“College Tour”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Holden, United States
“College Tour”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great place to stay, helpful, courteous and clean. So convenient to have dinner available to us late. We had a great meal and were able to settle down for a great night sleep. Would stay there again! Staff was very helpful with questions and asked about our stay. Not creepy, just being interested.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Burlington, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed 3 nights two separate times while on business. Clean establishment, comfortable beds, nice restaurant. Pillows could use some update otherwise everything was as expected. Staff was helpful and courteous

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am happy to see your stay was comfortable, and I will look in to the issue with the pillows. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Washington, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Superb Hotel desk personnel. Love the warm cookies. Wait staff for breakfast and dinner excellent. Fitness Center, business center, swimmimng pool, and inroom WiFi. Excellent value hotel. Hghly recommend for business or pleasure, in particular for family trips or group travel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am happy to see that your stay all around was terrific and we hope to see you again very soon. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is friendly and comfortable. The only flaws are that the WiFi is spotty and the heat/AC unit is very noisy and hard to regulate. But a convenient location for the local colleges and reasonably priced.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry the heating and cooling unit was noisy for you, I hope that you were able to contact us and let us try and resolve that issue for you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Montgomery, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

great hotel. personable accomdating staff. hosted a customer training seminar there and they could not do enough for us. they were extrememly accomodating down to helping us set the room up for the training of 20 customers. the food served for the training was fantastic and no one went hungry. this doubletree is always my first choice when I am in the burligton area for business or personal trips. highly recommend this facilty

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am so happy to hear that we were able to get some much done for you, I am glad you have your seminars here and hope you will continue to do so.We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
North Hartland, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I arrived after a 15 hour flight and got the first good night's rest in days! Despite the hotel being very full, the room was quiet and I was able to have a leisurely dinner in the restaurant before heading to bed. Room service was wonderful the next morning. I highly recommend the grilled oatmeal with fruit.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you arrived after a very long flight and were able to relax and enjoy yourself while staying with us. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked a suite and two other rooms at the Hilton for me and two co-workers since we had business in Burlington. Our meeting was on a Friday and we decided to stay over until Sunday to catch the sites (e.g., Ben and Jerry's, the Aquarium, ski areas). I also brought my wife and two kids (8 and 12) and planned to make a mini-vacation out of it.

We checked in on a Thursday night and found the lobby to be nice. However, it was all downhill from there. The rest of the hotel looked like a motel six, but dumpier. You needed a compass just to get from the lobby to your room, and I hope you like to walk, because its a hike to get anywhere.

I rented the suite and it looked much like my college dorm room from the 1980s. I expected to find a 1/2 keg in the refrigerator since it looked like it had been through a few parties in its day. It also hummed all night like a Cummings Diesel Engine, so don't plan on sleeping much.

My kids, who can sleep on dirt if they have to, said the sofa couch (that turned into a bed) was like sleeping on 100 pointy pine cones. I can only assume they meant the mattress springs, but it was hard to tell given the bed looked like something the Hilton picked up at a rummage sale.

Now we come to the pool. As all parents know, even if the hotel is a proverbial dump, the kids will think its Walt Disney World if they have a decent pool. The Hilton's pool was more like a Polar Bear training center, it was cold, too cold. OK, no problem, lets' hit the hot tub. Sorry, it was a tepid pool of water with water jets that could not move a flea. I would classify it as a bacteria trap as further enumerated on below.

Its Friday night, 24 hours since the kids were in the bacteria trap and bingo, two sick kids. OK, no problem, we will stay up all night with them and check out one day early to get them home to their own beds (7 hr drive away). When we checked out at 7:00 AM on Saturday, the hotel clerk said we would need to call back to see if they would credit us the one night. When I mentioned that my kids were ill, probably due to the Hilton's hot tub, he winced like he had just heard this from someone else that weekend and said we would still need to call back.

After returning home, my wife called as requested. She worked her way up through one layer of Hilton miss-management to the next. When she finally got to the "top" the Hilton rep never called her back. Yup, not even a simple courtesy call back after my wife left two separate messages. Keep in mind my co-workers stayed the entire time as planned (over $1,000.00), and we were only looking to get our money back from the one night we did not stay.

Bottom line, Never Again will my company or family stay at a Hilton. They sacrificed all our future business for about $175.00 (the one night we wanted credited back since we checked out early). We do a lot of traveling and have never seen anything like it. In the future we will stick with Best Western's and Marriot's where we have and continue to be treated well. We suggest you do the same.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank mcr594
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We do sincerely apologize for the experience your family had while staying with us and that our property did not meet your expectations. We understand that you initially desired to leave early due to the impending snowstorm. We do take your comments regarding your children’s sickness extremely seriously. Your comments on our pool and hot tub were the first and last of any sickness reported due to our facilities. Our management team has tried on multiple occasions to reach you via telephone, most recently on March 14th but have not been able to speak directly with you. On March 14th, our hotel issued Orbitz a refund on behalf of your reservation and notified you directly thereafter via voicemail. As mentioned before, if you have not already received you refund, we encourage you to reach out to Orbitz. As mentioned in one of our messages to you, please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly for assistance with this. It is our goal to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay and remain at your service long after your departure. We do hope that your children are now in good health!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!