I was off to a bad start with this place when I found out how far from the center of Burlington it's located, not walkable. Things got worse when they clipped me for a $10 phone deposit at the front desk - something I associate with cheap hotels with rowdy customers. It didn't help that Rt. 7 in front of the place is under construction.
But then I got to the room and found it to be truly upscale. It was more like a suite with couch and upholstered chair, extremely clean and clean smelling and amenities from an in room coffee maker to soap and shampoo.
This hotel is in a complex with two other hotels and each is huge.A several acre parking occupies the ground between them. Most rooms have a view of the parking lot. The feeling is more of an apartment complex than a hotel environment. I was there in August and the Howard Johnson's was overrun with families with kids. Good family place, I guess, but you couldn't turn around without a screaming 8-year-old running over your shoes. There's an indoor pool, it looked nice, but was churning with kiddies for two days straight so I didn't use it. One free internet terminal in the lobby, but it was often occupied.
I guess this is a good spot for suburban families who want a sterile, immense and well-decorated spot that reminds them of the sterile, immense and well-decorated neighborhoods from which they come.
A good restaurant - good food but shaky service - is conveniently right next door, and if you walk, a stroll down a nearby road takes you to shady neighborhoods right by the shore of Lake Champlain. Could be a delightful place for some folks, but not quite my cup of tea. Price was a little high, but I can see how they need the money to maintain such a large and immaculate place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Burlington hotel offers great location in beautiful Vermont. Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel of South Burlington. Our convenient Vermont hotel is located just minutes from Lake Champlain, bustling downtown Burlington, and the Burlington International Airport. When you're ready to travel, our South Burlington, VT hotel offers a free 24-hour shuttle service to the Burlington International Airport (BVT). In addition to being convenient to the Burlington airport, our hotel is also near many businesses such as GE Healthcare, University of Vermont, St. Michael's College, General Dynamics and Goodrich. Both business and leisure travelers love to stay at our 100% Non-Smoking hotel in South Burlington as it's located less than five miles away from many of Vermont's best attractions including the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, and Church St. Market Place. Other popular area attractions include the University Mall, Cairns Arena, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Stowe, and Sugarbush Ski Resorts. During your visit to Vermont, enjoy amenities that include a heated indoor pool, hot tub, saunas, and fitness center, and try our complimentary 'Smart Start' breakfast bar featuring the exclusive Holiday Inn Express Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, and sausage or bacon daily. Book your Burlington vacation at this Holiday Inn Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington South
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- Holiday Inn Express South Burlington
- Comfort Inn South Burlington