“Nothing Beats A Warm Cookie on a Snowy Night!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Marmora, New Jersey
“Nothing Beats A Warm Cookie on a Snowy Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We were dropping our daughter off at UVM from spring break, and got in late. We were greeted by a friendly young man who handed us chocolate chip cookies as we got our keys. The king sized room was very comfortable, sheets divine but after a good nights sleep the exercise/pool area was what WOWED me. Gotta work out after those cookies! The room is large, clean and well equipped with treadmills, bikes, weights, medicine balls, yoga mats, etc. You even overlook the pool which is nice. Call me crazy,but there is something really cool about running on the treadmill and looking out the windows at a Vermont snow!

Stayed March 2014
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you were dropping your daughter off after spring break at UVM, I hope the trip was alot of fun. I am glad you had such a wonderful experience with our property and hope that you come back. And I do agree there is something really cool about running on the treadmill and looking out the windows at a Vermont snow!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went this past weekend with my husband. First of all check-in was smooth, staff friendly. Cookie was a nice touch. Problem was though they were "fully booked" and the only room left was right next to the lobby where everyone passed. Funny as when checking online to book, there were both categories of rooms left (reg and suites).

I expressed my concern to the front desk staff upon check-in about the proximity to the lobby but was told there was no other room option. After going in the room, I realized that I could hear every single person passing outside the door (at the point that I can hear exactly what they were saying). Also, the room only had a shower and no tub which didn't bother me, but was not indicated during the online booking so I was a little surprised.

After noticing that the noise was indeed going to be a problem, I went back to the front desk and spoke to a different woman (much more pleasant than the first) who told me the hotel was fully booked with ski groups and that they would settle down in the evening. Her words came true and the evening was fairly quiet, with the occasional person being heard, and hearing the shower only once. Then came 6:15 am where the groups of teenagers leaving in the morning were so loud they woke me up. It lasted a good 30 min of constant movement and loud voices outside the door. Couldn't fall asleep for a good hour after this, and did not fully rest after that... It sucks as this was supposed to be a small relaxing getaway for us and I couldn't even "sleep in" so to speak and feel rested.

When I checked out at the front desk, I told the person the issue about the noise and what happened (mind you, I said it quite politely), and she did not even apologize for the inconvenience. She basically said "oh ok" and that was it. I guess I had paid already so it didn't matter anymore to the hotel? I would have at least appreciated a sincere apology for this issue... but nothing. (If anyone at the hotel reads this, our suggestion was to simply put a pocket door between the main door and the bedroom area... would solve the problem.)

The room itself was well appointed, bed comfortable and clean, so no complaints there. But I wouldn't risk staying there again. My advice is book on the phone... to make sure you get a room where you can sleep!

Room Tip: Pick a room as far as possible from the lobby, and probably best on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sparkling_lotus
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant interaction with the front desk agent you encountered when you first arrived and at check out. We do really care about our guests input, and the fact this was your getaway and you were not able to relax, I am truly sorry for that. From time to time we do have ski groups in house, and while they were here we were sold out. We usually try to place them next to the lobby so we can monitor the noise and make sure they are not disrupting our other guests. I am sorry that you were not informed that they would be leaving early in the morning and that prevented you for having the getaway you wanted. If you would like to please give me a call here at the hotel and let me make it up to you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Danvers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you are staying over in Burlington to visit your St. Michaels student (son or daughter) there is no better, cleaner and affordable hotel in that area. We have stayed in many Burlington Hotel and Motels during our daughters four years and find ourselves returning to the Doubletree. Pleasant customer service and a great place to stay.

1 Thank Michael S
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you are one of the many parents that we love to see, whose kids attend Saint Michaels College, I am happy that you enjoy staying here with us as we love having you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Darien, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had never stayed in a Double Tree before, so this was a very pleasant surprise. From the moment I walked into the lobby I felt welcomed and valued. The front desk staff was friendly & efficient. They answered my questions on restaurants with a number of options. Every housekeeper I passed walking to my room smiled, said hello, and asked how are you. By the time I reached my room, I had a smile on my face. The room was clean and inviting. The desk chair was extremely comfortable as was the easy chair and ottoman. King bed was also very comfortable. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We love to hear when our guests feel as welcome as you did by our entire staff. I am happy you were able to enjoy the room features such as the desk chair, chair and ottoman, and the bed. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Rutland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We enjoyed the facilities overall. Great fitness center and pool/hot tub. Great access to the restaurant next door. Front desk staff very helpful. Had to be moved from the room we were checked into. We opened the bed and the sheets had not been changed from the previous customers. Disgusting finding body hairs in your bed. Front desk was great and quickly moved us to a nearby room

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the sheet situation, and I would like to assure you that is not a practice around here and I am truly sorry that you had to deal with that. I am happy that our staff was able to take good care of you, and I hope when you return to the area you will give us another chance and please feel free to reach out to me. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Sharon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you are visiting colleges in the Burlington area The DoubleTree Inn is the perfect place to stay. Very comfortable beds, clean room, nice pool, and a great dinner. Also within 5 minutes of downtown Burlington, UVM, Saint Michaels College, and Champlain College.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you were visiting the colleges in the Burlington area, I hope you enjoyed what you saw and we look forward to having you back. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Hagaman, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We received the college discount for staying here, which was a good discount. However, it still seemed a bit high for the hotel. Rooms and hotel itself were clean, but very outdated. We wanted to relax in the pool and hot tub after a long day, but the pool was cold, and the hot tub was luke warm, which was very disappointing. Very convenient, but not a great value. Front desk clerk did not ask how our stay was on check-out. A disappointment for the type of hotel we thought it would be.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry that you had the issues that you did at our hotel, and I hope you give us a chance to make it up to you. I see that the pool/hot tub temp was not to your satisfaction, and I hope that you did call us to let us know so that we were able to fix the issue for you. I am sorry that the front desk clerk did not ask you how your stay was at the end, its a standard practice here at this hotel. I hope that you do give us another chance and reach out to me on your next trip to the Burlington area. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,411 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!