“Ideally located, clean and comfortable”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Central Massachusetts, USA
“Ideally located, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We met colleagues here for a 2 day working session. One of us booked a suite and we used that.

The staff including the front desk service were friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and reasonably appointed. The bed was comfortable.

Wifi was a little slow and dropped us a few times. Something to consider if you are having a business meeting that requires video internet access.

The hotel is located right off RT 89 and about a mile from downtown Burlington. There are many options for dining.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reiher
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad that you experienced a friendly and helpful check-in. We pride ourselves on providing warm and welcoming service and I'm happy that you had a chance to experience that first hand. Our two-room suites with full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, work area, and separate bedroom, are perfect for families and business travelers alike. I'm glad that you and your co-workers were able to comfortably meet in a suite while you were staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our complimentary wi-fi access, but we're very excited to be gearing up for a complete internet upgrade, which will bring our speeds from 1mbps to 20mbps, a huge improvement! I hope that if you do visit the Burlington area again for business or pleasure that you will choose to stay with us and will have the opportunity to enjoy our new wi-fi experience first hand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Dundee, Michigan
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Older property, like many Doubletrees, but don't let that put you off. It's been redone, hallway ceilings are still low, and hallways are "Vermonty". But the rooms themselves are clean and modernized.

Our check in was lightning fast. I am a Hilton Honors Elite member, so we had an upgrade to a suite waiting for us. No need to ask like other brands that I hold higher status at (Holiday Inn, I'm looking at you!). The staff had the suite ready, breakfast vouchers were ready, and there was even a personal note from the staff in the suite. Made me feel welcome for sure. And we seriously were done with check-in within a minute of walking in the door.

The suite had been updated, current colors were on the walls. Desk, fridge, and microwave were all in good shape. HD channels on the flatscreen, but a list of channels would have been handy if only to tip off that HD channels were available.

We used the pool and hot tub. The pool was cold, either not heated or not heated enough. There were a lot of towels left by guests who had obviously left, but staff had not cleaned up after.

Drawback, as others have noted, was internet speed. I used speedtest.net, and found the download to be 0.4mbps, uploads even slower. Yeah if I were trying to watch video on netflix, it wouldn't have worked. But the upload speeds weren't enough to quickly even upload email for work, let alone download for play.

Overall, I'd stay again, mostly based on my guest experience. But if I need to work, I'll be seeking out a starbucks or mcdonalds for faster internet.

Room Tip: Suites are at back of hotel, loooooooooooooooooooooong walk from the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our property. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad to hear that you experienced a fast and efficient check-in. We value our Hilton Honor members and strive to provide our guests with exceptional service from the moment they walk in the door. I'm happy that we were able to upgrade you to a suite based on your Hilton Honors status - this is a perk that we try to reward to our best guests when we have availability! I trust you found our suites to be very spacious and appreciate that you recognized our suite amenities like a full-size refrigerator, microwave, and two flat-screen TVs. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our high-speed internet. We are gearing up for a complete upgrade to our wireless internet access, which will bring our speeds from 1 mbps to 20 mgps, which will be a great improvement! In the meantime, if you do stay with us again and choose to or are upgraded to a suite, please know that there is hard-wired access in our suites, which may make doing work a bit easier for you. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to serving you again next time you are in town!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you want full access to the internet, I don't recommend this facility. Their WiFi is not much better than dial-up internet access, and the ethernet access still won't allow you to view online videos. Recommend you look elsewhere to stay if internet access is important to your stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with our wireless internet. We are aware that guests expect and rely on this amenity when they are staying away from home, which is why we are excited to prepare for a wireless internet upgrade, which should be taking place next month! This upgrade will take our internet speeds from 1mgps to 20mbps, which will be a great improvement! In addition to our internet upgrade, we are also preparing for the renovation and addition of a gift shop/grab-and-go area to be added next to the front desk, which will provide additional convenience to our guests. I hope that you will come and visit us again in the future and have the opportunity to enjoy these upgrades that we are currently working on. Thank you again for your feedback!
Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Been there this weekend for 2 days to relax the room ok the bathroom too small I was taking shower the road and the courten fell .the carpet in the room too old .. The next morning having breakfast at the restaurant our waiter was taking care of room service we were served coffee juice and tost after we were finish eating buffet style. The waiter that finally took care of our table was very nice. Finally this is not a4-1/2 star hotel.

