“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Texas
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. Booked for first time with Priceline and ended up with a smoking room as you can't specify I found out and hotel tried to give me a non smoking but with colleges graduating this weekend, they were sold out. They did give me a free upgrade to a king bed suite room and was very nice. Smoke smell wasn't too bad and extra large room was good. Rooms were well kept and clean. Only complaint was the restaurant was sold out (mothers day) and could not get breakfast in the hotel we were staying in. Had to go just down the road to IHOP. Seems like their guests should have some priority, but guess, they have to do this at times. Wasn't angry about it, but still think their guests should have some priority.
The hotel is two floors and it is huge in length. If I go back to Vermont, I would definately stay here again. Beds were super comfortable. Flat screen TVs were in room with free wireless or wired internet. All fitness machines have TV on them. Pool was indoors and had strong smell of Chlorine or Chloramines which means it needs some attention. I didn't swim in it. Kids were in spa playing also, so stayed away from it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Arrived with guaranteed late arrival and the hotel booking system had our reservation in the wrong month though my itinerary was correct. Only room offered was a tiny double that was nowhere near large enough for two people. Difference in price between room reserved and given was negligible. Almost would've wanted the VERY kind clerk to check other properties for availability if this was all we could get there. Went to the in-house restaurant for dinner and the smell of not-quite-fresh fish was so overpowering that we needed to leave the dining room and order room service for much more $$. This wasn't a normal fish cooking smell, it was rank and reached all the way into the lobby.

We travel on business a lot, and know that sometimes things just happen, but the straw for us in this Doubletree was the complete lack of parking anywhere near our entrance door due to a large meeting taking place that evening (the lot was almost empty in the morning). Think that this facility tries to do too much at once and misses on most counts.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank martharoy
JonAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
We sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our team always strives to make every guests stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Although the incorrect dates of your stay were sent to us electronically, I am delighted that we were still able to accommodate your reserved room type upon your arrival.

We always invite our guests to share their experiences with us, and our entire hotel team is empowered to handle any guest concerns. I am sorry that these issues were not brought to our attention during your stay so we could address your concerns immediately. I personally look forward to welcoming you to our property in the near future and I invite you to contact me prior to your visit to make arrangements.
Quebec
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We had gotten this hotel through price line for $64 a night for 3 nights. When we arrived they only had a room with 2 doubles, but offer us to move the for the next 2 nights and did this with no snags and offers of help to move us. The pool and gym were great! Customer service was 5 *! They phoned about an hour after we arrived to see if we needed anything. Also my husband forgot his wallet in the room the last day. We phoned and they found it and gave if back with smiles. Great Service! We didn`t try the restaurant, so we are not able to say anything. Would recommend this hotel for sure. The only thing that would make it better was breakfast being included.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I wasn't too impressed with this Doubletree when I first checked in... It looked like a glamourized motel - only two stories and in a big square "O" shape, meaning looong walks from the lobby, the restaurant, business center etc. at the bottom of the "O" if your room was at the top of the "O". I was lucky in that I had requested a room that had easy access so I was only a few doors from the lobby. But I realized how it sprawled when I had to go almost to the other end of the hotel to get some ice. Whew! Quite a walk!

However, all that melted away when I got in bed. What a WONDERFUL bed and sleep I had! They use these extraordinary linens and these wonderful (Serta) beds that have these huge pouffed up mattress pads and lots of wonderful feather pillows. I did not - repeat DID NOT - want to get out of bed! EVER! And could hardly wait to get into again when I came in! I use 600 thread count sheets at home but somehow these felt even better! The maid showed me how they made the bed (they don't use duvet covers, but wrap a flat sheet over top and tuck under the top sheet fold meaning they actually use two flat sheets and one fitted) and they tuck the whole thing in at the bottom of the bed. She said that what I was in love with was the overstuffed mattress cover. They evidently get numerous comments on it as they have a brochure/card that explains how to purchase any item in the room. I had never had any use for those mattress toppers before but I am certainly going to look into it now. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The staff was very pleasant and as helpful as can be but I found the room (a double double) rather cramped. And the bathroom was separated in that the sink and marble topped counter with a very small fridge underneath was immediately on your right as you walked in and the bath and toilet across the entranceway. The door to the bath/toilet was programmed to always close so you were closeted in this very small room for baths/showers and bodily function usage. Not the best for someone who is sort of claustrophobic.

But the beds - oh, the beds - they made everything else inconsequential!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank catherinebO7916PC
Newington, CT
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Doubletree and found it better than many of the reviews here. I got a King Suite so there was plenty of room. It was very clean and had a nice pool/fitness center. The hallways are a little out of date, but the rooms seem to have been remodeled recently and was very clean so that is really all that matters. It was a little pricey, but other than that could not have been better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Rooms are small, but clean and quiet, and nicely supplied. Bathroom sink is outside bathtub/toilet area, and but has a LARGE convenient surface top, allowing plenty of room. Hotel restaurant breakfast was delicious, and had fast service. Hotel has convenient location to restaurants, grocery store, post office, gas station and University of Vermont. Helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Morrisville, Vermont
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I made the reservation with some caution, given some of the reviews I read. My experience tells me that some of the negative reviews may have been particular to a person's unfortunate experience and not indicative of the hotel overall. For example, I found the staff unobtrusive but helpful. the suites are very well appointed, above what I've typically experienced in a suite. No bugs, the bathroom was impeccably clean. Hallways were clean as well. We did experience the effects of someone violating their no smoking room across the hall; I can't think of how the hotel staff may handle this. There will always be those who violate others' rules and consideration for those around them. Our ventilation system cleared out the smoke smell once the violaters left the nexxt day. Only way to solve the smell of smoke in non smoking rooms, I would imagine, is to have a completely no smoking establishment. The food at Trader Duke's was good overall. They could cut back on fat they use, particularly for their stews. We brought our leftovers to the refrigerator suite, and the next day the shepherd's pie had a layer of yellow fat on the top--ugh! We would certainly return here unless we found a hotel that is better at providing a non smoking space.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,467 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!