“Pleasant stay for UVM graduation.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in South Burlington
Dover, NH
“Pleasant stay for UVM graduation.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Holiday Inn Express is the only hotel that I stay at in any city where I feel clean. We have always had a wonderful experience. We were thrilled when we arrived Fri. and saw the beautiful gas fire and cheerful Holiday decorations in the lobby. When we went into our room, however, we were met with freezing temperatures. THe heat had not been turned on. We quickly warmed up after the heat was turned on! I looked around the room, and saw a little purple pill on the nightstand. That really turned my stomach!!! I will, however, stay at this hotel again, as I have always found it very, very clean. The staff is very friendly and always helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks for making us your "Home away from home" when in the Burlington area. I am truly sorry to hear that the room temperature was so low upon arrival. I have shared your comments with our staff to ensure they understand how important it is for every aspect of our guest's stay to be perfect. Thanks again for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Holiday Inn Express is one of my hotel chains of choice. I have stayed here before and again have nothing bad to say about this specific location. Convenient to the Interstate Highway as well as right on Route 7 and close to shops, downtown and tourist sites it is ideal. More than ample parking and the included internet and breakfast make it wonderful not only for family travel but for business travelers as well.

The staff is courteous and accommodating. As a person who travels with medication that needs refrigeration I phoned ahead of time and requested some assistance with that if possible. There was a small refrigerator in my room upon arrival.

My only issue - and that holds with most hotels - is the lack of electrical outlets. In this day and age where people travel with tablets, laptops, phones and other electronic equipment it would seem logical to have a power strip or extra outlets at table/desk height in each room as well as on the night table.Fortunately I travel with a power strip so it was slightly less of an issue for me but I'm just saying.

Again - due to medical needs I had mentioned the need for extra power at the night table and they did have a four plug outlet on it. So that was a huge help.

The pricing was reasonable The place itself is a bit difficult to see when driving at legal speed. Look for the Comfort Suites sign (same owners) and turn into that entrance. Then make a sharp right to get to the hotel. I have no idea how noisy rooms in the front are. Ask for the "B" building and you should have lots of quiet. Again - I have stayed here before and will do so again when I go up to the Burlington area.

Room Tip: Ask for the "B" building for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in South Burlington, Vermont. We treat every guest as family and strive to make sure we meet each individuals needs. We are working diligently on a solution for the lack of available outlets as guest travel with numerous portable electronics. The docking station with 4 additional outlets on the night stand is step one.
Delmas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

For the price, it is convenient, clean and what is most important the staff is friendly and helpful. Cannot ask for more. An the location is very good, it is so close to the airport, one can make it there in fifteen minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express appreciates your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Burlington, VT.
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

A revisit went well. Keep up the good work though usual fast food type of breakfast. I would certainly add an addiotional fruit or two. A fruit salad could be a major improvement.Over all for sure i will return.

• Stayed November 2012
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us regularly. We will definately keep up the good work. We are looking into adding more seasonal fruits to our breakfast bar. We currently have bananas and apples available. Thanks again for your continued patronage and suggestions.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Quick trip east for a family gathering. Good hotel. Room was clean and needed a little updating. Nice TV. Great breakfast in the morning. Had everything, bacon, eggs, fruit, yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, and good coffee.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deputyc2
StacyGermond, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Our "Smart Start" breakfast is second to none. Hope to see you on your next trip East.
Pasadena, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Arriving in Burlington on 11/6/12 my husband and I decided to check in after dinner, around 930pm. The woman at checkin, when informed we were a Hotwire booking, was inflexible about placing us in a king bed room when the hotel was only partially booked, even though I informed her I was also a Priority Rewards member. We went to our room, which was as expected at this level/property type. We unpacked, drew the shades and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning from hearing conversation outside my window, I drew the curtains and found out we were located over the indoor pool. Then someone walked by my window and only found out that way that we had a communal balcony. I then looked and realized we didn't have a window but a sliding door and that the door was unlocked. So we spent the night in an unlocked room. We were relieved we didn't check in earlier and leave our belongings unattended in an unsecured room. When I went downstairs to inform the "manager" on duty, he gave me a blank look and said "I'm not sure what you want me to do." Wow. No sincere apology, no offer to immediately at a minimum inform staff that those doors should be secured and that guests should be told the room type where they are placed. Need I say more?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teresa C
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I apologize that the sliding glass door to the balcony over looking the pool was left unlocked at check in. I have reviewed your comments with our executive housekeeper to ensure that all windows and and sliding doors are locked and secured prior to guest arrival. Thank you for bringing this oversight to our attention.

Travelers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Orleans,ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed one night late Oct.And were pleasantly surprised with all this hotel has to offer,from the warm cookies on (late) arrival to the bacon and eggs at the free breakfast.
Rooms are big enough for a couple of people with very nice large dubbel sink bathrooms with lots of amenities.
Nice HD flat screen tv etc.
Friendly helpful staff.
Will stay again travelling through Vermont.

Room Tip: $149.00 thru Holiday Inn $ 85.00 thru Hotwire. Do some homework and do ask the questions.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Burlington. Thank you for the wonderful comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#6 of 11 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#9 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South? Share your experiences!