“Cozy, Creative and Delicious”
Review of The Bearded Frog

The Bearded Frog
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brandon, Vermont
“Cozy, Creative and Delicious”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is the third visit to the Frog and probably the best. Our party of four sat in the tavern; copper topped tables in the booths and a warmer atmosphere than the dining room. There is a varied selection of beer and wine with many local choices. The menu was divided in the pub section and dining room offerings. I had the vegggie burger which came with fries and 2 dipping sauces, both quite tasty. I also had a side of the shredded brussel sprouts which could have used more garlic for my taste but great all the same. My friends had pork, filet mignon and the most creative use of leftover bread I have ever seen: Indian spiced bread pudding served with crispy kale. All of the entrees were a hit. We were too full to indulge in dessert but the "Birthday Cake" would have been my choice.PS.The bakery next door looked inviting. It is connected to the restaurant but only open from ? until 2pm.

• Visited October 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“Phenomenal food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

There seem to be no bad choices on the creative and appealing menu. Every bite of food that crossed our plates was superb. The dining room is a little snug, but very nicely decorated. Service was excellent.

Visited October 2012
Middlebury, Vermont
“Gourmet Burgers”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The bar menu offers exceptionally good burgers, both meat and vegetarian. Friends swear by the venison burger. The sides are delicious if not particularly suited to the health conscious. Outdoor seating is nice in warmer months. When we have strayed away from the burger options, the food has not seemed worth the price.

Visited November 2011
Essex, Vermont
“Delish & Comfy”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great servers, food & wine. We were celebrating a special occasion and the staff was very helpful with seating us in a more quiet area. At the end of the meal the server even left a little note of congratulations with our bill. Very nice all around and we will be returning soon. Oh! And yummo... french fried cornbread.

• Visited October 2012
Vermont
“my favorite restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I live here so I have many choices. When I want a special dinner with my husband, this is where we go. Delicious bistro food, great wine list and the servers are very knowledgeable about the wines.

Visited February 2012