BEWARE! If you're basing your decision to stay here based on the photos as currently posted on the hotel site or Trip advisor, you WILL be disappointed. The hotel lobby, with its' lofty ceiling and
extensive use of wood paneling offers travelers a first impression that is NOT consistent with the rest of the hotel including the guest rooms.
Our regular (non-suite) ROOM was significantly smaller than as depicted by the online photos.
Additionally, the rooms are awkwardly designed; upon entering the room, one is immediately presented with the non-privately located sink - counter area on one side of the room, with the minuscule toilet and small tub-shower enclosure located behind a door directly across.
There is no buffering entry area with closet as is standard in most chain hotels! (The closet is
located in the room proper)
The POOL is also much smaller than indicated by the professional hotel images. Read the copy carefully : it says "lap pool" - and that description is accurate - although the accompanying visual images most certainly are not!
The long low-ceilinged HALLWAYS are cheaply decorated and shabby at best. There were signs
posted here and there indicating that the hotel was in the process of "refurbishing", but we saw
no concrete physical evidence of that during our stay.
The good ?
The bedding is comfortable. The hotel reception staff was reasonably friendly and efficient.
The attached restaurant space is spacious and the breakfast adequate.(If a bit overpriced)
Overall, as far as the physical accommodations are concerned, we expect similar for a per night room cost averaging about $89 per. At more than double that price this DoubleTree by Hilton is a poor value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington