“Not too bad”

Comfort Suites South Burlington
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 2 weeks. The hotel and our room were fairly clean. Having hot breakfast is good but a variety would be better...eating the same things for 2 weeks gets a little old. Most of the staff were friendly. We did have some issues with the manager. If you are staying for more than a week, be sure to ask about the payment policy. We planned to pay cash in full at the end of our stay but found that our card was charged without authorization after the first week of our stay. Although this is apparently their policy, that was never explained to us. The manager was not very friendly or helpful in resolving the issue. Because of this problem we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear DNA99,
Thank you for your response to the survey. I apologize for the issues you had regarding the management staff and payment policy here at the hotel. I am glad to see that there was staff that were helpful and friendly. I will speak with my staff about clarifying these procedures at check in and hope you stay with again to see the improvements we are making.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites South Burlington

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Comfort Suites in South Burlington. When we arrived, we asked if we might be able to store our baby's milk in a fridge. The front desk clerk upgraded us to a king-sized suite at no extra cost which was enormous and had not only a fridge for the milk but also a microwave for heating it up. They also had a very clean and sturdy crib for the baby and an extremely comfortable king-sized bed for us. The breakfast in the morning was substantial with lots of healthy and not-so-healthy options. Great water pressure in the shower and very friendly and efficient front desk staff. Although it's in South Burlington it's really only minutes away from downtown. We will definitely consider this spot the next time we are in town!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear AmyCharlton,

It's great to hear that the front desk staff was helpful to you and your family. I hope while you were here you were able to utilize the shared pool, hot tub, and sauna we have with the Holiday Inn Express in front of us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to South Burlington, VT.

Lisa
AGM
Comfort Suites
802-860-1112

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Terrible part of that chain. Either renovate this hole or bulldoze it. Looked okay from the outside and the lobby looked okay. Then it all falls apart. We went to our 4th floor room located next to the elevator and the door to the stairs. Upon opening the door I noticed the room was warm. The thermostat was set down low and the fan set to medium. So I then moved the fan to High. Water pours, not drips, but POURS from the vent. I call the desk and they will have someone up there immediately. I then look around this room...there is NO closet and the TV could have been steam powered for as old as it was. I called back down to the desk and git someone else. I once again explained my plight and said I would like another room.....well, she has to fnd another room in the same "category" as mine! Really? I don't care if you have to give me the Presidential Suite..my room sucks and is WARM, with no prospects of getting cooler.....well we are moved to the first floor , again next to the elevator and door to the stairs. At least water wasn't pouring out.....now, the bed....this mattress was about the worst I have ever encountered.......Awful......now, let us address the noise. The door to the stairs opened and slammed ALL NIGHT LONG.....not much of a restful night. The breakfast was edible. That is all I will say about that. These people are charging $140 for a $70 room. Stay FAR away!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. period! Find a Motel 6 if you have to
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cfray1950

Dear Mr. cfray1950,

Lisa
AGM
Comfort Suites
802-860-1112

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was selected for location (close to S Burlington) and for the size of rooms for a family. The room (a king suite) was good size for a family of 4, including 2 small children in porta cribs. It was comfortable for several days. A sink, dining table and microwave helped add to comfort.
The hotel is a bit tired, old wallpaper, furnishing and finishes. Linens look overused, and a bit tatty. Comfortable bed. The drapes don't close all the way which was strange and not helpful for napping kids.
I booked the hotel first for over $230 a night, which is definitely too much to pay for the quality. I was able to rebook later for less than $175 which made it a better value and possible a 3.5/5 for what you should be expecting of the hotel at that price. Breakfast was decent with make your own waffles, cereals, fruit and the like. Bad coffee both in room and at breakfast.
Located in S Burlington down Shelburne Rd (rt7) from Burlington which is a sea of car dealers, strip stores and traffic lights. If you want a quaint VT location or one closer to the action in Burlington look elsewhere, but was a good base for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dphender
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear dphender,

Glad to hear that you were satisfied with the size of the room. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations with regard to the furnishing of the room. We have ordered some new bedding and are waiting for it to arrive. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I hope you were also able to utilize the pool and complimentary wifi. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was nicer than I expected. The suite/room was enormous and pretty clean. The hotel was surprisingly quiet and the staff was friendly. There is loads of parking and the location in relation to Burlington downtown, I-89 and Middlebury is great. You are also on a strip with loads of chain style restaurants if that is your thing. The only downside to the stay was that the shower/tub drained at a glacial rate. This was addressed at the front desk but never adequately repaired. No big deal, it just meant you finished your shower in 4-6" of water. Would I stay here again, yes!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear ackExpat:

Thank you for your survey. I've addressed the drain issue with Maintenance so that we can provide a more relaxing stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked this hotel on the basis of current price and the fact that they had a free airport shuttle. I had to fly out of Burlington at 5:45am, and I live 2+ hours away from the airport. I let them know I would be a late arrival, confirming that they had the free airport shuttle. Upon arriving ( 11:15 PM Thursday night), I let the young lady at the desk know my car would be there until Sunday. She then said that I should have been charged $10 a night. I explained that this was not stated on the website, as I had specifically searched for free parking and free airport shuttle. She said she would make note that the website was unclear on this, and leave it up to a supervisor as to whether I would be charged the fee. I headed to my room for my short sleep, it was lovely, clean and comfortable, but... no refrigerator. I had also checked the website for amenities, as I knew I would be leaving before breakfast, and had brought food with me to have the next morning. Upon commenting to the desk clerk about this, she explained that their "efficiencies" did not have the fridge and microwave. It was understandable that I was put in an efficiency since I was only spending the one night, but I still expected the amenities, as the website stated they were in all rooms. She graciously offered to keep my things in her fridge at the front desk, but I declined, knowing I would forget at the early hour of my departure. She also said she would make note about the site again. Upon my return on Sunday, I called and the shuttle was sent, I put my things in my car and headed home, and to this point, I have not heard or seen of any additional charges for the parking. Would certainly stay there again, but will call to ask questions instead of just relying on the site. I did book directly through their site, not a 3rd party.

Room Tip: Ask about your included amenites
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear tinatalker,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. On behalf of the Comfort Suites I apologize for the clarity on our website. It can be confusing when our hotel has different amenities such as free parking while you stay and extended parking such as you used. I am working with the management team to see if we can't clarify those amenities better so that we may provide you with better service. I hope you choose to stay with us again for your next trip in Burlington, VT and I would be happy to speak directly with you.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was a great hotel, great comp. breakfast and the staff was quite friendly. Close to restaurants so you don't have to travel far for a meal: Olive Garden was good too. The view is wonderful too especially of lake shelburne, and the accomadations suited my need of my friend and mine.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lile9240

Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. I hope while you stayed here you were able to enjoy the complimentary wifi and pool that we offer as well as the breakfast. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Burlington, VT.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Comfort Suites South Burlington? Share your experiences!