We stayed one night January 5th so we could take advantage of the Park&Fly deal the Doubletree offers, where for a few extra dollars on top of room charges you may leave your car in their parking lot and use their 24/7 shuttle to the airport.
This saves about as much in two weeks parking costs at the airport as the room costs!
The hotel is, as others pointed out, right off the highway and near stores, bars, restaurants, grocery stores and the airport.
The bed was fantastically comfortable and the staff first rate. I actually looked forward to the hot cookie they give you when you check in (and if you ask, when you pick up your car)
We have stayed at a few other "Park and Fly" hotels in the area and believe me, THIS is the one you want to choose. IMHO the rooms and service are better than other notable name brand hotels literally across the street. Also be careful, some places do not have a "24 hour" shuttle. Lastly, from the worst park and fly deal to the very fine Doubletree there were only a few dollars price difference. I decided I didn't want to save fifteen dollars and lay awake all night in an uncomfortable bed in a cold noisy room like I did the last time I did the Park&Fly in Burlington
PS Trader Dukes restaurant located in the hotel is actually frequented by locals and is a pretty good pub. Food and drinks are not expensive and the service was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington