I probably would not have selected the Holiday Inn thanks to previous experience at other locations, but went for the Travelocity Top Secret to save a few bucks and ended up here. The room was pleasant and clean, with comfy bed and pillows. And it was quiet, except for the heat. My sleep was interrupted frequently throughout the night by the heater's clunking noise every time it turned on and off. Normally I would use the Fan On setting to mask the noise, but that wasn't an option and turning it off altogether didn't seem like a prudent choice in sub-zero weather. There were lots of conveniently located outlets, and the wifi was a bit sluggish but free. Plus the clean remote was a nice touch. The side chair was more comfortable than most, but it would have been better if located next to a small table for glasses and reading material.
My plans to get some work done over a quiet dinner and breakfast in the room were foiled by a combination of the room service phone line not working and the breakfast order card on my door staying right where it was until I finally gave up and left without breakfast in the morning. To be fair, the nice folks at the front desk were very apologetic and offered me breakfast in the restaurant, but by that time it was too late. In fact all of the front desk folks were pleasant and helpful, not to mention generous with their cookies. I was only there for one night and didn't try the pool or fitness center, but both looked nice as I passed by.
On the whole there was a lot to like about this place, more than I expected actually. But with the low points being as important as sleep and food, I'm a little hesitant to recommend it. On the other hand, if you're a heavy sleeper and not too lazy, I mean busy, to leave your room for a meal, it could be just right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel, in Vermont's scenic Champlain Valley, is a centrally-located, full service hotel. Only minutes from Lake Champlain or the Green Mountains, we are located off exit 14E on Interstate 89 at the junction with U.S. Route 2. The Burlington International Airport is a short one mile ride in our 24-hour courtesy shuttle. Just one block from our front door, is Vermont's largest shopping mall, the University Mall. The award-winning, historic, Church Street Marketplace is a five minute drive from the hotel. The Fletch Allen Medical Center, University of Vermont, Saint Michael's and Champlain College are all less than 5 minutes from the hotel. Traveling with children, if so kids 12 and under eat for free. In addition, the Hotel is close to the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory, the Shelburne Museum, the Flynn Theater, Vermont Teddy Bear Company, Champlain Valley Fair Grounds and other local area attractions. The Ben and Jerry s Ice Cream Factory is a 25 minute drive.Any time of the year, if you are traveling on business or exploring Vermont, make the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel South Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- South Burlington Holiday Inn