“Never again.”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: La Villa is a small owner operated restaurant serving locals and tourists for more than fifteen years in Shelburne Vermont. All of our food is hand crafted and made to order with as many local and farm fresh ingredients as possible. Panninis, fresh salads. Dinner options include day boat ocean fish, local veal, pork and beef and made to order pasta dishes. All this accompanied by our award winning wine list. We can't wait to serve you!
Reviewed July 27, 2011

the

The atmosphere is strickly strip mall. Brown wrapping paper is used for table cloths. Service was adequate. The pasta in the chicken cacciatore was not cooked properly and was lumpy. The crab cakes had little to no flavor. We enjoyed the creme brulle. The prices are not justified for the food. Before our Vermontopia discount our total bill was over $76.00. Our discount of $40.00 left a balance of $36.00 with no drinks and a shared dessert.

1  Thank bettygiroux

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I won't be returning to La Villa, unfortunately, unless I hear that they have completely revamped their front-of-the-house staff. We waited at the door for nearly 10 minutes before anyone came to greet us, and yes, we were the only people waiting. Once seated, it was another 10 minutes before a server greeted us. I was dismayed that she was empty-handed- no water, no nothing.
We ordered drinks & appetizers, which came relatively quickly (it was a busy Friday evening, and for the record, we did have a reservation). The ginger martini was delicious and the crab cakes were so-so. When our entrees arrived, I ordered a second drink which took almost 30 minutes to arrive. Needless to say, I had nearly completed my meal by the time it was delivered.
Our server looked like she could be in high school and acted like it, too. She removed our appetizer plate with food still on it, literally as my dining companion was in mid-bite. We both looked at each other, and then at her, so strangely that she apparently felt our discomfort and returned the plate, saying "oh, sorry, were you still eating that?" Um, yes.
So disappointed with the quality of service here, especially because the food was quite good. I had the organic scottish salmon entree and my friend had the misty knoll chicken, both of which were delicious. However, when I asked the waitress to tell the kitchen to cook my salmon through, she said "Like, medium?".
Anyway, I won't "like", be going to La Villa again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

The title about says it all:
Well Prepared Fresh Food, But NEED Vegan Options. I would not recommend to my
vegan friends.....

Reviewed October 7, 2010

La villa has great food and very local. The beet salad was a great starter, various beets with arugula and gorgonzola. The misty knolls chicken with a maple bourbon sauce was to die for. The shrimp and scallop risotto and veal special were also enjoyed at our table. Good selection of wine and local beers, and don't forget about the homemade deserts! Check out Lavilla with family or friends or on a date!!

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Don't let the location in a strip mall off of Shelburne Road fool you. This place was great. I've lived in Burlington for 5 years now and had never been. The service was a bit slow but the food more then made up for the wait. All food is fresh and local which was reflected in the taste. The pork chops and mashed potatoes were the best i can remember ever having. Though they do serve pizza, and pizzeria is in the name, this is definitely a casual dining bistro. There was a good mixed of clientele from couples on a date to families (though I must mention all the kids were well behaved and quiet... this isn't a Denny's or McDonalds!) to older friends. Definitely check out La Villa, you won't be disappointed. We'll be heading back there with guests over Columbus day weekend.