Convenient location, on Route 2 off I-89 and minutes from downtown Burlington, but so are a dozen other chain hotels. After reading good reviews, I was somewhat disappointed with the room. Perhaps a suite would have been preferable for our family of four, as the regular rooms are cramped. The reception staff was courteous and prompt and there was free coffee and Internet in the lobby. The continental breakfast was more than sufficient for our needs. As for the room, the beds were shabbily made with ill-fitting sheets, the bathroom was narrow and difficult to manoeuvre (no one in our family is large) and the closet floor had not seen a vacuum for some time. I lifted the ice bucket to find a huge coffee stain on the tray below from the previous occupants. The "heated" outdoor pool was cold and not very clean; the vinyl lining was ripped in the shallow end by the stairs. The day we checked in was rainy - and while it wasn't a stellar day to be swimming, those with children will understand that it doesn't matter what the weather is like when it comes to swimming! There was nowhere to put a towel down to keep it dry. In the breakfast area, I inquired whether or not I could make a tray and bring it to the room. A somewhat condescending staff person explained to me that was what the tray under the ice bucket was for (yes, the same one that had the nice stain on it). I returned to the room to wash the tray and bring it downstairs, where she commented how clever I was to have found the tray and that it always amused her how many people didn't realize that's what it's there for. Whatever. I think if I were paying under $100 for this hotel I wouldn't complain. All in all it was okay, but I will seek different lodging the next time I'm in Burlington. We did find a terrific place to have dinner that night - at Parima's Thai restaurant on Pearl Street, complete with great food and a live jazz band.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington Hotel South Burlington
- La Quinta Inn And Suites South Burlington
- La Quinta South Burlington
- South Burlington La Quinta