“Rent this place only if you REALLY need a place to sleep!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of North Star Motel

North Star Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
North Star Motel
You added North Star Motel to your Saves list
2427 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482   |
“Rent this place only if you REALLY need a place to sleep!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Ugly and old... We stayed (my hubby, my daughter and I) there because we need a place to sleep and no other places were availables on Labour Day weekend. Take your 109$ and go to a Comfort Inn instead, this is my advice. It is very clean but so old that you will not enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here for one night talking to the owner. When I arrived I was told that they had taken me off the list and rented the room to some one else. I did not cancel the reservation. I was left hit
Gh and dry on a weekend when almost every hotel was booked. Never again. I thought I might end up sleeping in my van. The hotel is old and upon arriving I was not anxious to stay there. No one ther seemed to have any concern about finding me another room after they canceled my reservation by mistake. I would NOT recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike M

Travelers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in town overnight on business. This was by far the best value - $52 including tax. It had cable and wifi, and the rooms were neat and clean. Front desk staff were polite and courteous. I would definitely stay here again and I heartily recommend the motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank palousern
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am currently staying at the North Star Motel and I highly recommend this motel to all travelers. It is very cozy and clean. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. And definitely fits into all budgets. Come and see for yourself. Dont pass this motel. Definitely stop in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

we were passing through the area and stopped in to inquire about the rates and the area. the staff was very polite and friendly. the rooms were neat and very clean. i would highly recommend this small, quaint place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011 7:30PM: Very rude, not helpful at all! $38.99 rate is only for SMOKING ROOMS! All other rooms are $69.99 and $79.99 on weekends! MOLD IN THE AIR CONDITIONER! ROOM STAGNANT (NO AIR FLOW) AND SMELLS MUSTY! AIR CONDITIONER FILTER DISGUSTING! Breakfast basic bare essentials and doesn't look fresh. The only plus was free internet which most places include and location close (within 10-15 minute) to Burlington. Other places to checkout: Belair Motel (Nicest motel in Burlington in my opinion - Robyn a very nice woman - $79.99/night) and IN Burlington, and the Burlington Hostel ($35/night per person on weeknights and $40/night per person on weekends).

Room Tip: Have them clean the AC so you aren't breathing in the disgusting filter! Note: Air flow is vir...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at this place first in a basement room for the ungodly price of $69. No air, closet door wouldnt shut, medicine cabinet doors wouldnt open or close, they ran out of toilet paper and I had to buy my own. Then I was moved into a smoking room with a very small kitchentte for the price of $38. The blinds on the window were in shambles ams many of the missing, the funiture was dilapidated, a drawer was com pletely missing out of the dresser and the smoke alarm was removed from the wall. For the three days I was in this room I heard nothing but doors slamming and noisy guests. After I left I was accused of not returning the room key when in fact on the day of departure @ 9:38 a.m. I was walking to the front desk and housekeeping said give it to her and she would turn it in. Oh and this continentail breakfast..yeah okay..it's packaged pastries. If this is your last resort for a place to stay..use caution. The rooms attached sto the main building are okay and nice but the rest....don't advertise what is not real. Would I go back..only if my life depended upon it. No spa and no pool

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 6 in Shelburne
4.0 of 5 stars 271 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 15 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 stars 932 reviews
G.G.T. Tibet Inn
G.G.T. Tibet Inn
#8 of 9 in Burlington
3.0 of 5 stars 101 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 15 in South Burlington
5.0 of 5 stars 157 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#10 of 15 in South Burlington
3.5 of 5 stars 363 reviews

Been to North Star Motel? Share your experiences!