“Roaches” 3 of 5 stars

North Star Motel
North Star Motel
“Roaches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Staying here as we speak. Checked in around 1030 am yesterday and initially didn't think it was that bad for $52.87 w. Tax. Bed somewhat comfortable but found 2 roaches in bathroom this morning. Clerk polite at checkin thought a little odd when owner called him when I was checking in 2 verify my Connecticut id!!!! Its a motel so obviously a lot of out of state ppl so a Lil odd!!! They have business cards claiming great views of lake Champlain but in all reality no views at all and grounds could be kept up better but its mad cheap and somewhat a decent location so it is what it is!!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were on our honeymoon, exploring New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont on a fairly modest budget. We were in the Burlington area to catch up with an old friend. We initially booked in for just one night, I must admit, I had some reservations but the lady on the desk was friendly so we gave it a go! We had a room near the office and parked directly outside. The room was clean and smelled a little of bleach (makes a change from the usual peach overkill). The shower was very good, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! It was quiet and only a few minutes drive into Burlington. We actually ended up staying another night. We did not take breakfast although it was included, we went to Denny's just down the road on the first morning and treated ourselves to breakfast at Shelburne Farm on the second. Yes the motel is dated and really could benefit from a general tidy up and refurbish but if you are on a budget, at $60 plus tax, it's not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NottinghamBillie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ugly and old... We stayed (my hubby, my daughter and I) there because we need a place to sleep and no other places were availables on Labour Day weekend. Take your 109$ and go to a Comfort Inn instead, this is my advice. It is very clean but so old that you will not enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here for one night talking to the owner. When I arrived I was told that they had taken me off the list and rented the room to some one else. I did not cancel the reservation. I was left hit
Gh and dry on a weekend when almost every hotel was booked. Never again. I thought I might end up sleeping in my van. The hotel is old and upon arriving I was not anxious to stay there. No one ther seemed to have any concern about finding me another room after they canceled my reservation by mistake. I would NOT recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike M
Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in town overnight on business. This was by far the best value - $52 including tax. It had cable and wifi, and the rooms were neat and clean. Front desk staff were polite and courteous. I would definitely stay here again and I heartily recommend the motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank palousern
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am currently staying at the North Star Motel and I highly recommend this motel to all travelers. It is very cozy and clean. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. And definitely fits into all budgets. Come and see for yourself. Dont pass this motel. Definitely stop in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

we were passing through the area and stopped in to inquire about the rates and the area. the staff was very polite and friendly. the rooms were neat and very clean. i would highly recommend this small, quaint place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Smart Suites Burlington
#6 of 14 in South Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 291 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#10 of 14 in South Burlington
3.5 of 5 stars 407 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 14 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 stars 1,105 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to North Star Motel? Share your experiences!