“Cheap and cheerful” 3 of 5 stars

North Star Motel
Nottingham
“Cheap and cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were on our honeymoon, exploring New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont on a fairly modest budget. We were in the Burlington area to catch up with an old friend. We initially booked in for just one night, I must admit, I had some reservations but the lady on the desk was friendly so we gave it a go! We had a room near the office and parked directly outside. The room was clean and smelled a little of bleach (makes a change from the usual peach overkill). The shower was very good, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! It was quiet and only a few minutes drive into Burlington. We actually ended up staying another night. We did not take breakfast although it was included, we went to Denny's just down the road on the first morning and treated ourselves to breakfast at Shelburne Farm on the second. Yes the motel is dated and really could benefit from a general tidy up and refurbish but if you are on a budget, at $60 plus tax, it's not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NottinghamBillie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ugly and old... We stayed (my hubby, my daughter and I) there because we need a place to sleep and no other places were availables on Labour Day weekend. Take your 109$ and go to a Comfort Inn instead, this is my advice. It is very clean but so old that you will not enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here for one night talking to the owner. When I arrived I was told that they had taken me off the list and rented the room to some one else. I did not cancel the reservation. I was left hit
Gh and dry on a weekend when almost every hotel was booked. Never again. I thought I might end up sleeping in my van. The hotel is old and upon arriving I was not anxious to stay there. No one ther seemed to have any concern about finding me another room after they canceled my reservation by mistake. I would NOT recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike M
Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in town overnight on business. This was by far the best value - $52 including tax. It had cable and wifi, and the rooms were neat and clean. Front desk staff were polite and courteous. I would definitely stay here again and I heartily recommend the motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank palousern
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am currently staying at the North Star Motel and I highly recommend this motel to all travelers. It is very cozy and clean. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. And definitely fits into all budgets. Come and see for yourself. Dont pass this motel. Definitely stop in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

we were passing through the area and stopped in to inquire about the rates and the area. the staff was very polite and friendly. the rooms were neat and very clean. i would highly recommend this small, quaint place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011 7:30PM: Very rude, not helpful at all! $38.99 rate is only for SMOKING ROOMS! All other rooms are $69.99 and $79.99 on weekends! MOLD IN THE AIR CONDITIONER! ROOM STAGNANT (NO AIR FLOW) AND SMELLS MUSTY! AIR CONDITIONER FILTER DISGUSTING! Breakfast basic bare essentials and doesn't look fresh. The only plus was free internet which most places include and location close (within 10-15 minute) to Burlington. Other places to checkout: Belair Motel (Nicest motel in Burlington in my opinion - Robyn a very nice woman - $79.99/night) and IN Burlington, and the Burlington Hostel ($35/night per person on weeknights and $40/night per person on weekends).

Room Tip: Have them clean the AC so you aren't breathing in the disgusting filter! Note: Air flow is vir...