Stayed April 2012
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I appreciate your feedback regarding the size of our bathrooms. Although we cannot change the size or layout of our bathrooms, we did recently undergo bathroom renovations and are currently working on some new upgrades around the hotel like carpeting, wallpaper, and the addition of a "grab and go" gift shop next to our front desk. We apologize for your experience in Trader Duke's Restaurant & Lounge as you were trying to enjoy your breakfast, but I am glad that your second server was able to satisfy your needs. We hope that you will have the chance to visit our beautiful little city again and appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel!
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were in Burlington on a holiday weekend in the fall so unsurprisingly lots of places were solidly booked even a few months ahead - so we ended up booking a chain hotel.

My girlfriend was overjoyed to get the usual cookie on arrival and we went to the room. Spacious, clean and standard it was a good room with a good bathroom. Nothing amazing here but just a solid room. The service from the desk was very good - very friendly staff and anything i needed (bottle opener for example) I was able to get and I very much liked the apples that were on the front desk to help yourself.

I cannot comment on the facilities beyond this as we didn't use them. In terms of location the hotel is on a bit of a busy road with nothing much around it but chain food outlets - it is good for driving though since it was handy or most things in the area, including free-ways.

Nothing amazing or unusual perhaps, but just a solid chain hotel with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay back in October - we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback! We are so happy to hear that your girlfriend enjoyed our signature DoubleTree chocolate chip and walnut cookie - this is one staple that DoubleTree guests have come to love! Our friend desk staff always aims to go above and beyond when it comes to guest service, so we are so glad to hear that this was demonstrated for you during your stay. Our location just off Williston Road is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike and I'm happy that you appreciated the convenience of our location in proximity to Interstate-89. We hope that you will visit us again if you make it back to our wonderful city - thank you again for your positive feedback!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Booked via PL for 60$. Coming from a more rustic place to this was nice, mind you, I didn't have the great breakfast of the Old Stagecoach, but was nice to relax and watch TV and surf the web. The check in was friendly, received my DT cookie, and took possession of my room. Fairly big room with a very comfortable king bed, LCD TV, free wifi, but the bathroom configuration was old school Holiday Inn, with the sink outside the smallish bathroom....mind you the sink was 4 star grade, as was the furniture in the room. The gym was well appointed with 3 of each ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes, some weights. The pool is quite decent for laps, and there is a nice Jacuzzi for relaxing. There is a restaurant on premise I did not use. The complex is quite big, but there is sufficient parking on premise. Downside is the long walk to downtown...I wish the South Burlington hotels would offer shuttle service, for this 1 mile distance. Other cities do it. Still, a good deal on PL.

Room Tip: book via priceline, bid 3 stars in Burlington.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that you enjoyed your trip to our beautiful city! We are so glad that you recognize all of the wonderful amenities that our hotel offers: Comfortable and spacious guestrooms, 32" LCD flatscreen TVs, complimentary wi-fi access, a well appointed fitness center and indoor heated pool, ample complimentary parking, and of course, the famous DoubleTree cookie! We have been operating successfully as a hotel since the 1690's and do recognize that the set-up of having the bathroom and vanity separate are not all guests' preferences. Althought this is something that we cannot change, we did recently undergo bathroom renovations and are currently working on other upgrades like carpeting and wallpaper and the addition of a new "grab and go" gift shop which will be located next to the front desk. I hope that you will consider the DoubleTree the next time you are visiting Burlington - thank you again for your wonderful feedback!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in the area and the Doubletree is by far the best one in my opinion. The front desk employees were very welcoming and professional. I stayed in a king suite which was pleasant, clean, and comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant which was very good. All in all, it was an excellent value and I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ILoveTivoli
JonathanAmon, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you find great value in our property among the many lodging options that our city has to offer. Our front desk staff takes great pride in making guests feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door and we're so glad that you you experienced that. Our suites provide great value with a separate living area and bedroom, plus full-size refrigerator, microwave, and two televisions. We will pass along your kudos to the chef for the dinner you had in Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!