“Could have done without hair in the bed”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is an average hotel. Nothing super special, but decent anough for a night or two at reasonable rates. Bed was decently comfortable and it was clean enough. Standard hotel room, which was what I had expected.

What I didn't expect was to find 2 long black hairs from someone else's head in the bed. That was clearly a turn off. Unfortunately I was so tired after a long day of traveling and in meetings that I didn't have the effort to call down to the desk and complain. So I let it go, but either way, could have done without it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Jackie255VT,

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as we move forward and strive for perfection.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and were flying out of Burlington on an early morning flight. The hotel was adequate for our needs and the shuttle was great. We had family drop us at the hotel and, by mistake, had gone to the other Holiday Inn in Burlington. Both shuttle drivers were accommodating and we were squared away in no time. I would definitely stay here again if I were flying into or out of Burlington. It's a bit loud in the rooms because of the proximity to the highway and the furnishings (especially carpet) are a bit outdated, but it was good overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear blosom8376,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Pleased to hear our hotel shuttle met your traveling needs. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Although this is "nothing special" the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. It is not in downtown Burlington, but a very short and easy drive to get to the city. Plenty of parking. Very convenient.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Burlington area.

Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Upon arrival my room was ready and I was quickly checked in by a very friendly and helpful staff member. The journey to the room was a bit odd requiring 2 elevator trips from the lobby to the fifth floor, however this is easily avoided by parking in rear lot and entering through entrance B. the room and furnishings were dated, however they were in excellent condition. Everything in my guest room was clean and working properly. This hotel met all of my expectations and worked well for my 2 day business trip. I did not eat at the hotel or use any of the amenities therefore I cannot comment on those. Overall this hotel is one to consider if traveling to the South Burlington area.

Room Tip: Fifth floor rooms are great if you enter through rear parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear blapicol,

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that our hotel and staff met all of your needs. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Spent 3 nights there going to a Street Rod Show easy access to highway was a good choice.When checking in staff was pleasant and helpful.Breakfast was fair to poor no pancakes Sat. or Sun.Sunday was a rainy day one young girl working her tail off to keep refilling everything coffee was hard for her to keep up as there were all adults in breakfast room.Eggs had no flavor due to having so much water in them.Also would be great if a refrigerator was in the room.No maid service on Sun. Came back after being gone all day to a undone room at 7:00.Called desk had towels brought up etc rather quickly.Room was not the cleanses rails by the closet needed to be scrubbed also looked for ice bucket found it under the night table with tray that was not useable due to being so dirty.Will look elsewhere next year!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear MrsAbb,

I apologize that your recent visit with us fell below your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff as we take all reviews into consideration as we strive for perfection.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was adequate for a one night stop on a 7 day road trip. We were greeted pleasantly when we checked in, but our room was on the 5th floor. To get to the room from the front desk you either have to take 2 elevators, take the stairs (which I always do except when I'm lugging luggage) or drive to the back parking lot and enter through the back door. This isn't really a big deal, but we already had all our stuff out of the car. The hotel is built into a hill so I guess this is why only one elevator goes to the 5th floor and you can only pick up this elevator from the 2nd floor. This was also inconvenient when going to breakfast, but I just took the stairs. Breakfast was just OK, but I guess I shouldn't expect gourmet. The staff (2 women) was standing around the juice machine, oblivious to any guests-I think they may have been training? There were 18 wheelers in the back parking lot and the engines were cycling on and off all night. We had the window open because we couldn't get the heat below 73-to be fair, we didn't let management know about the heat issue and this could have been part of our sleep troubles. The worst part, was that the bed wasn't very comfortable. It was a nice big king, but it slanted toward the middle and during the night the sheet came off my husbands side. I didn't notice if there was a mattress pad underneath. I would go there again if I thought I could get a decent nights sleep.... the price is certainly better than hotels near Church Street in Burlington.

Room Tip: Stay off the 5th floor-though we were told it's the quietest floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear skiqueen10,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience fell below your expectations. We definately hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you on your next visit to the Burlington area.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Easy access to highway made this hotel a good choice for one night on our road trip. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Room comfortable and clean. Caught a cab to Church St. where there are lots of outdoor patios and restaurants. Walked down the steep hill to the lake front. Lovely park area. Called a cab from there so didn't have to walk back up! Nice pub and restaurant with outdoor patio next to the Holiday Inn Express. As always, enjoyed the ease of a free breakfast in our hotel before we headed on our way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Sue C,

We are happy to hear that you were able to get out and enjoy Burlington. It is such a great city. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
#2 of 4 in Shelburne
Smart Suites Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South? Share your experiences!