We stayed in the one bedroom suite which is reasonable if booked 5 nights or longer. Great king-size, comfortable bed. Room also good for a family since it has a separate bedroom and a full kitchen. Our room had a fireplace. The suite was clean with lovely furniture, two TV's, and lots of windows and light.
The free full breakfast was the best we have seen. They served eggs, meat, and either waffles or potatoes each day, along with hot, real, honest to goodness oatmeal, and the usual choices of cereals, breads, yogurt, and juices. Monday through Thursday they have a free evening reception. Both the breakfast and the reception take place in the lobby with a double-sided fireplace, and, I kid you not - adequate seating for all.
This place is complete with its own well-mannered cat.
My husband believed the indoor pool could be warmer.
I highly recommend this motel.
While there, be sure to visit Shelburne Museum and allow a day to tour all the exhibits. Fabulous. They have circus wagons, carousel horses, an old passenger train car, a steamboat, and way too much else to mention. I rank it right up there with Mystic Seaport and the Smithsonians, but is only open May through October.
Burlington's downtown pedestrian mall is charming. We dined outside in October. Also, be certain to take the narrated tour of beautiful Lake Champlain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn The Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington