I travelled with my 3 children (ages 9, 13, 15) because we were taking my older son to visit colleges. We also wanted to make a mini vacation out of the trip when we were not on the campuses. The parking is free and there was plenty available. Check-in upon arrival was super easy and fast. The front desk people were very friendly and courteous. The check-in area is right near the great room where breakfast is served and the managers reception occurs. I only waited in line for about 3 minutes to check in. We were given as many room keys as we needed and our room (1 bedroom suite with 2 double beds) was spacious and comfortable. Our room had a kitchen area with microwave and stove top and regular fridge with freezer. All utensils and cooking\eating items were readily available. There was also a dishwasher and disposal. They provided soap and cleaning items for dishes. The eating area doubled as a desk area and was next to the living area that included a pull out sofa and sitting chair. The living area and kitchen had wood flooring - a blessing to a person with allergies. A flat screen tv complete with cable was available in both the living room and the bedroom. The bedroom was able to be closed off to the living area by double doors and had a large closet and a dresser. The closet doors were mirrored, which I appreciated for getting prepared in the morning. The beds were comnfortable and clean. Our room faced the courtyard interior of the hotel, so we had a very quiet and restful sleep. We did not hear any noise from neighbors at all. There was a door off of the bedroom and one off of the kitchen that each led into the bathroom. The bathroom has a nice granite counter and all natural, biodegradable bathroom products. There were plenty of towels and places to hang them. Housekeeping was standard but you could opt out by leaving a do not disturb on the door. They also leave it up to you whether you want them to replace the towels or not by whether you hang them or drop them on the floor. WiFi was included and worked very well in the unit. The bedroom floor had carpet, which was the only downside. Heating worked well and customer service was very responsive to our needs (a clogged toilet). We called about pool towels and we were alerted that they were available poolside. Other wonderful items included, especially when you have children, were the breakfast - both hot and cold foods. Typical fare included eggs, bacon, home fries, fruit, yogurt, french toast, a pastry, cereal, english muffins, bagels, juice, milk, coffee, and tea. Of course condiments were a plenty. Another bonus was the included managers reception hosted every Monday through Thursday evening. Each night a different hot meal was offered and a calendar of what would be served was posted in each room so that you could choose to opt out or eat in. We chose to stay and eat for these because it was cheaper for our family than eating out. The food was satisfying. Some of the items offered were italian sausages, chili nachos, and pasta alfredo. The hotel has a pool area. I was afraid that it would be crowded because it is such a small area, but it wasn't too crowded. The kids had a good time swimming about. There is also a small hot tub area and a small fitness room. The fitness room has a good variety of equipment in great condition and good quality, modern equipment. It looks like they take good care of their property. Everywhere was clean, well kept, and in excellent condition. The decor throughout the hotel was rustic but not overly so. It felt like you were connected to the Vermont outdoors and atmosphere but still with all of the amenities and comfort of a hotel environment. The hotel is close to the highway (89) and within a very short drive to Church street, Champlain college and UVM. The check out process was just as easy as check-in. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn The Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington