We stayed here for four nights on a family vacation. It was university graduation weekend so hotels were quite full and prices were a bit high everywhere by the time we could book.
The friendly staff at the front desk and in the breakfast area were the highlight of this clean, quiet, basic hotel. Every employee we dealt with was polite and friendly and genuinely seemed to care that we enjoyed our stay and had a good experience.
The hotel was conveniently located for a variety of attactions that interested our family with young children and was close to shopping.
Our 2 queen bed room was a good size. The bathroom was a bit small, but there was a separate sink and vanity outside the bathroom. The beds were clean and very comfortable and the room had everything you'd need. The A/C and fan unit was somewhat loud but in general we didn't hear noise from the hallway or other rooms. Unfortunately they were not able to provide bed rails for the children, but I checked this out before we arrived and we brought our own.
The children loved the indoor swimming pool and we swam every day. The pool was clean and well-maintained. It was perhaps a bit cool for the children, but just right for someone who wants to swim for exercise or to cool off on a hot day.
The hot breakfast food was just okay but there was a good selection of cereals, bread products and juice, milk, coffee and tea. There are a nice selection of restaurants within a few minutes drive.
Based on our experience, I would definitely recommend this hotel to families with young children and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Burlington hotel offers great location in beautiful Vermont. Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel of South Burlington. Our convenient Vermont hotel is located just minutes from Lake Champlain, bustling downtown Burlington, and the Burlington International Airport. When you're ready to travel, our South Burlington, VT hotel offers a free 24-hour shuttle service to the Burlington International Airport (BVT). In addition to being convenient to the Burlington airport, our hotel is also near many businesses such as GE Healthcare, University of Vermont, St. Michael's College, General Dynamics and Goodrich. Both business and leisure travelers love to stay at our 100% Non-Smoking hotel in South Burlington as it's located less than five miles away from many of Vermont's best attractions including the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, and Church St. Market Place. Other popular area attractions include the University Mall, Cairns Arena, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Stowe, and Sugarbush Ski Resorts. During your visit to Vermont, enjoy amenities that include a heated indoor pool, hot tub, saunas, and fitness center, and try our complimentary 'Smart Start' breakfast bar featuring the exclusive Holiday Inn Express Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, and sausage or bacon daily. Book your Burlington vacation at this Holiday Inn Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington South
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- Holiday Inn Express South Burlington
- Comfort Inn South Burlington