First of all--convenience. The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport, near University of Vermont, Lake Champlain, shopping, restaurants. Despite that, there is a sense of being situated nicely in a woodsy setting.
The mood and furnishings are informal, an inviting fireplace is front and center as you enter, and the public area easily accommodated groups of friends and families who met there. There are three floors, and you will shuttle your own luggage or equipment on wheeled baggage carriers in the elevators--part of the informal, lodge-like style.
Much thought seems to have gone into making everything convenient and hassle-free. Want to print out a boarding pass? the computers in the hall have a printer, the wi-fi in your room is free of charge. Breakfast, too, is included in your room rate, and is more varied and plentiful than the usual fare in motels. Includes of course delicious Vermont maple syrup. The dining area is warm and pleasant.
The hotel room is 2 rooms--very spacious, with a clean and fully stocked kitchen along one wall, a nice wooden table, and lovely living room or sitting room area with a sleeper couch and a flat screen TV. Open the french doors, and a large bed with crisp linens, adequate closet space and a second flat screen TV awaits. Adjoining bathroom is well-stocked with amenities.
A pool and jacuzzi are on the first floor.
Finally, a shuttle to and from the airport is also free of charge. The staff, in my experience, was efficient and accommodating. Pet-friendly, and one of the owners remarked that the pets had a different decorum once in the hotel--no skirmishes, and we didn't hear one bark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn The Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington