“Comfortable chain hotel close to airport”

Trader Duke's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I only stayed here one night when I arrived in Burlington late. They have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport, which was great for me arriving after midnight. I called from the complimentary phone at the airport and they were there in a few minutes. A warm welcome cookie was also waiting on arrival and the bed and room were extremely comfortable and staff very friendly. Exactly what I needed after 24 hours in transit. Unless you're there on business, staying downtown would be a better option, and I moved to a closer hotel the next day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
JonathanAmon, Manager at Trader Duke's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you so very much for writing about your experience with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are proud of the prompt and hospitable service our complimentary airport shuttle provides, and we are happy that you found the comfort of the room and the service of our team met your expectations. I hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to Burlington.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had a last minute business meeting that I had to attend in Burlington and all the other Hilton brand hotels where booked. So I gave the double tree a chance. I found it to be ordinary service and accommodations at a very high price of $312.40 a night with tax. Also with kids running up and down the hallways late at night and the room not being cleaned till very late on Saturday I felt like I was staying at a low end hotel.

Room Tip: Beware of events taking place at Hotel which add to noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sirbadboy
JonathanAmon, Manager at Trader Duke's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although you seem to feel that we are a nice hotel (as the title of the review states), I am sorry that you felt the experience was simply ordinary. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and that's how our property remains among the top 10% of all DoubleTree hotels in the Americas. I apologize that your room was not made up earlier in the day on Saturday. Our Housekeeping team understands that a majority of our guests prefer to sleep in a little bit later on the weekends. Our Housekeeping team reacts to this by starting our services slightly later in the morning. However, our team can certainly service a room at any time simply by letting us know your preferred cleaning time. Our rates do change depending on the season, and many special offers and packages are offered throughout the year. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your last-minute trip, as availability can be very limited during our peak season, and we are often sold out weeks in advance during our high-season months. When booking next time, please let us know what you are looking for so we may find you the very best accommodations and value for you. We again that you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

After hearing that our U S Air flight was cancelled due to bad weather (actually their inability to manage their fleet after a weather delay 10 hours before), a very helpful gate agent offered to get us into Doubletree since we had to overnight. They got us a great "distressed traveler" rate and the hotel picked us up within minutes at the airport. The room was large, comfortable, nicely furnished, and close to the airport and downtown. I got the quiet sleep I needed after the US Air ordeal. This is a good place to stay if you can get a reasonable rate and need to be near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
JonathanAmon, Manager at Trader Duke's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your favorable review. Although we are sorry to hear of your travel troubles, we are delighted that we could accommodate you during your unforeseen airline cancellation. Being that our hotel is approximately 1 mile away from the Burlington International Airport, our complimentary shuttle is able to provide prompt service for our hotel guests 24 hours a day. Furthermore, several nearby shops, restaurants, and local businesses make our hotel an excellent option when traveling through the Burlington airport. We trust that you made it home to sunny South Carolina safely, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to Burlington! Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at the Double Tree during a weekend getaway. The hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. There are only two floors so there is no view to speak of but the rooms were large and modern. Very quite. The hotel was in a great location – just off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping. A great value for the price paid. The cookies were a great bonus – and very delicious!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
JonathanAmon, Manager at Trader Duke's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. Our team is delighted that you found our hotel to be welcoming and a great value. Our hotel has been consistently ranked among the very best of all DoubleTrees in the Americas, and our hotel team is proud of the personal and friendly service we provide to each of our guests. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient; ample free parking and surrounded by a number of restaurants, shops, and businesses make this property an ideal location when traveling to the Burlington area. Again, thank you for your favorable review, and we look forward to welcoming back to our property in the near future!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had a terrific stay at Double Tree this summer. The front desk staff was amazingly helpful, going out of their way to assist me everytime I had a question. I have stayed at much pricier hotels, and I have never received this level of customer service. The manager even drove me to the car rental facility as the hotel driver was busy! The hotel is very clean and updated, the food was excellent, the housekeepers were friendly and did a wonderful job tidying our very untidy room (I had two teenage girls with me who went on a shopping frenzy prior to a month of language immersion camp!) We did not use the pool, but the small, well equipped fitness room was fine for our needs. We stayed in a suite, which had 2 queen beds, a pull out couch, a dining table, large, flat screen TV (there may have been a second one in the bedroom, but I do not watch TV much, so I am not sure), a large bathroom and a well equipped kitchenette. Free, WARM, chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.... need I say more?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at Trader Duke's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that our entire hotel team made your family feel so welcomed. Our hotel team is truly remarkable, and they have helped keep our hotel among the top 10% of all Doubletrees in the Americas throughout the entire year of 2011 (the same goes for 2010, as well)! I am happy to hear that you and your family were comfortable in our spacious suites. Offering one king bed or two double beds, our suites are ideal for families traveling together or business travelers on the road. All of our suites offer two televisions (one in the living room, and one in the bedroom) with a great selection of HD channels, and all suites offer a pullout sofabed in the living room. I hope that our dedicated team will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future; we'll have the warm cookies ready for you!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights - our purpose was a shopping trip on the U.S side. I had prepaid the hotel and check-in was effortless. We asked for extra towels and pillows and that was not a problem. Room came with a coffee maker and Wolfgang Puck coffee which I did not like - not strong enough for me. Room was freezing and we could not control the air conditioning but other than that it was fine. Resturaunt onsite was good and prices were reasonable. We paid the extra 20.00 a night to have breakfast included for the 3 of us. This was worthwhile. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts directly across the street from the hotel and 1 block away from University Mall. Location is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

I thank you for selectiong the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel in Burlington for your recent visit, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Overall, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience in our restaurant, Trader Duke's. This restaurant has not only pleasantly surprised our hotel guests, but has been a long-time local favorite in our community for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our rooms do offer in-room coffee makers with Wolfgang Puck coffee, and our restaurant freshly brews local Green Mountain Coffee, so you always have a selection of coffee readily available to you.
We offer several different hotel packages at our hotel, and some that include breakfast as an added value. Hotel team will be delighted to explain other inclusive packages for your return visit. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel during your next shopping trip to the US!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here in July, with out two kids (7 and 4) for only two nights. A room with two double beds proved perfect for our party. We found the hotel to be a standard Hilton property, clean, functional and with professional personnel.
Trader's Duke, the restaurant was good value for the breakfast, with a better atmosphere than the usual hotel restaurant at breakfast time.
The hotel parking was free and we made 5 minutes to downtown Burlington - Church Street Market Place where at that moment (late July) there were plenty of (paying) parking opportunities.
The only needed improvement we noticed was the swimming pool area. A bit outdated as compared to the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We are always thrilled to hear about our guests enjoying their experience with us, and this review is no exception! Our hotel really offers it all for our guests: an award-winning local restaurant that celebrates the usage of fresh, local ingredients, clean and comfortable guest rooms, and an indoor pool and fitness center with Precor fitness equipment. Did you notice our new pool furniture surrounding the pool and outdoor patio? I hope you found these new chairs and tables comfortable. As you stated, so many of our restaurant customers have found that our restaurant, Trader Duke's, is not your typical hotel restaurant. In fact, our locals here in Burlington continue to return to Duke's time and time again to experience our hearty, New England specialties next to the cozy, stone fireplace at the center of the room. Our hotel offers ample free parking, and there are countless shops, businesses, and restaurants within walking distance from our hotel. I hope our professional hospitality team will be welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Trader Duke's Hotel? Share your experiences!