“Good value accommodation”

Comfort Suites South Burlington
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed one night here as a result of a Hotwire selection, so we were never sure what to expect, although the Hotwire rating showed 90% recommendation rate.

All to say that this is decent accommodation at a good price. Room was spacious and comfortable, although not elegantly furnished. A few signs of wear and tear. Internet and parking were free. Breakfast buffet was unexciting but fine. Staff helpful.

Location not ideal for us. It's located in the south end of Burlington and not close to much of interest. Nothing within walking distance (e.g. restaurants / shopping / attractions).

Having said this, this is perfectly adequate accommodation at a decent price.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room facing the back (away from parking lot view).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear RexT,
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary parking, wifi, and breakfast. We are currently in the process of upgrading some items in our suites such as new bedding.
We hope to see you again next time you're in Burlington to check out our improvements.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites South Burlington

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Easy access to/from airport and downtown Burlington, and the bonus was the great view of Lake Champlain (near the hotel, you can walk to it or drive to an awesome city park with outlook). Parking was easy and close to main entrance. I was pleased with how clean the room was, including furnishings. It seems that it was recently renovated, because not everything is new. Bathroom is old style, but clean with new tiles, and TV is not flatscreen...these were no problem for me, just signs of the age of the place. The lobby is very cozy and the eating area, while same food as most chains, was much bigger and nicer than most. Free wifi worked great. Two things that kept this being 5 stars for me: my room was next to stairwell and elevator, which was NOISY early in the morning! And, the pillows...awful! They feel like they have stuffing from build-a-bear, rather than actual pillows. ROOM ADVICE: the queen rooms (we reserved 2, on 2 different floors), seem to all be located right next to stairwell/elevator...easy access, but noisy as I said before. Might be worth the upgrade to a king to avoid that.

Room Tip: Queen rooms were located near the elevator/stairs...which meant they were noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear tinatalker,
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. The hotel has been recently renovated and we are in the process of upgrading our bedding and getting flat screen tv's for the Queen rooms as our King Suites already have them. As all the Queen rooms are next to the stairwell it can be noisy and I apologize that this an issue during your stay.
I hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Burlington to witness the ongoing improvements we are making here at the Comfort Suites.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Comfort Suites in South Burlington provided a great place for easy access to Burlington shopping, Lake Champlain cruising and lots of other sight seeing to be had. The Comfort Suites was clean, the staff very accommodating and friendly. Continental breakfast was 'okay' and we did eat there most mornings, but lacked that 'going out for breakfast' feeling. All in all, a good value for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: End suites are quieter on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Carolyn1120,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel. I'm glad that you had a great experience here at the Comfort Suites. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Burlington, VT.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived late and when entering the room, it smelled like someone had smoked in this non smoking room and then a deodorizer was used to cover it up. When we asked about this at the desk, the staff was very helpful and immediately changed us to another room, a suite at no extra charge. Rooms were clean and the hot breakfast was very good. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Stephen T,
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey of the hotel. I'm sorry that you were in a room that originally was unsuitable due to another guest's actions. I've brought this to the attention of the housekeeping department to see how we may be able to get rid of the smell without the deodorizer smell. I'm glad the staff was helpful to make you more comfortable. We hope to see you the next time you are in Burlington, VT.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 2 weeks. The hotel and our room were fairly clean. Having hot breakfast is good but a variety would be better...eating the same things for 2 weeks gets a little old. Most of the staff were friendly. We did have some issues with the manager. If you are staying for more than a week, be sure to ask about the payment policy. We planned to pay cash in full at the end of our stay but found that our card was charged without authorization after the first week of our stay. Although this is apparently their policy, that was never explained to us. The manager was not very friendly or helpful in resolving the issue. Because of this problem we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear DNA99,
Thank you for your response to the survey. I apologize for the issues you had regarding the management staff and payment policy here at the hotel. I am glad to see that there was staff that were helpful and friendly. I will speak with my staff about clarifying these procedures at check in and hope you stay with again to see the improvements we are making.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Comfort Suites in South Burlington. When we arrived, we asked if we might be able to store our baby's milk in a fridge. The front desk clerk upgraded us to a king-sized suite at no extra cost which was enormous and had not only a fridge for the milk but also a microwave for heating it up. They also had a very clean and sturdy crib for the baby and an extremely comfortable king-sized bed for us. The breakfast in the morning was substantial with lots of healthy and not-so-healthy options. Great water pressure in the shower and very friendly and efficient front desk staff. Although it's in South Burlington it's really only minutes away from downtown. We will definitely consider this spot the next time we are in town!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear AmyCharlton,

It's great to hear that the front desk staff was helpful to you and your family. I hope while you were here you were able to utilize the shared pool, hot tub, and sauna we have with the Holiday Inn Express in front of us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to South Burlington, VT.

Lisa
AGM
Comfort Suites
802-860-1112

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Terrible part of that chain. Either renovate this hole or bulldoze it. Looked okay from the outside and the lobby looked okay. Then it all falls apart. We went to our 4th floor room located next to the elevator and the door to the stairs. Upon opening the door I noticed the room was warm. The thermostat was set down low and the fan set to medium. So I then moved the fan to High. Water pours, not drips, but POURS from the vent. I call the desk and they will have someone up there immediately. I then look around this room...there is NO closet and the TV could have been steam powered for as old as it was. I called back down to the desk and git someone else. I once again explained my plight and said I would like another room.....well, she has to fnd another room in the same "category" as mine! Really? I don't care if you have to give me the Presidential Suite..my room sucks and is WARM, with no prospects of getting cooler.....well we are moved to the first floor , again next to the elevator and door to the stairs. At least water wasn't pouring out.....now, the bed....this mattress was about the worst I have ever encountered.......Awful......now, let us address the noise. The door to the stairs opened and slammed ALL NIGHT LONG.....not much of a restful night. The breakfast was edible. That is all I will say about that. These people are charging $140 for a $70 room. Stay FAR away!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. period! Find a Motel 6 if you have to
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Comfort Suites
802-860-1112

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Comfort Suites South Burlington? Share your experiences!