My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in a king 2 room suite on the first floor in the back of the hotel. After checking in I walked through the hotel to our room. The corridors all had really low ceilings which gave it a kind of clausterphobic feel. Luckily our suite was located near one of the rear doors and we didn't need to walk through the hotel often.
The suite itself was very comfortable and clean- the decor was typical. The bath had a marble counter with undermounted sink and a double head shower with a curved curtain rod and was a good size for this category of hotel. Unlike previous commenters, we found the suite to be spacious enough, not at all cramped but not huge either. We found everything to be very clean and in good working order. We had no problem with the air conditioning and changed the settings to accommodate our presence in the room. The staff was accommodating and helpful.
The outdoor patio is small but very nicely furnished with dappled shade. A nice place to lay after a swim or to enjoy your morning coffee outside. We did not use the pool but did check it out. It seemed clean and had the usual smell of chlorine of an indoor pool. There was a changing room which although clean had a VERY strong unpleasant chemical odor. My husband made use of the gym which he found well equipped and in good condition.
The location of the hotel was excellent, around the corner from University Mall and a short drive into the town center. The attached Trader Duke's restaurant is a step above the usual hotel offerings. While the decor was 1980's rustic the food was very good. All in all we would stay there again if we returned to Burlington. We found it to be good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington