“non refundable reservation is burred in the fine prints”

Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Boston, Massachusetts
“non refundable reservation is burred in the fine prints”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I can not comment on hotel since I decided to cancel my reservation. I made the reservation through Travelocity. I realized just one hour after the reservation that the hotel is quite far away from the ski area. Since i booked more than 2 weeks in advance, I thought I should be able to cancel the reservation with no or a low charge. To my surprise, I was told by Travelocity the reservation is non refundable due to the hotel policy. It was close to $450 for 2 nights! I decided to call the hotel and pleaded my case to the manager. He insisted that it was my fault that I did not read the policy, which was burred in the fine prints. He offered 1 night refund for the cancellation. I understand it was my fault. But to pay over $200 for a cancellation made more than 2 weeks in advance seemed unreasonable to me.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank MomOfTwins603

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa Ontario
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This is our second year staying here and it is always a wonderful experience. This year was particularly great as I had accidentally booked the wrong size room but Andrew managed to help me out despite being fully booked. He had a smile on his face and was extremely courteous despite my being a bit difficult upon hearing our screw up. Kudos to Andrew for such amazing customer service!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ssfg
Greensboro, Vermont
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We recently spent a night at this lovely Hotel, when you enter the lobby you know that this is going to be a great stay. The lobby is beautiful with a large fireplace, the staff are extremely friendly and eager to help you in any way to make your stay perfect. The rooms are unbelievable, very clean and well appointed. We had a King suite and it was beautiful, with a fully equipped kitchen, a nice living room with comfortable furniture and wooden blinds. The bedroom suite was large with fabulous bedding and a comfortable bed, our bathroom was large with dual sinks, marble counter and lots of amenities. It was such a comfortable and warm place to stay. In addition the hotel grounds are really nice. This is a great place to stay and I would think that for a extended stay you could not ask for anything more. We will return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snow---1968
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed at Green Mountain Suites from December 27 through 31. The room was large enough (1 bedroom suite) for 5 and clean. The pool and gym were also clean and well stocked with towels.
The breakfast was the traditional hotel breakfast of eggs/bacon/sausage or omelet/sausage patties with accompanying cereal/fruit/toast and yogurt. All well cooked and flavourful enough.
The high points to be received are for the customer service. All staff were polite and helpful. We only got to enjoy the managers reception for one evening but well done with a variety of beer and wine.
Would highly recommend this hotel if you are not able to stay at one of the ski hills. But they did provide cheap lift tickets to Sugarbush which we took advantage of.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BrowngettingBrowner
Montreal
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here recently with three friends, we booked a room with 2 double beds and, based on the fantastic reviews we read on this site I was hoping for a stellar experience. Truth be told I can't say that I regret our choice but there were some issues with the room, mainly in terms of how clean it was, which is why I didn't give it a 5 rating.

For starters some of our bedding was dirty...one of the comforters had a reddish brown stain on it (roughly the size of a nickel, so not hard to miss) that looked like blood, another blanket had several white streaks on it that my friend said was dried toothpaste (she had the blanket changed). Also, the nightstand's drawer had several reddish rings in it, like what you get when you put down a dirty glass. I mean, none of this was deal-breaking and the rest of the room was clean and was of a good size too, but I was still surprised to see so many "missed spots".

Aside from that, I did enjoy the hotel. The complimentary buffet breakfast was very good - everything from biscuits and gravy to fresh fruit and yogurt was on offer - although the dining area was a bit small for the number of people who were there. Since there were a lot of children running around it was a bit messy and quite loud. Still, for a free breakfast I can deal with that. None of us used the pool but from what I saw it was small, perhaps half the size of a regular one.

Lastly, as we were there to shop, we loved the location; the University Mall was a 5 minute drive away and it was a very easy trip down to Church Street and the stores there.

Overall, I still would recommend the Green Mountain Suites but be sure to check the room carefully to make sure that it has been cleaned properly.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 buildings connected by a heated walkway, so if you have mobility issues ask to stay...