“Nothing better in the Burlington Area”

Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Hope, Maine
“Nothing better in the Burlington Area”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I was in Burlington to pull my sick, college student son out of the dorm and give him a quiet, comfortable place to recover. I could not have picked a better place. The beds were extremely comfortable and my son was able to rest and recover very well. Breakfast in the lovely lobby area was excellent and I could make a plate to bring up to him. The managers social time serves what I call a full meal, not just appetizers and again that was extremely handy for bringing food to my son. food was excellent. The suites are spotless and very well decorated. The HD TV in the bedroom was another plus for my son. After he was feeling better, we had 4 of his friends over to enjoy the pool area and the hot tub. Nobody blinked as they walked in and shared time with my son and I thank the management for allowing them to be there. The lobby with the fireplace in the middle is gorgeous and a very comfortable place to visit with other guests. Staff was excellent in every way. Can't wait to return with my hubby for fun times and visiting. This is the best place to stay in the Burlington area, hands down. Nothing like it anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank seedlady
Butterscotch05403, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2010
I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for your feedback on our hotel. We take pride in our property, and guests like you are largely responsible for our continued success.

We are happy to have served you in the past, and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Christopher M. Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2010

This was a perfect place to hole up for 4 nights. The two-room suites with kitchenette are wonderful. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows, the furniture in the sitting room was strong and comfortable and supportive not that cheap stuff that looks good but when you sit down you sink to the floor. Tasteful decor, great window shades, two TVs so one in bed and the other one in the sitting room. The bathroom was ultra tastefully done, nice modern facilities, lots of towels, great bathroom amenities and good maid service.
The hot breakfast is perfect with a wonderful selection of breads, hot cereal, fruit, muffins and so forth. The Green Mountain coffee is excellent, plenty of it and always fresh. The fireplace was always going so the lobby is certainly inviting. We did not partake in the evening wine and cheese but I am sure that was great as well.
This is one hotel that gives you great value for your money, you can cook in the room or bring food in and that does save you money and gets you away from the constant restaurant meal. This is super close to the University Mall so shopping and food and such is close at hand.
When in Burlington give this one a try I do not think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Butterscotch05403, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2010

maine
Reviewed March 19, 2010

A very nice place.Large comfortable one and two bedroom suites.Quality through out.
A lodge like feeling as soon as you enter. Large two sided fireplace, open beams, real wood, greet you. Lobby is also the place for one the best breakfasts we have had in a hotel.Eggs were good, sausage/real oatmeal with every you could think of to put on it/hard boiled eggs/great breads/bagels/muffins/yogurt/many kinds of fruit/several kinds of juice/several kinds of cold cereal/some of the best bacon I ever had/many kinds of tea/and several types of green mountain roasters coffee!(I'm sure I forgot some things)But all was of Quality.
At night 5-7(mon-thur) there was a managers social. They could of called it managers meal. A very friendly way to meet/greet/eat.We had on our first night a "mardi gra" with craw fish, white rice/red beans,jambalaya several kinds of punch/lemonade the great coffee and several kinds of beer on draft.(local Vermont brews(excellent) as well as bud and a couple kinds of wine. Dixie land jazz music playing.They even had beads and masks on the tables.The second night they had a pork roast (better than many restaurants) red potatoes with rosemary, string beans and applesauce as well as the adult beverages. This quality food certainly adds to the value of your stay. You get the food your self out of the pantry room and you select your table ,all four times we ate there seemed to be ample seating. They do have a overflow room witch was pleasant.All though the lights were to bright in this room.
All meals were served on real plates with real silverware and your tables were cleared/cleaned by very friendly people.
The rooms were excellent and the quality continued. Very nice looking/ comfortable furniture. We had a two bed room suite. king bed in one room/with full bath(many reviews say the lighting at the sink is to dark we slid the dimmer switch up and had plenty of light/we had NO heating issues) The second bedroom had two double beds/with full bath. Living room had a comfortable couch( a sleeper I believe) a nice leather like chair and a gas fire place. Kitchen was fully stalked even dish washer. large table four chairs and a office type chair as that's where the computer hook ups were. There was a large flat panel tv in each room.(living room was large) with a good amount of channels and radio stations There were 8 windows in our suite. (nothing really to look at out side but let in a very nice amount of light.
A small clean pool, a nice hot tub and a nice work out room a working tv at each treadmill. The motel is in two separate buildings. Both seemed equal.There is a cool enclosed walk way on the top floor so you do not have to go out side. The location of hotel is very handy, 2 easy miles to downtown,colleges nearby,interstate 1/2 mile and walkable to some restaurants and the largest indoor mall in Vermont, and a huge Barnes and Noble. The hotel is on the quiet end of a busy street. They clearly take pride in their hotel,nice landscaping, every thing well maintained they were even painting the wood work in some of the hallways(didn't seem to need it )every thing was well taken care of. Over all one of the Best.
A few negatives/odd things: While we found all staff to be very pleasant/ friendly and help full, the lady who checked us in and out was not very warm. Checking in we were told they could not not give us a room on top floor as requested. I said" that's fine" she said with a tone,"that"s all we had available " I said it's ok. She said "how many keys?" gave me directions to the room and Clearly she was done with me. We went to the room, as said it was Very Nice. laid out our stuff, freshened up and went out to explore Burlington. I forgot to bring my sunglasses, went back down the hall to room as a man was coming out of our room. I said "is there a problem?" He said "they never tell me when they rent the rooms" and he walked off. Some how this did not seem right so as leaving I stopped at the desk to at least confirm that he was an employee. The desk clerk was on the phone with a customer, I stood there for six minutes she never looked up. I left and enjoyed my day in Burlington, came back early in afternoon went into lobby they have great cookies(warm) all four of us took one.(they were GREAT) as we were going to the room my youngest son said to me "was it ok that we took a cookie?" I told him yes. But I felt the same way. Every thing was very clean and well cared for. Except in the master bathroom the very pretty tile coves up on to the wall (very nice) but one corner piece was missing which my big toe found out the hard way (ouch). It clearly had been missing for some time. The master bath ceiling had what appeared to be several leaks from above. And the 8 windows in our suite had very pretty dark wood blinds, they made the room nice and dark at night.(pretty drapes as well) The wooden blinds had not been dusted in a very long time there were layers of dust and many finger prints from other guests. On check out morning went to desk same clerk (was on the phone) I put the 2 room keys and copy of the bill on the desk(they slide it under your door) she took the keys slid the bill back at me and said "this is yours" and she turned away. I said" Thank you very much " and left. Again, All other staff were very nice and friendly. One other thing, when I called to make a reservation I was told I needed to call back the next day as the person that does that in not in today.(seemed odd)
Again over all this is one of the Best places we have ever stayed at . And we look forward to returning

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
montreal
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This hotel offers the the best value and service for your money. Very Impressed, very welcoming. Bed are super comfortable with duvets. Very clean. Full kitchen with fridge is just what you need if you have kids age 8 and 10. The manager's social from 5-7 was a great hit , chicken wings and salad,free beer and wine in front of the fireplace with no extra charge!!! This is rare!!! Plus complimentary hot breakfast something for everyone. Shower had great pressure too. Very close to stores even Hannafords for groceries Possibility of later checkout for a small fee. You won't be disapointed.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Butterscotch05403, Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2010

Kingston, Ont
Reviewed February 5, 2010

My friend and i decided to do a ski trip to Burlington, and decided to stay at this pet friendly hotel. We were very impressed at the friendly service, the suite we had was roomy and clean and the beds were top notch in terms of comfort and quality. Our travel companion was a 2 year old husky, who i might add was treated very well, and accomodated as if she was a 2 legged companion. The hot breakfast that was provided was definitely a plus since we were skiing during the day, but there were other choices as well for those who prefer fruit and yogurt for breakfast.... coffee was 24 hours a day... a real bonus! The only drawback i can see is that i couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
sasyflamingo
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I went to Vermont to visit a friend with some family members, and was not expecting this hotel to be as nice as it was. The rooms were very clean and spacious. When checking in the staff was very friendly. We couldn't figure out how to use the thermostat and the Assistant General manager came right to our room to assist us. The location is excellent and will stay there whenever I am in Burlington.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Mt Laurel NJ
Reviewed January 30, 2010

This hotel was a random pickup on the web due to its convenience to UVM and that allows pets. We were very suprised by the suite style rooms with a separate pull out sofa great for teenagers and fully equipped kitchennette. The breakfast is plentiful with both hot and cold items. About 1.5 miles from UVM and 2.5 from downtown. Very close to the mall and Barnes and Noble. The beds are very comfortable and the workout facilty and pool a good size.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to Green Mountain Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!