“Fun mini trip with family.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Central, Vermont
“Fun mini trip with family.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree in Burlington Vt for a mini get away with our son and granddaughters. It's an average hotel, the rooms are a bit worn but all was comfortable. We spent time in the pool which was clean, the water could have been a bit warmer, the granddaughters got cold pretty fast. But maybe that was a way to get them out of the pool. We ate at Trader Duke's for dinner and breakfast. Breakfast was good, dinner very bland, nothing great. Good location to get around Burlington.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for you review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway to Burlington with your son and grandkids! I'm so happy that you recognize our convenient location, just off Interstate 89 and centrally located for getting in and around Burlington. Our property has been successfully operating as a hotel since the 1970's, so while the building itself is 40 years old, we are always looking for ways to spruce things up to provide better guest satisfaction. Some of this recent work includes the renovation of all standard bathrooms, new carpeting and wallpaper in all hallways, and we're also gearing up for an internet upgrade as well as the addition of a new gift shop next to the front desk and a "Grab n' Go" cafe to be located in the lobby as well. I'm also glad to hear that the grandkids enjoyed our indoor heated pool. We keep the temperature in our pool at 82 degrees, which is usually quite comfortable for most guests. I'm sure that the temperature did not stop them from having some fun! Thank you also for your compliments to our restaurant, Trader Duke's. Breakfast is by far their most popular meal period and I'm happy that you and the family were able to start the day off right with a nice, hot meal!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just back from weekend there April 20th, 2012
I've been coming here for 4 years for a weekend tournament in town. Always been clean, efficient, and friendly. Typical room, two doubles, 5 pillows on each bed to choose soft or hard pillows to your liking. Bathroom was fine and tiles in good condition.Like that there's outlets for charging devices on the lamp on top of the desk and beside bed so you don't have to go looking behind furniture for them. Room had small fridge, handy to keep some drinks and snacks cold and freeze ice pack from cooler in car for return trip home.

Upon check in I asked for some extra towels to be sent to room and they were on in the bathroom by the time I brought the bags in from the car. Very efficient. I had no problem with internet connection. Called "care" number from card on desk in room to find out how to connect to it. Was given passcode and had no problem connecting. I received a phone call back from them 10 min later checking to see if I was able to connect. I used my ipod in room to check and send email and surf net for directions to local arenas. Didn't have a problem with the wifi at all but wasn't streaming videos down on it.

Ate breakfast on Sunday at Trader Duke's (hotel restaurant) arrived 10 min before 9:00 am when $14.95 buffet starts which was good because we could easily get a table and had a coffee while waiting for buffet to be opened. Buffet was good, offered omlette station, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, juice, some lunch items and coffee came included. other breakfasts don't include coffee/tea (at $2.50) and range from $7.95-10.95

Went to pool area to relax muscles in hot tub after playing sports and enjoyed it. Jets not powerful but water is kept very hot.

Like the location near the University mall with Applebees IHOP and Hannaford's groceries nearby. Gas station beside it. 5 min from downtown Burlington simple to drive out of hotel and you're on road going right into downtown. Easy access to Hwy 89 and 15 min from outlet stores in Essex Junction.

Room Tip: Always been on first floor and happy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stretchottawa
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington for the Champlain Full Stride Shoot Out! I'm so glad to hear that we have earned your loyalty by providing consistent, comfortable, and friendly service. Our CAREline is used whenever a guest has a request or problem and I'm happy that our front desk staff was able to assist you with getting onto our complimentary wi-fi network. That's wonderful that you enjoyed your brunch in Trader Duke's and that you found value for the price paid. It is true we have a very convenient location, just off Interstate 89 and within walking and driving distance to the University Mall, gas stations and grocery stores, as well as other shopping and restaurant options. I hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit our beautiful city again and certainly if you are competing in next year's tournament!
Central Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We met colleagues here for a 2 day working session. One of us booked a suite and we used that.

The staff including the front desk service were friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and reasonably appointed. The bed was comfortable.

Wifi was a little slow and dropped us a few times. Something to consider if you are having a business meeting that requires video internet access.

The hotel is located right off RT 89 and about a mile from downtown Burlington. There are many options for dining.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reiher
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad that you experienced a friendly and helpful check-in. We pride ourselves on providing warm and welcoming service and I'm happy that you had a chance to experience that first hand. Our two-room suites with full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, work area, and separate bedroom, are perfect for families and business travelers alike. I'm glad that you and your co-workers were able to comfortably meet in a suite while you were staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our complimentary wi-fi access, but we're very excited to be gearing up for a complete internet upgrade, which will bring our speeds from 1mbps to 20mbps, a huge improvement! I hope that if you do visit the Burlington area again for business or pleasure that you will choose to stay with us and will have the opportunity to enjoy our new wi-fi experience first hand.
Dundee, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Older property, like many Doubletrees, but don't let that put you off. It's been redone, hallway ceilings are still low, and hallways are "Vermonty". But the rooms themselves are clean and modernized.

Our check in was lightning fast. I am a Hilton Honors Elite member, so we had an upgrade to a suite waiting for us. No need to ask like other brands that I hold higher status at (Holiday Inn, I'm looking at you!). The staff had the suite ready, breakfast vouchers were ready, and there was even a personal note from the staff in the suite. Made me feel welcome for sure. And we seriously were done with check-in within a minute of walking in the door.

The suite had been updated, current colors were on the walls. Desk, fridge, and microwave were all in good shape. HD channels on the flatscreen, but a list of channels would have been handy if only to tip off that HD channels were available.

We used the pool and hot tub. The pool was cold, either not heated or not heated enough. There were a lot of towels left by guests who had obviously left, but staff had not cleaned up after.

Drawback, as others have noted, was internet speed. I used speedtest.net, and found the download to be 0.4mbps, uploads even slower. Yeah if I were trying to watch video on netflix, it wouldn't have worked. But the upload speeds weren't enough to quickly even upload email for work, let alone download for play.

Overall, I'd stay again, mostly based on my guest experience. But if I need to work, I'll be seeking out a starbucks or mcdonalds for faster internet.

Room Tip: Suites are at back of hotel, loooooooooooooooooooooong walk from the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our property. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad to hear that you experienced a fast and efficient check-in. We value our Hilton Honor members and strive to provide our guests with exceptional service from the moment they walk in the door. I'm happy that we were able to upgrade you to a suite based on your Hilton Honors status - this is a perk that we try to reward to our best guests when we have availability! I trust you found our suites to be very spacious and appreciate that you recognized our suite amenities like a full-size refrigerator, microwave, and two flat-screen TVs. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our high-speed internet. We are gearing up for a complete upgrade to our wireless internet access, which will bring our speeds from 1 mbps to 20 mgps, which will be a great improvement! In the meantime, if you do stay with us again and choose to or are upgraded to a suite, please know that there is hard-wired access in our suites, which may make doing work a bit easier for you. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to serving you again next time you are in town!
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you want full access to the internet, I don't recommend this facility. Their WiFi is not much better than dial-up internet access, and the ethernet access still won't allow you to view online videos. Recommend you look elsewhere to stay if internet access is important to your stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our wireless internet. We are aware that guests expect and rely on this amenity when they are staying away from home, which is why we are excited to prepare for a wireless internet upgrade, which should be taking place next month! This upgrade will take our internet speeds from 1mgps to 20mbps, which will be a great improvement! In addition to our internet upgrade, we are also preparing for the renovation and addition of a gift shop/grab-and-go area to be added next to the front desk, which will provide additional convenience to our guests. I hope that you will come and visit us again in the future and have the opportunity to enjoy these upgrades that we are currently working on. Thank you again for your feedback!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Been there this weekend for 2 days to relax the room ok the bathroom too small I was taking shower the road and the courten fell .the carpet in the room too old .. The next morning having breakfast at the restaurant our waiter was taking care of room service we were served coffee juice and tost after we were finish eating buffet style. The waiter that finally took care of our table was very nice. Finally this is not a4-1/2 star hotel.

Stayed April 2012
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I appreciate your feedback regarding the size of our bathrooms. Although we cannot change the size or layout of our bathrooms, we did recently undergo bathroom renovations and are currently working on some new upgrades around the hotel like carpeting, wallpaper, and the addition of a "grab and go" gift shop next to our front desk. We apologize for your experience in Trader Duke's Restaurant & Lounge as you were trying to enjoy your breakfast, but I am glad that your second server was able to satisfy your needs. We hope that you will have the chance to visit our beautiful little city again and appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel!
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were in Burlington on a holiday weekend in the fall so unsurprisingly lots of places were solidly booked even a few months ahead - so we ended up booking a chain hotel.

My girlfriend was overjoyed to get the usual cookie on arrival and we went to the room. Spacious, clean and standard it was a good room with a good bathroom. Nothing amazing here but just a solid room. The service from the desk was very good - very friendly staff and anything i needed (bottle opener for example) I was able to get and I very much liked the apples that were on the front desk to help yourself.

I cannot comment on the facilities beyond this as we didn't use them. In terms of location the hotel is on a bit of a busy road with nothing much around it but chain food outlets - it is good for driving though since it was handy or most things in the area, including free-ways.

Nothing amazing or unusual perhaps, but just a solid chain hotel with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of your stay back in October - we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback! We are so happy to hear that your girlfriend enjoyed our signature DoubleTree chocolate chip and walnut cookie - this is one staple that DoubleTree guests have come to love! Our friend desk staff always aims to go above and beyond when it comes to guest service, so we are so glad to hear that this was demonstrated for you during your stay. Our location just off Williston Road is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike and I'm happy that you appreciated the convenience of our location in proximity to Interstate-89. We hope that you will visit us again if you make it back to our wonderful city - thank you again for your positive feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,411 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!