“EXCELLENT MOTEL IN THIS PRICE RANGE”
Review of North Star Motel

North Star Motel
Bridgeport, New York
“EXCELLENT MOTEL IN THIS PRICE RANGE”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I live in New York State and stay at the North Star Motel often for business as well as family functions. This motel is very clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff is polite and accommodating. You cannot find a better motel in this price range within the Burlington Vermont area. I am a retired Trailways bus driver and have dealt with lot of passengers. I know from experience that it is sometimes very difficult to satisfy a customer. I read a shockingly bad review posted by a Mitchygal33. This individual probably has champagne tastes on a beer pocketbook. His/her review is completely false. If you want a clean room with comfortable beds without buying the motel, stay at the North Star Motel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lincoln, Maine, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been using North Star for over 10 years now with no complaints. Shellie and the staff are wonderful and know me like family. The rooms are bare, could use a little work, but the sheets and everything else are clean. Free wifi and MORE than adequate breakfast... Why pay the high rates in Burlington when you can go to North Star and save enough money to pay for meals?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
boston
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Yes the price cannot be beat, and the desk people were very friendly...but it is time to do something with the rooms. Basement rooms are depressing, run down and should no longer be rented to the paying public. TV had to be unplugged to turn off, as the power button was missing and the remote didn't work except to change channels. No A/C in the rooms, but a nice dirty fan is available. Rooms at the back seem to be long term rentals, which adds some "interest" to who you will meet in the parking lot.
I am not picky when checking into a hotel / motel...but the most upsetting was finding the used condom and needle next to my car the next morning....
You may want to check out your room before you check in to see if this is your kind of place.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you check in. Do not take a "downstairs" room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tjltc

Travelers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We checked in and the door wouldn't close. We contacting the owner she gave the assistant three screw drivers to try and fix the door. As she did that I noticed a hole in the wall by the head of the bed. It gets worse the door could not be fixed but the owner completely refused to take responsibly for it. She gave my husband and I an attitude from the beginning to end of our experience. The chair was ripped that sat by the window. The bed spread look like you might catch something from laying on it. For it to be beautiful Vermont I never expected this garbage motel with " hotel comfort to be like this. Please people stay clear of this place!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Staying here as we speak. Checked in around 1030 am yesterday and initially didn't think it was that bad for $52.87 w. Tax. Bed somewhat comfortable but found 2 roaches in bathroom this morning. Clerk polite at checkin thought a little odd when owner called him when I was checking in 2 verify my Connecticut id!!!! Its a motel so obviously a lot of out of state ppl so a Lil odd!!! They have business cards claiming great views of lake Champlain but in all reality no views at all and grounds could be kept up better but its mad cheap and somewhat a decent location so it is what it is!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Nottingham
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were on our honeymoon, exploring New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont on a fairly modest budget. We were in the Burlington area to catch up with an old friend. We initially booked in for just one night, I must admit, I had some reservations but the lady on the desk was friendly so we gave it a go! We had a room near the office and parked directly outside. The room was clean and smelled a little of bleach (makes a change from the usual peach overkill). The shower was very good, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! It was quiet and only a few minutes drive into Burlington. We actually ended up staying another night. We did not take breakfast although it was included, we went to Denny's just down the road on the first morning and treated ourselves to breakfast at Shelburne Farm on the second. Yes the motel is dated and really could benefit from a general tidy up and refurbish but if you are on a budget, at $60 plus tax, it's not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NottinghamBillie
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ugly and old... We stayed (my hubby, my daughter and I) there because we need a place to sleep and no other places were availables on Labour Day weekend. Take your 109$ and go to a Comfort Inn instead, this is my advice. It is very clean but so old that you will not enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
Days Inn Shelburne/burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington

Been to North Star Motel? Share your experiences!