“Clean, quite, efficient”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in South Burlington
Texas
“Clean, quite, efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

Rooms are small, but clean and quiet, and nicely supplied. Bathroom sink is outside bathtub/toilet area, and but has a LARGE convenient surface top, allowing plenty of room. Hotel restaurant breakfast was delicious, and had fast service. Hotel has convenient location to restaurants, grocery store, post office, gas station and University of Vermont. Helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Morrisville, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

I made the reservation with some caution, given some of the reviews I read. My experience tells me that some of the negative reviews may have been particular to a person's unfortunate experience and not indicative of the hotel overall. For example, I found the staff unobtrusive but helpful. the suites are very well appointed, above what I've typically experienced in a suite. No bugs, the bathroom was impeccably clean. Hallways were clean as well. We did experience the effects of someone violating their no smoking room across the hall; I can't think of how the hotel staff may handle this. There will always be those who violate others' rules and consideration for those around them. Our ventilation system cleared out the smoke smell once the violaters left the nexxt day. Only way to solve the smell of smoke in non smoking rooms, I would imagine, is to have a completely no smoking establishment. The food at Trader Duke's was good overall. They could cut back on fat they use, particularly for their stews. We brought our leftovers to the refrigerator suite, and the next day the shepherd's pie had a layer of yellow fat on the top--ugh! We would certainly return here unless we found a hotel that is better at providing a non smoking space.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

We got a deal on hotwire for one night in the doubletree and it was the exact same repeat from last year.....
The staff is great and courteous, the room is equiped with taste....
BUT
the rooms are small, I HATE their bathroom system witrh the sink outside the bathroom/ toilets ( I always use Clorox wipes on the handle in the bathroom....Let's put it that way, you do what you have to do in the bathroom ( door clsed....for me) THEN you open the door and THEN you go and wash oyur hands....Germs Germs Germs....

Plus, there was anonther problem with the heat system in the room....it did not heat nothing....we walked in the room at 65. F and after 2 hrs it wals still cold...the maintenance came and fix it but it would give us hot and cold wth a noisy burst every time....
Not really sure I wil stay again in this hotel.....if I'm on a budget I' d rather go across the street to the holiday inn or if I want to splurge it's the Sheraton conventio ncenter for sure...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Glen Cove, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I had some fear and trepidation about our upcoming stay. What a lovely surprise!! We had a beautiful, clean suite with fine toiletreis, a large refrig, sink etc. There was a flat screen tv along with another tv in the bedroom. The bed was so comfortable that I actually was able to sleep thru the night for two nights. The location was outsatanding, The food in the lovely dining room was quite good and don't knock the delicious chocolate chip cookies. The fitness center was good too. It was wonderful stay.

1 Thank bhoyt
Midwest US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

I recently traveled to Burlington to attend 3-days of work meetings at the Doubletree Hotel. I brought my wife along and we stayed a few days extra to enjoy what Burlington had to offer.

It's about a 5 minute drive from the airport to the hotel. I believe they provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport; however, I rented a car so I don't know the specifics on that.

Check in was quick and easy and yes, we did receive the warm cookies that other reviewers seem to bring up. My wife loved them and may have gone back every morning for more?

We stayed in a two room, King suite and it was worth the additional price. The room had a couch, table with chairs and tv in the main room. A small bar area with full fridge, microwave and sink separated the main room from the bedroom. The bedroom was spacious, even with a king bed, and had plenty of closet space and drawers for your clothes. The bathroom was clean (one thing I'm big on) with a big, spacious sink area and the shower had good water pressure. If I could add anything to the room it would be a DVD player. Most hotels don't have them, but it would be a nice perk as we had brought along several movies to watch late at night before calling it a night.

The hotel's location is great. It's not the downtown area, but Church Street is only about a 10 minute drive by basically taking a left turn out of the parking lot and following the road through the University of Vermont. There are numerous restaurants within a mile of the hotel (McDonalds, Starbucks, BK, Applebees, IHOP, Pizza, etc) as well as University Mall is close by.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and I would have to say it was the friendliest maid staff that I have ever encountered in a hotel. First, they spoke English so you could actually ask them something and not receive a puzzled look as so often happens at hotels throughout the country and secondly, they always said hello when you passed by them. Not a big thing, but it's those little things that make guests feel welcome.

The hotel had a nice meeting facility and offered free wireless internet to all guests! A huge perk as I'm used to pay $10-$15 per day at most other hotels. The in hotel restaurant, Trader Dukes, was nice. We only ate there once, but the food and service was good. The bar area was also nice and featured several local beers on tap along with several tv's for watching the games.

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DEK2000
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We stayed on points for 2 nights. Diamond status with Hilton and no upgrade given. The hotel is old, particularly the hallways and stairwells. Carpet needs to be replaced in the halls and rooms. The hotel is not 100% non-smoking and you can tell, even in a non-smoking room. Our room could have been cleaner as it looked like one of those yummy Doubletree cookies left a chocolate stain on the duvet which led us to believe it probably hadn't been washed prior to our arrival. Our room was cramped with only 2 people. No place to store a second suitcase and the room is oddly configured with the bathroom sink basically in the living area. Noisy room as there's a significant gap under the door leading to the hallway. Flat screen HD TV but no HD channels so the picture is of poor quality.

The hotel warrants a 3 star (vs. 2) rating because the staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the area and the location can't be beat for freeway access in downtown Burlington. But I would stay somewhere else if ever returning to the area.

1 Thank Misha22
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed in Burlington for one night during a recent trip around the New England area. I picked the Doubletree because the price was right and it got good reviews. The customer service is fantastic. A WELCOME experience from our previous hotel. The rooms were clean, front desk staff was very knowledgeable about the area and with making recommendations for dinner and drinks. They were trained well when it comes to making you feel welcome.

Hotel is about a 2 mile straight shot from the heart of downtown where there are many little shops and restaurants. Overall, a terrific night's stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,448 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!