“The Bearded Frog - Best Meal of the Trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bearded Frog

The Bearded Frog
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
disappearing down the vortex...
“The Bearded Frog - Best Meal of the Trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

I have been visiting Vermont for 20 years and have had the privilige of eating in several of Michel's restaurants in Vergennes, Bristol and also Shelburne.
On a visit to Vermont last week we dined with some customers at The Bearded Frog in Shelburne.
The meal was (clearly) the best of the trip - awesome food.
For my meal.
My starter was the venison cigars which was utterly delicious and moresome.
I followed up with the Lamb Rump which was tender flavoursome and delicious.
The desserts looked amazing - but I passed (I am not a pudding person).
The Frog has a limited but excellent and eclectic wine list.
We had the Wild Earth Otago Pinot Noir with the starters - which went very well with the Venison Cigars (and the other folks starters) and then the Owen Roe Sinister Hand (GSM) which partnered my Lamb Rump and the other entrees extremely well.
Go again? Absolutely yes. In an instant.
Recommend to others? Unhesitatingly.

Atlanta, GA
“Tres bien!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

I really enjoyed visiting The Bearded Frog! My venison burger was delicious, and the fries (with two different aiolis, basil and garlic) were amazing! I sampled a slightly-too-garlicky flatbread, and their potato curls were okay. They have a fun beer selection, but to my chagrin, don't offer any Vermont wines. Their beef tips sandwich tasted like it had been reheated, according to a dining companion. Perhaps the menu is a bit spotty. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and the decor is lovely. Our meal was loud since we sat in the bar area, but since we didn't have reservations, it was the quickest place to be seated. Service was good.

Santa Monica, California
“yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

It was on the late side so we chose to be seated in the pub side where it was more casual. The tomato gazpacho with cucumber sorbet was fantastic, as was the corn bisque. The seared scallops were fab, we enjoyed the filet, and the beer selection was fun . We will return there the next time we are in town....which I hope is soon.

North Central MA
“Expensive, but nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

The food was very good and different. Expensive for a vacation type of relaxed dinner.

Syracuse, NY
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

The food and service were very good, but a little pricey for what you got. We didn't have a reservation but they seated us anyway since we were coming from the nearby inn. It is in the middle of town and within walking distance to the lovely 'Heart of the Village Inn', where we stayed.

1 Thank LVC1028