Holiday Inn Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
$103
Delta Hotels
Very Good 4/5
$56
Average 3/5
$101
HIExpress.com
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
$89
Excellent 5/5
$126
$109
Great 4.5/5
Smart Suites Burlington(South Burlington)
$99
$96
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
$149
$127
Official Website
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsindoor poolrooms are cleanfront desk personoff the highwaythe room was nicechurch ststaff was friendlycookiesfitness roomclose to the airportlake champlainsaunadowntownburlingtonshuttlemallkeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A recently upgraded Holiday Inn with friendly, courteous staff. Rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated with a coffee pot that has great local coffee pods! You even get to request a special kind if pillow (hard, soft, rubber foam,etc.) if you prefer one. All pillows have a tag that lets you know what is on the bed. The shower pressure in the bathroom is great! Location is very convenient to the University and shuttle service is possible to the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for convenience when my mother was admitted into the hospital nearby. I could not believe the service that I received while I was there. Every employee was so incredibly polite, professional and went out of their way to ensure that your stay was perfect. The ladies at the reception desk were some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I travel quite extensively. You were always greeted with a smile from each employee no matter what job they were doing. The restaurant was nice to have available but the food was truely amazing and delicious. I could not believe the quality of the food I was eating there. Who ever is their chef, they need to keep them. (French Onion Soup), the best I ever had!!! They don't skimp on the portions either. You cannot leave there hungry. The room was immaculate, the bed was so comfortable and flat screen television made the room a pleasure to be in. This hotel provides room service and even if you forget some toiletries, even deodorant, they will provide them to you at no additional cost. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you and pick you up at the airport for free and even take you to the hospital 24/7 at no additional cost. This was absolutely perfect and convenient for me since I was traveling back and forth to the hospital each day. I would never stay at any other hotel in the area after my experience with the Holiday Inn on Williston Road. No hotel in the area can compete with them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lindlash
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed here while in Burlington for my nieces graduation from University of Vermont. We arrived Friday early evening to cookies at the check-in desk. Hotel staff very curteous, and helpful. Our room was ready and everything in the room was in good condition. Bathroom a little dated but clean. The hotel had two very nice pools, one outdoor and one indoor. The children loved the outdoor. It was warm, and plenty of chairs, and someone from the restaurant came to take orders for drinks. There was a reception Sat. evening for guests who were attending graduation which was free, and a nice touch. They served wine and cheese and some cookies and brownies. Breakfast the morning of the graduation was complimentary and the staff at the hotel were very nice and attentive. There was also complimentary coffee every morning in the lobby. My only complaint was the gym. Machines were a bit dated and could have used more than one bike, and a recumbent bike is better for most people.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room in the back of the hotel so that you don't hear road traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This place was over priced, I've stayed down the road at another hotel at a third of the price and had a better time. We only stayed here because my wife is a Platinum Priority Club member and we felt like points.

Besides the price, three things really put me off this place. The pillows on the bed are the size of sofa throw pillows, you need to line to up to try to get a real pillow feel and end up with your head falling through the crack.

The thermostat maxes out at 70 degrees. Fine for Vermonters but I'm from Malaysia and 70 is cold.

The thing that really put me off this place was the fact that my plane was delayed coming into Washington DC and I had to run to my BTV connection. I didn't get a chance to eat so I called the hotel on the way to my plane and arranged to have a sandwich and some beer sent up to the room for my arrival. The front desk staff said no problem. Upon arriving the man at the desk said the beers couldn't be delivered due to some Vermont law, ok fine all I really cared about was food. Got to room, no food, called down, no note besides the beer message on my account.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear James P,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Burlington, Vermont. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received especially on the delivery of food to your room as well as the cold room temperature. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Although the AC is only seasonal and the bathrooms are kind of small, the staff of the hotel went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. We had to stay an extra night in Burlington because our luggage didn't make it with us on our flight, but the night staff at the hotel provided us with speedy and great service. They gave us a great deal deal due to our circumstances and even provided us with an emergency amenities kit. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again for my next trip...

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel is the most recently renovated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family