat in there, youhad to leave the door open and crank up the heat in the room. Other than that, it was a preety decent place. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Stephen C
Tracy G, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to review our property! We enjoyed having you stay with us, and we are glad that you enjoyed our free hot continental breakfast. We strive to give all of our customers the best possible customer service, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thankyou for your feedback!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great value, great location....great service and great breakfast. We own a timeshare and stay at many high end resorts. Frankly for the price, the service..very friendly and courteous.. Our room was exceptionally clean....the breakfast...cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, fruit, donuts, coffee, juice. The location was 5 mins. from downtown Burlington, UVM, 2 mis from rt 89,,,about 25 mins to Stowe. Many restaurants nearby..along with Magic Hat Brewery..definitely would stay again. ..free wifi

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula D
Peter P, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Good morning, Thank you for your review for the Travelodge S.Burlington, Vt. We strive to make all of ours guest stays enjoyable. We continue to make improvements to our hotel and provide a great value for our guests. Please try us again, and call us directly to make your hotel travel plans at the Travelodge in South Burlington, VT. Have a great 2013!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The price was excellent and the location at US 7 and I-189 convenient.
Had a three night stay reservation. VTDOT decided to repave US 7 in front of the hotel over night from 7 PM to 6AM. That asphalt roller equipment created a rumble you could feel in the bed....ruined Friday night's sleep. Management assured me no work on Sat or Sun night. I stayed. Well VTDOT lied to them. Sat. they returned to pave more lanes. At 10:00 pm I bailed to a Day's Inn 2 mi. south.
Management refunded my money for Sat. and Sun. I was prepared to sacrifice it. Management was very good to me on something over which they could not control. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter P, Front Office Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to get the chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

After reading several reviews about this hotel, I was a bit nervous about staying there; however, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in the process of renovating, and the room was very clean and pleasant. The staff was very courteous and accommodating, and the room was quiet despite being situated near a main highway. I think that some of the other reviewers of this hotel were expecting 4- or 5-star service out of this hotel, and that is unfair; Travelodge is designed to accommodate the budget-conscious traveler who wants a safe, clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price. I work at a 5-star hotel that is owned by the same company as Travelodge, so I know what to expect from each brand. Obviously, if you are on your honeymoon or need a hotel for another special occasion, you might want to spend more, but if you're just passing through town and want a comfortable, clean place to stay, this hotel more than fits the bill.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rome Wingate W
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Last year I stayed in that hotel and I liked. The price, the location and the breakfast was really good. This year we came back and were concerned if it was the same, since its name had changed. Wow! Good surprise. The new owners are renovating all rooms and we got a brand new one. Much more comfortable, super clean, with no trace of mould. The price remained the same as last year's and the breakfast was even better.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are really good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ana S
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading the reviews for this motel, I was very nervous about staying there. I was very surprised. The room was spacious and everything was very clean. It was a little pricey I thought but compared to other motels in that area it is a bargain. The staff was very nice and friendly. The breast was good and it had a very nice breakfast area. I can not think of a single bad thing to say about it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCarrollConcord_NC
Peter P, General Manager at Travelodge South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We always strive to give our customers the best possible customer service and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Where do we begin. Our son entered into his first day of college and we needed a room for the night so that we could check him into school early on Friday morning, we called every hotel, motel and Inn for 30 miles and this was the only one with a room opening for the night, that should have been a sign right there.We stayed in this flee-bag of a hotel on Thursday August 23rd for one night, and that was one night to many. When we arrived the front desk clerk said he would discount our room because our lock on the door didnt work and they were having a problem with the software on this rooms door lock, and the door was open a bit so that we could get into the room without a key, the door would lock from the inside he stated. Well, while we were walking to our room, we noticed most every door that was un-occupied was like that as well, so none of the locks on the doors were working.
We rented two rooms for the night, when we walked into the room, it was a very large room, that was the only positive. The refrigerator didnt work, the back window was broken and a big piece missing, the mattress and boxspring were simply SITTING ON THE FLOOR. The curtains did not close and we were forced to pin them shut, the entire room must have just been painted by a 2 year old because there was paint splatter everywhere, you could not even see yourself in the mirror because of all of the paint on it, carpets were covered with paint splatter as well. We put up with all of the cosmetic things and came to realize that it was the only hotel within 30 miles that had a room and it will have to do, well , if that was the only thing we had to settle for, we would have done it. HOWEVER, when my wife woke up in the morning she had no hot water for the shower, she started the shower and had hot wter for 30 seconds at the most and then the pipes started to vibrate and shake vilolently and then the hot water stopped, we called down to our son who said that his room did not have any either. We called down to the front desk and the man that was at the front desk said that he would have housekeeping look into it and that he was sorry and would adjust the room cost for us, and only charge us for one room instead of two. As this did ease the pain a little, a clean bed and a hot shower is all that we were lookintg for for the night and we did not get either. As we were getting ready to go, a girl came in and turned the water on in our room to check it and said that it was fine, she turned it on for 30 seconds and that is all, we got hot water for 30 seconds as well. She literally told us we were lying. We went down to the front desk to get out adjustment to the room cost and the same girl (Karen I believe) was attending to the front desk and she told us that we would not recieve any adjustment and that there was plenty of hot water, then she continued to insult us, saying we were lying and that I was a big tough guy and I wasnt getting anything. This girl was the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life, she may have been 25 years old at the most and she was un-professional and very rough without a bit of compassion for the customer. I believe she would have started throwing punches if I had stayed in the office, instead I told her that I would handle it my way, and again she called me names and said that I was a big bruiser. This girl was obviously the day manager. I wouldnt let her work a day for my business let alone manage the place.
If this is the last place to stay within 1000 miles of where you are heading, don't do it, sleep under your car, it will be cleaner and you will at least get what you expect. THis place is not worth a staying in for free. I am stil scratching. Nasty review? Well yes it is and that is exactly what I recieved in this flee-bag.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MandSBeats
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington
Days Inn Shelburne/burlington

Been to Travelodge South Burlington? Share your experiences!