I booked this hotel at a not so inexpensive rate after reading the reviews here and I was truly surprised that no one mentioned how small and inadequate the rooms were. Hilton should be ashamed of themselves to have this motel be part of their offering. I've stayed in many Doubletree hotels and this is NOT a doubletree that you would expect. I'm now skeptical to stay at another. We stayed in a double room. The rooms are so small that you simply cannot pass each other in the room. The bathroom, if you can call them that, is tiny. The shower head is also about 5 feet 8 so if you are taller you have to squat to take a shower. I have never been in a hotel in my entire lifetime of having travelled all over the world where the shower wasn't well above your head. Honestly, we felt taken. Truly, I am unable to understand how anyone designing such a room can believe that anyone would be comfortable. It is true that the staff is nice, and the rooms are clean but so are the staff and rooms at the neighboring hotels, but they are more comfortable. My advice is bake your own cookies and find somewhere else to stay. We did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington